Vezina award finalists include Brodeur and Lundqvist

faba

Brodeur, seeking fourth Vezina Trophy, named finalist for 8th time

ESPN.com news servic

New Jersey's Martin Brodeur, San Jose's Evgeni Nabokov and New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist were named finalists for the NHL's Vezina Trophy on Monday.

Brodeur is the veteran of the group, having won the NHL's award given to the top goaltender three times. He has been a finalist eight times during his career.

Brodeur finished the season with a 44-27-6 record, a 2.17 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage. He also earned four shutouts this season while becoming the second goalie in history to reach 500 career victories.

The third time may be the charm for Lundqvist. The Rangers netminder, who led the league with 10 shutouts, is a Vezina finalist for the third consecutive year.

Nabokov earned his first nomination as a Vezina finalist after leading the league with 46 wins. His 2.14 goals against average was third-best in the NHL and his six shutouts this season tied for third.

Nabokov was also second in the league in minutes played and began the season starting in 43 consecutive games.

All 30 NHL general managers voted for the award at the end of the regular season. The winner will be announced June 12 in Toronto.

Lundqvist should win it. I haven't seen a Sharks game this year so I have no idea how good Nabokov is.

IMO: Brodeur should be disqualified for being such a poor sport after the Devils lost the other day.

Lundqvist should win it. I haven't seen a Sharks game this year so I have no idea how good Nabokov is.

IMO: Brodeur should be disqualified for being such a poor sport after the Devils lost the other day.

Nabokov will win it. He sat out in only 4 games, and played like the first 60.

He really was a great goalie this year, here's his stats....http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8460705

Henry was too inconsistent this year to win it.

Marty had too slow of a start, and didn't play better untill there top plyers came back in the lineup.

I actually think Nabokov should win it. It's unbelievable how many games he played this year and he's still playing great in goal.

I think Brodeur lost it after his embarassing-on-many-levels performance in the playoffs. Lundqvist probably won't get it because of his mid-season slump, although leading the league in shutouts should get him some votes.

Archived