Brooks Accused Of Punching Woman In Left Eye

jetfuel

I'm not one of those people who assumes guilt just because of an accusation or because the newspaper makes it seem that way, but I did want to share this. Somebody must have cursed the Bengals about 5 years ago or so.

Bengals LB Brooks accused of punching woman

Associated Press

Updated: May 2, 2008, 1:49 AM ET

BURLINGTON, Ky. -- A woman has accused Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Ahmad Brooks of punching her in the face last month.

Brooks was ordered to appear June 6 in Boone District Court on a complaint filed this week by Destiny Rosich. Based on the complaint, prosecutors charged Brooks with fourth-degree assault, a misdemeanor that carries up to a year in prison.

Rosich's complaint said Brooks got into a loud disagreement with one of her neighbors in nearby Florence on April 9. When she tried to intervene, Brooks punched her in the left eye, temporarily knocking her unconscious, the complaint said.

Police were called to the scene but didn't witness the alleged altercation. Rosich was told she could file a complaint.

A Bengals spokesman said the team had no comment because of the preliminary nature of the case.

Brooks missed most of last season with torn groin muscles. The Bengals took him in the 2006 supplemental draft, shortly before linebacker Odell Thurman began serving an NFL suspension that would last for two seasons.

Brooks played three seasons at Virginia before being kicked off the team.

Last month, the Bengals released receiver Chris Henry after he was arrested for the fifth time. Henry was one of 10 Bengals players arrested during a 14-month span from 2006-07.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index

and people complain about being a jets fan. at least they've won a superbowl, what has cinci done, hopes dreams and 923 arrests over the last 4 years

In all fairness, in this case, Brooks has NOT been arrested. A complaint was filed. Being that the police were on the scene and they did NOT arrest him makes me believe that there is a good chance this is bunk. That said, his rep aint so hot. I'm holding off judgement but I would hate to be a Bengals fan the last few years.

The problem is that since it's the Bengals, people automatically assume guilt. If this happened to a player on just about any other team, most would be willing to wait until there is more to the story. But since it involves a Bengal, people assume the worst.

Granted, they brought this on themselves by bringing in so many scumbag players, but I'm holding out hope that this guy didn't do this.

If they're not careful the entire team will consist of Carson Palmer and a bunch of choirboys after they cut everyone else.

IMO, Marvin Lewis needs to go. I know the HC can't control his players all of the time, especially off the field, but it just seems like he has no control at all. That needs to change, and they need to get someone in there that can mold the team as both football players and young men.

Are Brooks and Justin Miller related?

Isn't it a shame when players break the law. Remember when that quarterback named marino used illegal cocaine in the 1980's. That' just wrong. I think he speaks out today about the need for drug testing. So not only does he break the law. he is even worse...a complete hypocrite!

What a proud dolphin tradition following in the footsteps of that bitter old cheat Don 'let it rain' Shula!

Isn't it a shame when players break the law. Remember when that quarterback named marino used illegal cocaine in the 1980's. That' just wrong. I think he speaks out today about the need for drug testing. So not only does he break the law. he is even worse...a complete hypocrite!

What a proud dolphin tradition following in the footsteps of that bitter old cheat Don 'let it rain' Shula!

Why do you feel the need to constantly spew your diarrhea of the mouth all over. I'll tell you this one more time, Marino was never busted doing blow. The rumors you speak of are just that... Rumors. There is nothing to substantiate your claim of Marinos' drug use. Besides the guy retired almost 10 years ago... Let it go dude.

Why do you feel the need to constantly spew your diarrhea of the mouth all over. I'll tell you this one more time, Marino was never busted doing blow. The rumors you speak of are just that... Rumors. There is nothing to substantiate your claim of Marinos' drug use. Besides the guy retired almost 10 years ago... Let it go dude.

Rumors!? He singlehandedly kept Henry Hill's pittsburgh connection in business! Gimme a break!

Link. Show me a link that proves your B.S. and I'll shut up.

I miss the good old days of the jets dolphins rivalry. It has lost its luster now that your team is a punching bag. The jets are lucky though, they get to start every season penciling in two wins thanks to your fins. Most nfl teams don't have that luxury and I guess we as jets fans should thank you.

So...thanks.

I miss the good old days of the jets dolphins rivalry. It has lost its luster now that your team is a punching bag. The jets are lucky though, they get to start every season penciling in two wins thanks to your fins. Most nfl teams don't have that luxury and I guess we as jets fans should thank you.

So...thanks.

:yawn: Your trash talk is boring me.

I'm still waiting for my link. I'm in awe that you linked Marino with Henry Hill. That's some imagination you have there OJDidit. Don't you think that IF Marino was doing blow (and that's a big if) he would have had a pretty easy time of finding it in Miami, instead of going through the North East mafia, as you claim.

:yawn: Your trash talk is boring me.

I'm still waiting for my link. I'm in awe that you linked Marino with Henry Hill. That's some imagination you have there OJDidit. Don't you think that IF Marino was doing blow (and that's a big if) he would have had a pretty easy time of finding it in Miami, instead of going through the North East mafia, as you claim.

U Pitt

U Clueless

Yep. You're right. A well known user of large quantities of cocaine in the pittsburgh area probably could have gotten his supply from another dealer who was willing to take on Henry Hill's group and their enforcers. I'm sure they wouldn't mind competition in their main distribution city.

Grow up man and take the wax out of your ears.

BTW, don't tell me you think your team will win in week one do you? haha. I'm flying to vegas and i'm gonna make more in 3 hours on the jets ML than you fish fans make in 3 months. bwaahahaha. I love it!

Yep. You're right. A well known user of large quantities of cocaine in the pittsburgh area probably could have gotten his supply from another dealer who was willing to take on Henry Hill's group and their enforcers. I'm sure they wouldn't mind competition in their main distribution city.

Grow up man and take the wax out of your ears.

BTW, don't tell me you think your team will win in week one do you? haha. I'm flying to vegas and i'm gonna make more in 3 hours on the jets ML than you fish fans make in 3 months. bwaahahaha. I love it!

Well known? Are you stupid? And I'm still waiting on a link for this crap. I'm sure you'll never produce it, mostly because it doesn't exsist.

Yes, Miami will win week one and I hope you lose your whole wad on the Jets and Blow.

Well known? Are you stupid? And I'm still waiting on a link for this crap. I'm sure you'll never produce it, mostly because it doesn't exsist.

Yes, Miami will win week one and I hope you lose your whole wad on the Jets and Blow.

The great thing about it is that in some way when I win I will be taking the money right out of your pocket. It is people like you who will keep the point spread/money line reasonable by throwing away your money on the dolphins side.

Thanks again buddy!

Someone who worships a murderer going head to head with a Dolphins fan on a Jets board. The only thing better would be if it was drago vs. DW2.

As CrashingJet would argue, OJ was never convicted of murder. Please provide a 'link' saying that he was! This is slander! (actually libel).

Where is the LINK!!!!!!

Archived