Henry could make noise for Jets at WR

Kentucky Jet

I think before the year is out this is going to turn out to be an excellent draft for the Jets. The first two picks are going to be immediate starters, and have a dramatic impact.

Lowery and Henry are going to have a significant impact as the year goes on.

The other two are projects, and time will have to judge them, but IMO the 4 will turn heads this year.

Lowery and Henry are going to have a significant impact as the year goes on.

Lowery will almost certainly make the team, and may even contribute on defense this year. CB is a position where rookies can often step in right away.

WR is not such a position. Henry has an uphill battle just to make the team, IMHO. Despite the hate, I don't think the Brad Smith experiment is close to done yet. Stuckey's going to have every opportunity this year, too, after a great preseason last year. That leaves Henry battling with guys like Clowney, Wright, and Ball for the last WR spot - if they even carry five. They could easily go with an extra TE with Keller serving as a hybrid TE/WR.

Henry has height going for him, but he has to show he can do something with it. Wright's a very good special teamer, and will be tough to beat out. Neither Smith nor Stuckey is a lock to make the team, either, but I think the odds are with them.

Henry has a chance, simply because the other guys aren't competition. his main threat for a roster spot is Dave Ball, Chanci Stuckey, Craig Davis, Wallace Wright etc.

also note Garner (OT) is in a similar situation. Oldenberg, Bender, Montgomery, Turner etc. not alot of competition there.

neither of these are especially good prospects but the Jets tend to find a way to sneak these guys on the roster.

Lowery will almost certainly make the team, and may even contribute on defense this year. CB is a position where rookies can often step in right away.

WR is not such a position. Henry has an uphill battle just to make the team, IMHO. Despite the hate, I don't think the Brad Smith experiment is close to done yet. Stuckey's going to have every opportunity this year, too, after a great preseason last year. That leaves Henry battling with guys like Clowney, Wright, and Ball for the last WR spot - if they even carry five. They could easily go with an extra TE with Keller serving as a hybrid TE/WR.

Henry has height going for him, but he has to show he can do something with it. Wright's a very good special teamer, and will be tough to beat out. Neither Smith nor Stuckey is a lock to make the team, either, but I think the odds are with them.

I'm really hoping the Smith experiment ends. He does nothing for me as a WR. As far as Stuckey, I'm just hoping he can stay healthy. I liked what I saw of him in the PS last year.

Archived