NFL | Los Angeles interested in hosting draft

Jetfan13

Tue, 6 May 2008 10:29:04 -0700

The Times-Picayune reports the city of Los Angeles is attempting to be the host city for the NFL Draft next year, according to the Los Angeles Times. The venue for the event would be the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.

The Times-Picayune reports the city of Los Angeles is attempting to be the host city for the NFL Draft next year, according to the Los Angeles Times. The venue for the event would be the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.

No way the draft leaves NYC!

There's not even an NFL team in L.A.!!!!!

NJ/NYC will probabaly never host a Super Bowl because of the weather in February, the least they can do is keep the draft in NYC.

Someone in the NFL must have said when talking to these future Draft Show Producers ,"nothing for nothing" but as much as you think people watch this show for hours to see their 1 pick every three hours ,the truth is, a lot of folks tune in to see how the JET fans will re-act & how are we going to re-place that and my guess is they saw a picture of the GAY-DOR fans in costume & said lets put it in LA ,personally I think if they want to put a team back in LA they should build the stadium on Alkatraz ,then it would truley be a home field...

NJ/NYC will probabaly never host a Super Bowl because of the weather in February, the least they can do is keep the draft in NYC.

Hey jcord. Welcome to the board.

I noticed myself in the hat turned sideways and joiseyjet in the white to the left are the background in your picture with the Flight Crew. Nice. :headbang:

Fcuk L.A. Eastside Dipset byrdgang! (im just joking..PLEASE DONT KILL ME!)

By the way, this would be a worse idea than putting it in the home of the #1 draft pick each year. At least those cities actually have an NFL franchise. Screw Los Angeles. Either keep it in New York or move it around each year to the city of the team holding the #1 pick.

I can see it working out in some places. Mostly in the North/Northeast where they're as passionate about it as Jets fans are. I think it would work in Pittsburgh, Green Bay, maybe Chicago, etc. But you know for a fact that its going to work out if its in NY because it has for so long. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

L.A.? Does the Draft really need a red carpet?

I can see it working out in some places. Mostly in the North/Northeast where they're as passionate about it as Jets fans are. I think it would work in Pittsburgh, Green Bay, maybe Chicago, etc. But you know for a fact that its going to work out if its in NY because it has for so long. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

L.A.? Does the Draft really need a red carpet?

Here`s what they should do If they are going to screw with a good thing ,change the appitiser ,not the main course or the location of a top rated resturante, first they were talking about starting some NFL awards show and putting it on the night or Fri. before the SuperBowl bottom line is ,this is a once in a life time expier. for a lot of these people and they are spending a S**t load of cash to get tickets and hotels ,they will be out partying not sitting in watching some award show ,So put it on the thurs. night before the DRAFT in NYC .The Media capital of the world,Fri. night the NFL can move their round 1 coverage to prime time next year like they planned ,now since the Primetime first round will get over around 11pm people will go out party ,stay over for round two on Sat .afternoon ,the Nfl should have a all you can eat buffett breakfest with all proceeds going to NFL Charities & those good enough to donate get early entry into day/RD. 2 of the draft ,now you`ve got folks staying in the city from thurs. eve. till Sat. aft.

F'em pure and simple. They've lost 2 teams because they won't support the NFL and now they want the draft? F'em !!

Archived