Can someone explain what the hell is wrong with Jason Taylor

khesanh

So, you think Jason Taylor doesn't bust his ass to be the best he can?

You are missing my point entirely. I am not knocking Curtis Martin for not being a fan, but it's hypocritical for Jets' fans to bash Taylor for the same thing. There are plenty of other things to bash Taylor for, like dancing on national TV and being a big crybaby ***** in general.

We do bash him for that. But JTaylor apparently said that he'd rather be known as an actor than a football player, which proves he isn't all that into football anymore considering he is still in the league.

We do bash him for that. But JTaylor apparently said that he'd rather be known as an actor than a football player, which proves he isn't all that into football anymore considering he is still in the league.

Have you ever seen the NFL Films piece on Curtis Martin?

I'd recommend you watch it.

Have you ever seen the NFL Films piece on Curtis Martin?

I'd recommend you watch it.

I saw it awhile ago, I remember him saying that he wants to be remembered more for being a good person then a good football player or something like that.

Here's the difference:

It is entirely possible to be a good person and a good football player. You can live every day of your career playing and working on football and still be a great person. Its harder to be a great actor while living every day of your career playing/working on football.

I saw it awhile ago, I remember him saying that he wants to be remembered more for being a good person then a good football player or something like that.

Here's the difference:

It is entirely possible to be a good person and a good football player. You can live every day of your career playing and working on football and still be a great person. Its harder to be a great actor while living every day of your career playing/working on football.

The bottom line is that neither is passionate about football. Playing it, yes, but otherwise, no. They are not fans of the game. In that manner, they are exactly alike.

That was my point and that is still my point. Don't bash Taylor for not being a fan. Bash his stupid dream of turning into the Rock.

There is nothing wrong with him, He is GAY and he wants to play for a GAY team.

I heard it's the Gaytriots!!

See, all is well in Fagland, Tom Brady will be thrilled to have him (Pun intended)

You are a brilliant mind and your insights have added much to this world. Thank you.

From NFL.com

May 21: The Miami Herald reports that Taylor, through his agent, has requested a trade. His agent has told the Dolphins that Taylor will not report for training camp unless he is traded. If Taylor isn't traded before the season in September, don't be surprised if he threatens to retire. The Dolphins, meanwhile, can't really do anything about this matter right now other than continue efforts to trade him.

Bahahahahaha. Good crybaby. I hope Miami deals him to the freakin' Cardinals.

Sparano: Taylor not attending training camp

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano just dropped something of a bombshell although we preall saw coming.

"What I know and I'm glad we know this," Sparano said. "We gotten the information and that's important. I know that Jason is not going to be at any OTAs [Organized Team Activities]. I know that Jason is not going to be at any minicamps. And I know right now Jason is not going to be at training camp.

"Jason is a player under contract with the Miami Dolphins. He knows that. Both parties are well aware of the information. That's all I'm going to say about it. I'm going to talk about our players now."

And that's all he said.

Taylor, through his agent, has requested a trade on several occasions. And the agent, Gary Wichard, has told the Dolphins that Taylor will not report for training camp unless he is traded ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

Although Sparano portrayed this like it's somehow new information it really is not.

Taylor's thinking is simple: He wants to play for a winner and he doesn't think the Dolphins are that team. The Dolphins, Taylor believes, are in a rebuilding mode and that doesn't fit his agenda, which at 33 years old, is to win a championship.

So Taylor ain't showing. He wants out. And he wants out now. He wants to play football, just not for the Dolphins. This is the proverbial tip of the iceberg, people.

As I've been stating to a chorus of accusations that I sensationalize, the situation promises to get very ugly. Uglier than it already is.

If Taylor isn't traded before the season in September, don't be surprised if he threatens to retire.

The Dolphins, meanwhile, can't really do anything about this matter right now other than continue efforts to trade him. So far Taylor has missed only voluntary workouts. Starting with the June 6-8 mandatory minicamp, Taylor becomes subject to team fines.

And the team will fine Taylor for every day he misses in training camp and grow angrier that such a distraction is threatening to overshadow the building of a team. And knowing the antagonists involved, don't be surprised if it gets personal when folks become frustrated enough to start speaking on the issue publicly.

What was once a win-win situation is now looking like a lose-lose.

If the Dolphins had done the logical thing and traded Taylor for a draft pick or picks around draft time, they would have added ammunition for building their team. Taylor, meanwhile, would have been happy to thank the team for 11 wonderful seasons and gone onto trying to win a championship for himself and new team. Win-win.

But the Dolphins put a ridiculous asking price on Taylor (a first round pick) that no one was willing to pay. So of course, no one made a trade offer. So Taylor is still on the team, but he is about to conduct a holdout while the team has a soap opera on its hands. Lose-lose

Archived