Can someone explain what the hell is wrong with Jason Taylor

khesanh

I read this article that he wants to act now and that he wants to be remember more as an actor than a football player? 1# NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE MIAMI GAME 2# why don't he act like a football player and get to camp 3# More ammo for Bill Parcel to ship him off to another team

Some people are in the sport because they love it and others are in it because they are naturally good at it and can make millions. I'm not going to hate on him because he doesn't love the game.

Some people are in the sport because they love it and others are in it because they are naturally good at it and can make millions. I'm not going to hate on him because he doesn't love the game.

Actually he loves winning. Right now he is in the playoffs and it is down to three teams. He want to play football in January. He want to be trade from Miami to somewhere that has a shot at doing that.

I read this article that he wants to act now and that he wants to be remember more as an actor than a football player? 1# NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE MIAMI GAME 2# why don't he act like a football player and get to camp 3# More ammo for Bill Parcel to ship him off to another team

he is prepping for 2nd career,,he doesnt want to be at Miami games rest of his life flipping the coin at kickoff...

or signing autographs at the local steak joint..

give him credit for prepping and practicing what he preaches

I HATE the Dolphins and all but Taylor is an awesome player. He is almost 34 years old and deserves the right to move on to the next stage of his life if that's what he chooses to do. He is likely to make the Hall Of Fame as one of the best pass rushers of his day. He has always gave his all on the field and as a Jets fan I've seen that first-hand more than I would have cared to. All that said, I'd be more than happy to see him retire and make movies. That would be one less madman the Jets would have to see twice a year.

Heard an interview with him yesterday.

He wants to play two more years, he would like to play for a winner, and the Fish won't be there in 2 years hopefully.

The Fish tried to trade him during the draft but were asking to much. He loves football, but is looking out for when he retires. This stint with dancing with the stars went very well for him.

If the guy was 28 I would take him in a heart beat. Tears and all. I would much rather have a player crying out of frustration after losing a heartbreaking game, then laughing it up on the sidelines.

I have no problems with Taylor, other then he was/is a great player for the Fish

I HATE the Dolphins and all but Taylor is an awesome player. He is almost 34 years old and deserves the right to move on to the next stage of his life if that's what he chooses to do. He is likely to make the Hall Of Fame as one of the best pass rushers of his day. He has always gave his all on the field and as a Jets fan I've seen that first-hand more than I would have cared to. All that said, I'd be more than happy to see him retire and make movies. That would be one less madman the Jets would have to see twice a year.

Yeah but my thing is why does he want to be remember more for acting then football? You can be an actor a lot of the greats have done it but they were football players first and they were great at it. Is being remembered as a football player so bad?

Yeah but my thing is why does he want to be remember more for acting then football? You can be an actor a lot of the greats have done it but they were football players first and they were great at it. Is being remembered as a football player so bad?

It doesn't matter what he does from here on in. He IS going to be remembered as a football player and a great one at that. Why does it matter what he wants to be remembered as? OJ sliced and diced a couple of people and he is still remembered as a great football player.

It doesn't matter what he does from here on in. He IS going to be remembered as a football player and a great one at that. Why does it matter what he wants to be remembered as? OJ sliced and diced a couple of people and he is still remembered as a great football player.
And a guy that got away with murdering 2 people.

And a guy that got away with murdering 2 people.

Pretty impressive resume - not only was he able to elude defenders for all those years on his way to Canton but he was also able to elude the strong arm of the law.

Well said. Taylor is an awesome player and will probably be a Hall of Famer some day.

because he's not a Bill Parcells guy. Parcells guys want to win a Lombardi, not an Oscar

What Parcells wants is to be revered, and to be deferred to. And for those things to lead to a Lombardi.

Parcells is a bag of wind. All he can do in Miami is over exert his authority because he knows he isn't going to stay nearly long enough to see this team turn around. He's a mercenary and has been for a long time. Jet fans should know this better than most.

This time he picked one of the few players on his team that has talent to be the focus of his pretend wrath. This isn't about the dancing show. It's about showing everyone who's boss because the boss is not sticking around long enough to have anything else to show for his time. His issue with Taylor started before the draft and before any reality TV.

So, Taylor will get dealt and be better off, or he'll endure Parcells and be the better man. Either way the Dolphins are less of a team, but it doesn't matter because the check cleared.

Congrats, Coach. You win again. The only kind of win you've seen in decades. Now go away.

Some people are in it to win the Super Bowl and Jason Taylor has missed that train. :)

BZ

I seem to recall another player that was the same way, but if you bash him on this board, it's regarded as blasphemy.

Think he wore #28.

He might have loved playing the game, as I am sure Taylor does, but Curtis Martin has said repeatedly that he doesn't watch football.

So?

Just because he doesn't watch it NOW, doesn't mean he didn't love playing it and bust his a$$ to be the best he can be.

Also, he's trying to become a partial owner of an NFL franchise, which proves he DOES in fact still like the sport.

So?

Just because he doesn't watch it NOW, doesn't mean he didn't love playing it and bust his a$$ to be the best he can be.

Also, he's trying to become a partial owner of an NFL franchise, which proves he DOES in fact still like the sport.

So, you think Jason Taylor doesn't bust his ass to be the best he can?

You are missing my point entirely. I am not knocking Curtis Martin for not being a fan, but it's hypocritical for Jets' fans to bash Taylor for the same thing. There are plenty of other things to bash Taylor for, like dancing on national TV and being a big crybaby ***** in general.

Archived