The official the world ends in 2012 thread

OJDidIt

An ancient civilization makes a prediction and we have to accept it as being true, why?

You choose to buy into it, sure. I'm a tad skeptical. Predictions of the destruction of mankind are batting .000 so far. So many have come, so many have failed to deliver. What makes this one any different. What give this one any more significance? Because of the advent of the internet and the rise of conspiracy theories?

if you knew anything about the mayan civilazation, you may change your mind.

umm, there have been books written about it for centuries, the internet has little to nothing to do with it. most of the books on the internet about it are just copies of what was written hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

if you want all the answers, do the research, im not going to sit here and recite everything i read. why would i care whether you are ignorant on the subject?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you want all the answers, you should start researching mayans and their civilization. you would be astonished. that is if you really have that open mind you think you have.

Is this traditional accepted study of the mayans or do you have any books by stoners who believe in ufo's for me to read who claim that the man is hiding the truth? This seems a little to much like a x-files fan fiction for me.

Perhaps we should bring back human sacrifice to ward off the end of days. The mayans did it, so it must be right.

Is this traditional accepted study of the mayans or do you have any books by stoners who believe in ufo's for me to read who claim that the man is hiding the truth? This seems a little to much like a x-files fan fiction for me.

Perhaps we should bring back human sacrifice to ward off the end of days. The mayans did it, so it must be right.

yes.

they were written hundreds and hundreds of years ago. again, learning is great, you should try it sometime.

as for human sacrifice, lets do it! population control!

yes.

they were written hundreds and hundreds of years ago. again, learning is great, you should try it sometime.

the annunaki are going to need survivors to mine gold for them maybe. I say we get in shape and practice our mining skills so we can impress our alien overlords.

yes.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money I know more about any ancient civilization than you do. So please don't being up learning or ignorance up as a veil for you lack of evidence or proof of your arguments. "hundreds of years ago" Wow! really? age doesn't give something credibility. That just means it is old. A 200 year old pile or preserved ****. Is just that, a pile a ****. A false book with no base in reality written 200-300 years ago is still false. Also, since there seem to be so many books dealing specifically with the reasons why the mayans would be able to accurately predict the end of days. I'd like you to do me a favor and name me 5 of them. If you could provide the links of amazon, I'd be grateful.

the annunaki are going to need survivors to mine gold for them maybe. I say we get in shape and practice our mining skills so we can impress our alien overlords.

actually, im already in shape from mining trees. there are a few different theories on what will happen on that 'day' and i have no idea what will happen, however i honestly don't buy into the nibiru/alien theory too much. however, if that is what happens, i don't think they will need our help.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money I know more about any ancient civilization than you do. So please don't being up learning or ignorance up as a veil for you lack of evidence or proof of your arguments. "hundreds of years ago" Wow! really? age doesn't give something credibility. That just means it is old. A 200 year old pile or preserved ****. Is just that, a pile a ****. A false book with no base in reality written 200-300 years ago is still false. Also, since there seem to be so many books dealing specifically with the reasons why the mayans would be able to accurately predict the end of days. I'd like you to do me a favor and name me 5 of them. If you could provide the links of amazon, I'd be grateful.

you may know more, how am i supposed to know? but you sure as hell don't act like it. you act like an ignorant swamp ape.

i will try to remember to come on jetnation when i get home, however that is after my dekhockey game, etc, so im not positive i will remember. sorry, but i don't have the books in front of me. however, i will not provide a link to amazon, i have never used the website and don't plan on it anytime soon.

as for the age, i only mentioned that because some dumbass thought that the only books about such topics were written by stoners on the internet. i wonder who that dumbass was?

If it is such a sure thing, those who believe it please send me a post-dated (12-21-2012) check for all of the money in your bank accounts. I'll be on JetNation the day before so you can all make good on it.

Maybe if the word "doom" was written out as doooooooooooooom and said in a really spoooooky Vincent Price voice I might find it more convincing. But on paper written as-is, I just don't know.

In the meantime I'm going to party like I did when it was still 1999.

But just in case -- what time is it going to happen? Like 8 in the morning or mid-afternoon? Or is it pre-written in military time at like 21:12:21 or something like that. I need answers.

If it is such a sure thing, those who believe it please send me a post-dated (12-21-2012) check for all of the money in your bank accounts. I'll be on JetNation the day before so you can all make good on it.

Maybe if the word "doom" was written out as doooooooooooooom and said in a really spoooooky Vincent Price voice I might find it more convincing. But on paper written as-is, I just don't know.

In the meantime I'm going to party like I did when it was still 1999.

But just in case -- what time is it going to happen? Like 8 in the morning or mid-afternoon? Or is it pre-written in military time at like 21:12:12 or something like that. I need answers.

first of all, i already mentioned this if you are actually reading the posts, but 2012 isn't even the exact year. the calculations were not perfect and scientists have since refigured the cycles and it could be off by as much as a couple of years.

there are hundreds and thousands of celestial cycles, and they just all happen to coincide with eachother during this end of cycle.

as for getting checks, i wouldn't count on it. anyone who believes it is already starting to turn their money into precious metals.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT...2012 isn't known as the end of the world, its the end of human civilization as we know it. a change of conciousness for those beings that survive, human or other.

if you really want to see some freaky ****, check out all of the cycles and what happened throughout history in those eras...

you may know more, how am i supposed to know? but you sure as hell don't act like it. you act like an ignorant swamp ape.

i will try to remember to come on jetnation when i get home, however that is after my dekhockey game, etc, so im not positive i will remember. sorry, but i don't have the books in front of me.

as for the age, i only mentioned that because some dumbass thought that the only books about such topics were written by stoners on the internet. i wonder who that dumbass was?

Because I do not accept some conspiracy theory as face value and want some sort of evidence I am an ignorant swamp ape? You are the one attacking me rather than posting evidence. I know what your position is, you can post it over and over again. That does not give your position any more weight or value. You have not posted one shred of evidence to convince me to accept your position. I'm not going to respond to your insults to my intelligence with "yeah, you're right, I don't want to seem stupid, aliens are coming to kill us in 4 years." I never said where the stoners and conspiracy theorists wrote the books, I just said where you probably read it.

No Book about mayan civilizations or culture is going to be presented in a way that would make someone with an reasonable level of intelligence accept that they would be able to predict the end of the world or global changes in consciousness in the year 2012. If they were so adept at predicting the future why were they not able to see that they were on the road to ruin? With the over-population and the over-hunting that lead to their collapse.

Because I do not accept some conspiracy theory as face value and want some sort of evidence I am an ignorant swamp ape? You are the one attacking me rather than posting evidence. I know what your position is, you can post it over and over again. That does not give your position any more weight or value. You have not posted one shred of evidence to convince me to accept your position. I'm not going to respond to your insults to my intelligence with "yeah, you're right, I don't want to seem stupid, aliens are coming to kill us in 4 years." I never said where the stoners and conspiracy theorists wrote the books, I just said where you probably read it.

No Book about mayan civilizations or culture is going to be presented in a way that would make someone with an reasonable level of intelligence accept that they would be able to predict the end of the world or global changes in consciousness in the year 2012. If they were so adept at predicting the future why were they not able to see that they were on the road to ruin? With the over-population and the over-hunting that lead to their collapse.

why don't you put down your ignorance mask and actually read the books? i never said a single thing about aliens coming down. i don't believe 2012 has anything to do with aliens.

so, swamp ape, who taught you about the mayan collapse? sthey obviously had no idea what they were talking about.

as for doing your research for you, no thanks. i research all day long for work, the only way im doing it is for some cash. send me a pm if you are interested in paying me for a report :)

first of all, i already mentioned this if you are actually reading the posts, but 2012 isn't even the exact year. the calculations were not perfect and scientists have since refigured the cycles and it could be off by as much as a couple of years.

there are hundreds and thousands of celestial cycles, and they just all happen to coincide with eachother during this end of cycle.

as for getting checks, i wouldn't count on it. anyone who believes it is already starting to turn their money into precious metals.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT...2012 isn't known as the end of the world, its the end of human civilization as we know it. a change of conciousness for those beings that survive, human or other.

if you really want to see some freaky ****, check out all of the cycles and what happened throughout history in those eras...

Give me my money, bitch.

wait a minute, i was told that it was the "over-population and the over-hunting that lead to their collapse."

damnit, i don't know what to believe! hahaha :P

I'm not even going to bother with an intelligent response, I'll stoop to your level! look up the great mayan collapse! I can't believe you don't know about it! I can't believe you don't know that there is some debate surrounding it's causes, I can't believe you don't know that there are many different reasons as to why a civilization collapses. over-population and a dwindling food source is usually a prime factor something these diviners of the future should have been able to forsee.

ya i would listen to einsteins thoughts..

a guy i knew was a beleiver in the alien/monkey theory..

he said aliens came here millions of years ago and were horny and banged monkeys..

after time we all are basically the same,,lets say 60% alien, 40 % monkey..

but there are exceptions to the rule,,like einstein, who is maybe 85% alien and 15% monkey and therefore has superior brain power..

on the other hand , there are those that got stuck with 15% alien and 85% monkey,,,that explains the Joey Buttafucca's and Mike Tyson's of the world...

so did the aliens end up plagued with AIDS when they left? Hmm, maybe the aliens infected the monkeys with aids to begin with back then. AIDS could be an alien virus.

well, a few people think when the large hadron collider set to be turned on next month could very well destroy not just our planet but the entire universe, take a look. So either 2012 or next month, who knows!

I'm hoping that the large hardon collider created a strangelet. That has to be one ****ed up way to die.

Also, on topic. Can someone please explain to me how an ancient civilization would have been able to predict the ending of the world? Through what means would they have gained this revelation? Do you really believe that Quetzalcoatl is going to return? Do you think that 2012 is the second coming? Do you really think that all of these disasters would occur at one time? The chances of every natural disaster occurring at one time randomly is mathematically impossible. You believe that some weird planet is going to orbit on by and destroy the planet? How come it didn't destroy the planet last time it stopped by for a visit?

Nostradamus was a fraud and philosophers don't make predictions about end dates. I'm curious to see what Einstein said was going to happen at what time. I'm sure it is nothing like what you are characterizing his comments to be.

yeah, if those mayans were so f###in' smart, where are they now??

so did the aliens end up plagued with AIDS when they left? Hmm, maybe the aliens infected the monkeys with aids to begin with back then. AIDS could be an alien virus.

thats a pretty good point joe.. its really makes you wonder.. cuz if im not mistaking didnt AIDS start in africa and where can you find the biggest ape population.. ding ding ding africa

Well, another point of view here, my mac's calendar goes to 12/31/2037, so obviously Steve Jobs is letting us know that is when the world ends. And I don't know about any mayans being so damn smart, but Jobs invented the mac, the imac, the ipod, itunes, AND the iphone, let me see what the mayans created that equals ALL THAT!

quote=joebabyny;877050]Well, another point of view here, my mac's calendar goes to 12/31/2037, so obviously Steve Jobs is letting us know that is when the world ends. And I don't know about any mayans being so damn smart, but Jobs invented the mac, the imac, the ipod, itunes, AND the iphone, let me see what the mayans created that equals ALL THAT!

:cheers::D:D:D:cheers:[

I'm not even going to bother with an intelligent response, I'll stoop to your level! look up the great mayan collapse! I can't believe you don't know about it! I can't believe you don't know that there is some debate surrounding it's causes, I can't believe you don't know that there are many different reasons as to why a civilization collapses. over-population and a dwindling food source is usually a prime factor something these diviners of the future should have been able to forsee.

you? intelligent response? hahaha. you are right, you didn't come up with one :)

as for the causes of the collapse, why don't you ask the mayans? they are still here :)

aids doesn't affect most beings, why would you automatically think that the aliens would even be affected?

you? intelligent response? hahaha. you are right, you didn't come up with one :)

as for the causes of the collapse, why don't you ask the mayans? they are still here :)

see, now, that was the last insult and personal attack that I'm willing to take from you. You going to any games this year?

Archived