Bucs release Gradkowski, sign Stevens - PFT.com

BUCS DUMP BRUCE, BRING BACK STEVENS

Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2008, 6:48 p.m.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have pulled the plug on the Bruce Gradkowski experiment, cutting the 2006 sixth-round quarterback from Toledo.

The move leaves the Buccaneers with only 16 quaterbacks on the roster, give or take a few.

Gradkowski started 11 games as a rookie, after Chris Simms went down with a spleen injury. In 2007, however, Gradkowski made only four appearances. His career passer rating is 65.0.

Because he has less than four years of service, he must pass through waivers before becoming an unrestricted free agent.

More importantly (and more troublingly), the Bucs have re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens, a turd extraordinaire due primarily to his antics while at the University of Washington. Stevens was a first-round pick of the Seahawks in 2001, and he signed a one-year deal with Tampa in 2007.

In January, PFT Planet was up in arms regarding Stevens

I actually liked this guy when he was at the combine. He is aathletic and has good zip on the ball. In 06 at the combine he was one that impressed me behind Cutler,and Clemens. Sign him. After Chad gets booted next season we could use a nice young rotation of Clemens,Ainge,Gradkowski,and Ratliff.

I actually liked this guy when he was at the combine. He is aathletic and has good zip on the ball. In 06 at the combine he was one that impressed me behind Cutler,and Clemens. Sign him. After Chad gets booted next season we could use a nice young rotation of Clemens,Ainge,Gradkowski,and Ratliff.

I've never been in favor of a "rotation" in the QB position. It works at DT but QB's IMO need to develop a "feel" or rhythm during the course of a game.

I would not mind giving this guy a look..not like the Jets are loaded at qb or anything

Agreed. I'd be in favor of bringing in another Quarterback rather than a 72nd Running Back. I mean, Troll's lover boy can't even throw because of his poor pinky so we're running on Chad, Kellen and Brett Ratliff. I say bring in another vet with starting experience.

Agreed. I'd be in favor of bringing in another Quarterback rather than a 72nd Running Back. I mean, Troll's lover boy can't even throw because of his poor pinky so we're running on Chad, Kellen and Brett Ratliff. I say bring in another vet with starting experience.

I have no idea what the future will hold for Ainge in the NFL, but the guy did throw 31 TD's last year to a bunch of nobodies with that "poor pinky" left untreated.

Archived