Boulevard of Broken Songs

Mavrik

Found this as i was on collegehumor.com

DJ mixed both Oasis's "Wonderwall" and Green Days "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" together to make one song. Sounds pretty good but also flipping obvious how similar the music is, which makes you think whether Green Day ripped them off. I doubt it, but sound good nonetheless.

http://www.nauticaltech.com/~josh/greenoasis/

Haha, thats pretty good. Ive seen this done with that band Nickleback who's two singles sound exactly the same. The site had one song playing in one speaker and the other playing through the other one. You couldn't tell the difference.

BTW, whatever happened to Oasis?

Haha, thats pretty good. Ive seen this done with that band Nickleback who's two singles sound exactly the same. The site had one song playing in one speaker and the other playing through the other one. You couldn't tell the difference.

They've just decided to pick a fight with Manowar, over who the loudest band in the world are.

Sadly for the manc scum, they've found out that Manowar are in the Guinness Book of Records for it. :mrgreen:

They actually just came out with a new cd not too long ago. My buddy burned it for me but i haven't gotten around to listening to it.

Most of these "new" bands are corporate fraud. They put notes into a computer, and it spits out a formula that the record company thinks is gonna sell. They all use the same computer programs so...

From time to time, the computer is gonna spit out an identical melody/chord progression.

It's really sad how far rock and roll has sunk. There isn't much creativity left.

Bands like Green Day, Nickelback, Lincoln Park, Oasis, Coldplay...

It's corporate fraud. Period.

You want to listen to some "new" music with integrity, try Wilco, Radiohead, Porcupine Tree...

those guys actually compose pop music, and they really don't care what the corporate sponsors and their graphs say.

Most of these "new" bands are corporate fraud. They put notes into a computer, and it spits out a formula that the record company thinks is gonna sell. They all use the same computer programs so...

From time to time, the computer is gonna spit out an identical melody/chord progression.

It's really sad how far rock and roll has sunk. There isn't much creativity left.

Bands like Green Day, Nickelback, Lincoln Park, Oasis, Coldplay...

It's corporate fraud. Period.

You want to listen to some "new" music with integrity, try Wilco, Radiohead, Porcupine Tree...

those guys actually compose pop music, and they really don't care what the corporate sponsors and their graphs say.

Not for nothing, but Oasis is almost 15 years old.

I'll second you on Wilco and Radiohead. Can't forget Damien Rice.

Not for nothing, but Oasis is almost 15 years old.

Hence the "new".

Oasis is/was a horrible ripoff band. Great production, nice sound, but nothing original or anything to write home about.

Hey look, lots of band dip their bucket into somebody else's well. But there is a clear and discernable difference between copying and being influenced by.

Oasis just ripped people off. U2 is another ripoff band. I put them in the same category as Spandau Ballet, just better promotion. Both bands just lifted ideas off of Roxy Music and David Bowie.

Another guy that got away with Grand Theft Music:

David Byrne/Talking Heads.

Listen to Love is the drug by Roxy Music and then play anything from Talking Heads '77.

That DJ should mix that.

Hence the "new".

Oasis is/was a horrible ripoff band. Great production, nice sound, but nothing original or anything to write home about.

Hey look, lots of band dip their bucket into somebody else's well. But there is a clear and discernable difference between copying and being influenced by.

Oasis just ripped people off. U2 is another ripoff band. I put them in the same category as Spandau Ballet, just better promotion. Both bands just lifted ideas off of Roxy Music and David Bowie.

Another guy that got away with Grand Theft Music:

David Byrne/Talking Heads.

Listen to Love is the drug by Roxy Music and then play anything from Talking Heads '77.

That DJ should mix that.

Well, considering my age, I wouldn't consider Oasis new, by any means.

Then again, that Talking Heads record came out before I was born.

I agree Oasis isn't original. They use a proven money making system. Am - G - F... works every time. Same with U2... scratch that. U2 is the most overrated band of all time. Never has a band written such bland music and has gotten so much credit.

Besides all that, if I can help it, I'm more of a metal guy. Sure there's Metallica and Megadeth, but there's Slayer in there too. But, then again, there's Motorhead, who started that whole Speed Metal thing. And a million other awesome metal bands I haven't heard yet. I need to get back into that scene.

Pixies, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Archers of Loaf, The Cure, Built to Spill, Velvet Underground, Fugazi, Soundgarden, The Modern Lovers, The Wedding Present, The Stone Roses, Badly Drawn Boy, Radiohead (only up to OK Computer though), Suede (sometime called The London Suede), They Might Be Giants, Blithe, Nada Surf, Wilco, Depeche Mode, Dinosaur Jr., Primus, Soul Coughing, Talking Heads, to name a few great bands.

Pixies are the bomb! The reunited and are touring presently...try to catch them. Best band ever!

Pixies, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Archers of Loaf, The Cure, Built to Spill, Velvet Underground, Fugazi, Soundgarden, The Modern Lovers, The Wedding Present, The Stone Roses, Badly Drawn Boy, Radiohead (only up to OK Computer though), Suede (sometime called The London Suede), They Might Be Giants, Blithe, Nada Surf, Wilco, Depeche Mode, Dinosaur Jr., Primus, Soul Coughing, Talking Heads, to name a few great bands.

Pixies are the bomb! The reunited and are touring presently...try to catch them. Best band ever!

Favorite Pixies song..."Here comes your man"

DEPECHE ROCKS!!

LL

Other bands play, Manowar kill.

In the beginning there was silence and darkness

All across the earth

Then came the wind and a hole in the sky

Thunder and lightning came crashing down

Hit the earth and split the ground

Fire burned high in the sky

from down below fire melted the stone

The ground shook and started to pound