which do u prefer?

jetmant87

i guess id say college because im at penn state and its awesome, but i grew up w/ the nfl so its hard to commit on anything

WEIRDO! :biggrin: JK!! Nothings wrong with that. Lol

I guarantee you 90% of the people on this board will rather see the Jets play than anything, even when they lose.

grew up on long island, so college football meant nothing. Since they showed different teams every week, it was tough to try and follow a team.

Then went to college with a I-AA team. Still didnt care about college football.

And I still dont. I hate Saturdays in the fall. Dont want to watch college football, and no other sports are on.

I might start watching college football if they ever decide to hold a playoff and get rid of the silly BCS and polls. I will never support the current system, and my only way of protesting is not watching or caring.

grew up on long island, so college football meant nothing. Since they showed different teams every week, it was tough to try and follow a team.

Then went to college with a I-AA team. Still didnt care about college football.

And I still dont. I hate Saturdays in the fall. Dont want to watch college football, and no other sports are on.

I might start watching college football if they ever decide to hold a playoff and get rid of the silly BCS and polls.

yeah i can see where ur coming from. i guess it doest meen much when ur at such a small school..football wise that is

i guess i go w/ a friend once a season.. im going to the pats game week 2. ive only been to 3

yeah thats nuts its a small world. did u go to school in a-town or what?

Yeah I went to Dieruff actually. I go to Philly to visit my Grandma.

Easily watching the NFL.

I grew up in New Jersey, still am I guess you could say, and College Football has never meant much to me or anyone around me. Growing up, Rutgers was so bad, kids that didn't live in a 10 mile radius of the school didn't know Rutgers was New Jersey's College Football team. :rl:

I didn't really get into College Football until I was about 10 or 11 years old and I followed multiple teams. Only recently, I'd say the last four or five years, have I followed mainly Michigan and have called them my team.

Nothing will ever beat an NFL Sunday. The games arn't dragged on, more action, just I could go on and on. Everything about it is better. No annoying bands to boot!

You won't find many people, other than Southerners, who think the NCAA is better than the NFL.

Easily watching the NFL.

I grew up in New Jersey, still am I guess you could say, and College Football has never meant much to me or anyone around me. Growing up, Rutgers was so bad, kids that didn't live in a 10 mile radius of the school didn't know Rutgers was New Jersey's College Football team. :rl:

I didn't really get into College Football until I was about 10 or 11 years old and I followed multiple teams. Only recently, I'd say the last four or five years, have I followed mainly Michigan and have called them my team.

Nothing will ever beat an NFL Sunday. The games arn't dragged on, more action, just I could go on and on. Everything about it is better. No annoying bands to boot!

You won't find many people, other than Southerners, who think the NCAA is better than the NFL.

well till i came to psu i would have agreed w/ u. but the saturdays at penn state are nuts

well till i came to psu i would have agreed w/ u. but the saturdays at penn state are nuts

Been there, done that. One of my cousins graduated from there, one currently goes there as well as a friend. Went up for a Michigan game a few years ago and had a good time, but I can't stand the fact that players play 2-4 years and they are gone. I can't stand the annoying ass bands either. College is cool, but I just think the NFL is better. The crowd atmosphere might be a little more rowdier, but thats because its drunk college kids for at least 25-30% of the stadium. That tends to happen.

i know this will most likely be biased since this is an nfl teams message board but...

which do u prefer to watch nfl football on a sunday, or college football on a saturday?

NFL Sunday.

No disrespect to College Football but nothing comes close to the NFL.

I'm going to have to go with college football, the rivalries are more intense. Plus, the craziest **** happens in college football games, like the Stanford-Cal Play (the one with all the laterals and then the trombone player getting blasted), or the entire Boise State-Oklahoma game in 2007. Additionally, teams are more willing to experiment with defenses and offenses, so you get fun to watch teams like Hawaii or Texas Tech where they just throw the rock 50 times a game. I would also prefer a playoff system to determine a national champion, but every year there are tons of great bowl games (although what I really hate is that the names are changing to crap like the Tostitos-Fiesta Bowl or whatever). Another great thing about college football is that the teams aren't all of the same caliber. You might argue that the NFL is better because the teams all have the same shot at winning (its their own fault they screw up in the draft or free agency), but it is simply amazing when some I-AA team like Appalachia State beats the perennially good Michigan. I also remember a play (wish I could remember who it was), where the offense lined up and the coach starts yelling at the QB, the QB starts walking over to the sideline, yelling back the whole time. The defense stands up and looks around, some are laughing, others resting, and the center direct snaps it to the running back, he broke like a fifty yard run for a touchdown.

Sure, NFL players are better, and you can tell when you watch the games, but every team seems to play conservatively, they almost always go for the tie instead of the win (just kick the extra point, don't go for two), and almost never onside kick, fake punt or fake field goals. It isn't common in college football, but it happens more often. Basically, I just prefer the unpredictable nature of the college game, although I still love watching the Jets.

I'm going to have to go with college football, the rivalries are more intense. Plus, the craziest **** happens in college football games, like the Stanford-Cal Play (the one with all the laterals and then the trombone player getting blasted), or the entire Boise State-Oklahoma game in 2007. Additionally, teams are more willing to experiment with defenses and offenses, so you get fun to watch teams like Hawaii or Texas Tech where they just throw the rock 50 times a game. I would also prefer a playoff system to determine a national champion, but every year there are tons of great bowl games (although what I really hate is that the names are changing to crap like the Tostitos-Fiesta Bowl or whatever). Another great thing about college football is that the teams aren't all of the same caliber. You might argue that the NFL is better because the teams all have the same shot at winning (its their own fault they screw up in the draft or free agency), but it is simply amazing when some I-AA team like Appalachia State beats the perennially good Michigan. I also remember a play (wish I could remember who it was), where the offense lined up and the coach starts yelling at the QB, the QB starts walking over to the sideline, yelling back the whole time. The defense stands up and looks around, some are laughing, others resting, and the center direct snaps it to the running back, he broke like a fifty yard run for a touchdown.

Sure, NFL players are better, and you can tell when you watch the games, but every team seems to play conservatively, they almost always go for the tie instead of the win (just kick the extra point, don't go for two), and almost never onside kick, fake punt or fake field goals. It isn't common in college football, but it happens more often. Basically, I just prefer the unpredictable nature of the college game, although I still love watching the Jets.

:jawdrop:well said...u hit everything i believe lol

Archived