which do u prefer?

jetmant87

i guess id say college because im at penn state and its awesome, but i grew up w/ the nfl so its hard to commit on anything

WEIRDO! :biggrin: JK!! Nothings wrong with that. Lol

I guarantee you 90% of the people on this board will rather see the Jets play than anything, even when they lose.

yeah i figured...haha

:biggrin:

Pa ? What part ?

about an hour and a half 2 hrs from where u are

Oh geez, get a room already.

As much as I love the NFL NOTHING beats Tuscaloosa on game day. Totally crazy, rabid fans. There's something about watching college kids play football for the sheer love of the game. Nothing beats college football rivalrys either. IMO

not a big college fan, the different rules and the bowl system just kills it for me. There are way too many teams and conferences and divisions and **** and they are all basically arbitrary. The post season system is basically arbitrary as well. It's something I'd like to be able to get into more, but I can't. Maybe if they had a playoff and championship game.

not a big college fan, the different rules and the bowl system just kills it for me. There are way too many teams and conferences and divisions and **** and they are all basically arbitrary. The post season system is basically arbitrary as well. It's something I'd like to be able to get into more, but I can't. Maybe if they had a playoff and championship game.

Yep. That is the big thing that brings it down the most. The system is fraud, and you never know who the true champion is. Too many teams, too many ridiculous bowl games between 6-5 and 7-4 clubs as well.

Yep. That is the big thing that brings it down the most. The system is fraud, and you never know who the true champion is. Too many teams, too many ridiculous bowl games between 6-5 and 7-4 clubs as well.

True, there are too many bowls, but the overtime system in college is far better than the NFL. the drama is much more intense in college than the NFL. The atmosphere during college games is way better than the pros.

True, there are too many bowls, but the overtime system in college is far better than the NFL. the drama is much more intense in college than the NFL. The atmosphere during college games is way better than the pros.

The Overtime system is another thing I HATE about College Football. You've played the entire game one way and now you're going to play it another, starting on the 25 yard line? What the hell is that? If you want to do it so both teams get a possession and a chance to score, than do that but do it as if you were playing a regular game. Kick it off and take it from there. Drive the field like you would in regulation time. None of this 25 yard line, untimed BS. Screw that.

The atmosphere is better in NCAA in SOME stadiums, not most. Of course its going to be louder when a lot of the stadiums hold more people and have drunk college kids screaming at they don't know what is going on because half of them are geeky pocket protectors and sorry ladies of JN, drunk girls. The bands and their stupid little songs also make it seem louder.

Sorry but the NCAA holds nothing to the NFL, IMO. Coaches come and go, players are only there 2-4 years of actual playing on the field, there are too many teams, the good teams are always good (there is no damn parity) and the playoff system is a joke. You can never see a true winner unless one team and one team only goes undeffeated.

great points i agree with all of them. i just think the nfl overtime comes down to a coin toss basically. and its just so commercialized. althought the ncaa isnt much better.. valerooutback bowl..tostitos fiesta bowl..

The Overtime system is another thing I HATE about College Football. You've played the entire game one way and now you're going to play it another, starting on the 25 yard line? What the hell is that? If you want to do it so both teams get a possession and a chance to score, than do that but do it as if you were playing a regular game. Kick it off and take it from there. Drive the field like you would in regulation time. None of this 25 yard line, untimed BS. Screw that.

The atmosphere is better in NCAA in SOME stadiums, not most. Of course its going to be louder when a lot of the stadiums hold more people and have drunk college kids screaming at they don't know what is going on because half of them are geeky pocket protectors and sorry ladies of JN, drunk girls. The bands and their stupid little songs also make it seem louder.

Sorry but the NCAA holds nothing to the NFL, IMO. Coaches come and go, players are only there 2-4 years of actual playing on the field, there are too many teams, the good teams are always good (there is no damn parity) and the playoff system is a joke. You can never see a true winner unless one team and one team only goes undeffeated.

LOL, and you think all of the drunk the fans in the NFL know what's going on? Look, I'll give you that all of the sorority girls at the games don't know what's going on in college, but seeing all of those college girls at the game is quite an attraction. You may hate the overtime system in college, but I like it alot. It's alot more intense than the NFL. Besides, the NFL uses a coin flip to figure out who gets the ball :confused: the bands and the songs bring a great atmosphere. Yeah it's nothing like getting Michael Jackson to play at halftime, but hey it's still fun. Coaches come and go more often in the NFL, than college. Yeah, the bowl system is screwy, but it also makes for great debate. NFL players could care less about a rivalry with the dolphins and jets, but the college players care about those rivalries and they keep them their whole lives.

Defenitly NFL. I like watching the elite verison of the sport if that makes sense.

I do love CFB though, I've only been able to watch it for a year because I don't have any American TV channels and I only got NASN last year. There are some amazing games and moments in it though.

The sytem like others have said is pretty bad and does put me off it a little. 124 mentioned the overtime system and although it is bad, so is the NFL's.

I also don't follow a team in CFB, I look out more for the great players. The NFL is always going to better to me simply because I have a team to follow week in, week out.

I don't like the speed or talent level of the college game. Yeah, I'll watch Penn State if they're on, but I just prefer the pros. After the Jets are done playing, I'll watch any pro game that's on. I 'd rather go on a hike than watch saturday college football.

Archived