I've officially given up faith in Cashman

Matt39

Time to move on...

LaTroy Hawkins? Really?

This is just a mediocre ballclub thata should hover around .500 the entire season. The pitching for the most part stinks. The bullpen is a disaster and the hitting, as usual, is just unclutch in every way possible.

The team needs a complete mental makeover, starting at the top.

For this year to be a success, either Kennedy or Hughes or both (or someone else down the line of the bushes) beyond Joba had to emerge as a bona fide big-time pitcher. It still could happen. Someone-Ramirez, Ohlendorf, someone in the minors-has to step up, or Kennedy and Hughes have to come back and do the job.

The Joba to the rototation move had to be done, becaue Mo is singed through 2011 and looks right now unhittable. It really is a no brainer; he can only pitch 140 innings, having him by design pitch only 75 is not a good move.

The offense will get better with Posada's return. But what is scary-Cano is in the 1st year of a 4 year/$32 million deal. He looks totally lost at the plate. he should be the #2 or 3 hitter moving Damon and Jeter up the bases for the big boys, wroking the count, taking pitches. He instead looks totally overmatched and clueless. He's seeing at most a pith or 2 before weakly grounding out. I don't know if pitchers have figured him out, if it's a loss of confidence. he has no idea. But he has to get straightened out soon.

This season is far from over. But the relief corps and Cano have to improve, or it will be over very soon.

I've seen the Yankee's come back when they were "dead" several times in recent years, but no doubt, if you're a Yankee fan you've got to be a bit concerned. I hate to say it, but I know at some point they'll make that signature run, but the question is will it be enough this year. Boston may be wounded now, but will Tampa Bay ever fall off? What about Toronto, who gets a bit overlooked.

Regardless of what the Sox and Rays do, expect Toronto to stay right there all year long as well. They aren't a GREAT team, but they're good enough to hover at least a little bit over .500 all year IMO. As for Joba, I think he will be fine at some point (though I still would have kept him in the pen, but I'm no GM either).

Sort of random question for some of you Yankees fans--how is Brackman recovering from surgery?

I've honestly almost given up in this team, because it seems this team just doesn't care. You live someone like Veras, Hawkins, and so on in the majors, yet you live McCutchen, Cox, and Melancon down in the minors. This team is just lost, and will continue losing the games late until they get these 3 in the majors.

The bullpen is a steaming pile of crap. The lineup is a 2 headed beast. Sometimes shows up, other times is non existent. Cano has decided to steal money for the next 4 years. He is LOST at the plate. How many more times is he going to hit the first pitch into an out ??? The starting pitching is garbage too. Kennedy and Hughes suck ass. Kennedy is a young Ed Whitson. That piece of crap has no heart and no internal fortitude. Hughes has crapped his pants this year. Hopefully it was the injury. I see nothing on this team that points to a turn around.

cashman, Hank , Hal........ you all = FAIL

250 million dollars of dog crap.

Time to move on...

LaTroy Hawkins? Really?

This is just a mediocre ballclub thata should hover around .500 the entire season. The pitching for the most part stinks. The bullpen is a disaster and the hitting, as usual, is just unclutch in every way possible.

The team needs a complete mental makeover, starting at the top.

dont blame cashman,,u hhave the new uber turd,,hank baby at the helm,,he wil la huge headache,,mark my words

dont blame cashman,,u hhave the new uber turd,,hank baby at the helm,,he wil la huge headache,,mark my words

I'll translate.

Cashman doesn't have the control that most GM's have. The overbearing George, and his crazy spawn Hank, have hovered over him since he took the job.

I would never work in that kind of environment.

Yankee fans: If Cashman is fired who should take over?

I'll translate.

Cashman doesn't have the control that most GM's have. The overbearing George, and his crazy spawn Hank, have hovered over him since he took the job.

I would never work in that kind of environment.

Yankee fans: If Cashman is fired who should take over?

Damon Oppenheimer.

When you grade Cashman, you have to realize you are grading Cash, Geaorge, and Hank as one

Cash can't do anyting with George and Hank on his jock

Where is Stick Michaels in all of this

Stick got overruled by Cashman in the Johan trade.

Never go against the Stick.

Archived