So Jeter passed Mick on the all time Yankee hit list

Matt39

He's a Yankee legend IMO. Production has slipped past couple of years, but still a legend.

Ehh, to be fair he was completely robbed of the MVP in 2006. The Justin Morneau selection was a joke...even the most adamant Yankee haters would agree with that.

And yeah, Jeter will certainly be remembered as a Yankee legend and surprisingly, the first Yankee to get to 3,000 hits.

Remember though Matt, he's over-rated. :eek:

I love the Jeter haters. 90% of the time, clueless Mets fans. Hey Jose, nice career. Better yet, bring back Ray Ordonez. :rl:

Jeter has had one heck of a career so far and it isn't even close to being over.

I love the Jeter haters. 90% of the time, clueless Mets fans. Hey Jose, nice career. Better yet, bring back Ray Ordonez. :rl:

Jeter has had one heck of a career so far and it isn't even close to being over.

Agreed, also most Yankee fans have seen this guy come thru in the clutch in big games, can't say that about #13. Not a fan of him @ all.

Agreed, also most Yankee fans have seen this guy come thru in the clutch in big games, can't say that about #13. Not a fan of him @ all.

Alex has had his big moments(hell, the entire month of April last season)...he just needs that breaout series in the playoffs.

Watching him look completely lost at the plate in October against at best mediocre pitching certainly doesnt help his cause.

#13 will never be a true Yankee, NEVER, until he does something when it actually matters. A walkoff against Anaheim or Tampa Bay in April? Oh joy, thanks Alex, and then come September and October you'll have some nice 1 for 21 streaks. Waste of talent when the game is on the line. He's also the great stat complier. Hell, when we're down 9-3 or up 9-3, you can count on Alex to hit an 8th inning solo homerun. :eek:

Jeter has too many clutch hits that you can't possibly remember them all. Alex's you could count on a hand, possibly a finger.

Alex has had his big moments(hell, the entire month of April last season)...he just needs that breaout series in the playoffs.

Watching him look completely lost at the plate in October against at best mediocre pitching certainly doesnt help his cause.

You can just tell, he has the "deer in the headlights" look. I really can't stand him, I've said it from the very day we traded for him. We won't win with this guy, he has never had a meaningful @ bat in his whole career. I agree with you and 124, regular season means nothing....absolutely nothing, do it in the playoffs. Don't even get me started on class and sportsmanship.

Class and sportsmanship can never be in the sentence, possibly the same paragraph, as Alex Choke Rodriguez. He lost all respect from most MLB fans when he tried to slap the ball out of the Red Sox pitchers hand in 2004 like a little girl (Was it Timlin? I forget).

Class and sportsmanship can never be in the sentence, possibly the same paragraph, as Alex Choke Rodriguez. He lost all respect from most MLB fans when he tried to slap the ball out of the Red Sox pitchers hand in 2004 like a little girl (Was it Timlin? I forget).

I would never forget that, then he acts like he did nothing. What a P.O.S.

arod1-771330.jpg

I would never forget that, then he acts like he did nothing. What a P.O.S.

arod1-771330.jpg

yes Arod is a waste of money the only thing he brings to the club is press and thats not always a good thing.. The number 2 will be the next number to become a monument in left field.. he will be a hall of famer first ballot and every single true yankee fan will shed a tear when jeter retires.. -REALTALK-

#13 will never be a true Yankee, NEVER, until he does something when it actually matters. A walkoff against Anaheim or Tampa Bay in April? Oh joy, thanks Alex, and then come September and October you'll have some nice 1 for 21 streaks. Waste of talent when the game is on the line. He's also the great stat complier. Hell, when we're down 9-3 or up 9-3, you can count on Alex to hit an 8th inning solo homerun. :eek:

Jeter has too many clutch hits that you can't possibly remember them all. Alex's you could count on a hand, possibly a finger.[/quote]

If you ever do your homework you would find nothing could be further from the truth.

SI has written on it and I have posted bloggers who did in depth research. He's a very good player but the clutch stuff is a myth that you bought into listening to Buck and McCarver in your pajamas during the 96-00 run. Jete hits .300 in the post season just like he does during the regular season. However, his numbers in clutch and close and late situations are not good. Another case of we see what we want to see.

ARod is so superior a player it's not funny.

BTW: At the completion of Jeter's age 25 season he had 807 hits. Two months into his age 25 season Reyes has 787 hits so yes Reyes is on pace to have the nice career you wished him.

I remember Met fans in the 90's trying to tell me Rey Ordonez was better than Jeter and Red Sox fans trying to tell me Garciaparra was better.

Can't wait to hear from these guys when Jeter passes 3,000 hits about 4 years from now.

I remember Met fans in the 90's trying to tell me Rey Ordonez was better than Jeter and Red Sox fans trying to tell me Garciaparra was better.

Can't wait to hear from these guys when Jeter passes 3,000 hits about 4 years from now.

It's all about winning Championships Pete. :rl:

I don't think 4k or even close to that number is in the picture for either. I never dissed the fact that he is a .300 hitter who should reach 3,000 hits. I just disagree with the whole clutch thing when it comes to him. Hopefully this years mediocre start is not a sign of age starting to creep up on his talent.

It was Arroyo.

LOL he is hitting .276 through 58 games. This sounds like the guys telling me that Mo was done 4 years ago. I file it under wishful thinking.

At any rate Jeter is on pace for 3,000 hits when he is 36 years old. What happens beyond that is anyones guess. He should have more than 5 rings at that point. :) So maybe he goes out on top.

I think when Jeter is 39 he will be top 5 all time in hits. Pretty damn impressive.

Archived