Willie Randolph Fired at 3:11 AM

MagicBizkit87

i kno willie needed to be fire like i said.. its just my friends that are met fans they never admit that the players are doing bad and its all willie..

i think he will get a job somewhere soon jsut i dont kno if another job is gonna open up soon.

It's not all Willie's fault, its never all the manager or the coaches' fault when players underperform, but when that happens coaches/manager get fired. That's the nature of the business. Managers are hired to be fired. I like most Met fans think Willie's time has come and gone and personally I've never seen Willie do anything for me to have any confidence in him. I'm not going to cry about Willie losing his job. Yes, the way it was handled smells, but who really cares in 3 days. Now its up to the players to play otherwise Omar probably gets his at the end of the season.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
totally gutless and classless

Gutless? How is the move gutless?

Classless I can understand.

Randolph did not do anything to prevent this from happening, and his teams lacked an ability to pu teams away in games, series, and even last season.

Just because the manner in which this move evolved, does not change the fact that it needed to be made.

Whether it achieves the desired results, I have no clue. But they needed to do something, and this was the logical place to start.

Randolph did not do anything to prevent this from happening, and his teams lacked an ability to pu teams away in games, series, and even last season.

Just because the manner in which this move evolved, does not change the fact that it needed to be made.

Whether it achieves the desired results, I have no clue. But they needed to do something, and this was the logical place to start.

Ummmm, huh?

I agree that firing him was the right move.

Doing it at that time was gutless, classless, and downright stupid.

Think about why they did it at 3:11 AM and you'll really why it was a gutless move.

I think the GM that assembled the "Oldest Show On Earth" would have been the logical place to start personally.

The Mets handled this situation horribly all season.

If they were gonna fire Willie, they should have done so a month ago.

Now they do it in the poorest way imaginable, good for Willie, he is too good for this debacle of an organization and team.

I bet they get 10 times worse now that he's gone, they are old, hurt and don't play hard, their bullben is horrendous.

They stink, and it has nothing to do with Willie Randolph, what a disgrace, a classless ball club, Jeff now lies and says it was Omar, who just said on Friday he has confidence Willie is the man to will turn it around.

As if playing like a minor league team was not enough, now the front office acts like one, and the owner is full of sh*t.

Now they do it in the poorest way imaginable, good for Willie, he is too good for this debacle of an organization and team.

I bet they get 10 times worse now that he's gone, they are old, hurt and don't play hard, their bullben is horrendous.

They stink, and it has nothing to do with Willie Randolph.

Hopefully you're not a betting man/woman. If you think the Mets play worse than they have the rest of the year you're crazy. What does being 10 times worse mean? They're going win 6 of their next 50 games? That's approximately what 10 times worse would equate to? Again, its not all Willie's fault, but a change needed to be made. The process about making the change was not pretty, but the end result is the same. In 3 days no one would give a **** about Willie Randolph.

agreed

I bet they don't.

Hopefully you're not a betting man/woman. If you think the Mets play worse than they have the rest of the year you're crazy. What does being 10 times worse mean? They're going win 6 of their next 50 games? That's approximately what 10 times worse would equate to? Again, its not all Willie's fault, but a change needed to be made. The process about making the change was not pretty, but the end result is the same. In 3 days no one would give a **** about Willie Randolph.
I already don't give a sh*t and if you think the Mets do not look 10 times worse already for how the handled this with no balls and no class, then God bless you.

I do not see them getting any better, they are a .500 club in my opinion, and if they make the playoffs then it will be obvious that they are not the only minor leagu club in the National League.

They stink, and it has nothing to do with Willie Randolph, what a disgrace, a classless ball club, Jeff now lies and says it was Omar, who just said on Friday he has confidence Willie is the man to will turn it around.

As if playing like a minor league team was not enough, now the front office acts like one, and the owner is full of sh*t.

I already don't give a sh*t and if you think the Mets do not look 10 times worse already for how the handled this with no balls and no class, then God bless you.

I do not see them getting any better, they are a .500 club in my opinion, and if they make the playoffs then it will be obvious that they are not the only minor leagu club in the National League.

your posts contradict each other.

He didn't challenge how it makes them look. You said "I bet they get 10 times worse"

in the next post, you claim you don't see them getting any better.

Hello? Anyone home? You don't see the difference?

I think the GM that assembled the "Oldest Show On Earth" would have been the logical place to start personally.

He is next.

It is always easiest to fire the manager first, and in this case it was warranted.

This still does not make teh move "gutless" as one poster said. That is mildly stretching things.

Gutless is doing nothing in the face of fire.

You never said the will "look" 10 times worse. I agree they look terrible with the way it is handled. But in the grand scheme of things who cares. If they win, no one will care. If they lose, Omar is probably next. You said, the Mets will now "BE 10 times worse". I don't think that is possible. I think the Mets are as bad as they can be. I expect them to be better. Just like everyone in the organization expected the Mets to be better than this. When expectations are not met, managers get fired.

I never disagreed with you in regards to how the situation was handled. I'm just questioning on where you are getting your facts and making ludicrous statements.

He is next.

It is always easiest to fire the manager first, and in this case it was warranted.

This still does not make teh move "gutless" as one poster said. That is mildly stretching things.

Omar is not without fault in this, but I think the Wilpons actually like Omar. With that said, firing the GM in the middle of a season really does nothing to motivate a team.

He is next.

gutless is firing someone at 3 AM.

your posts contradict each other.

He didn't challenge how it makes them look. You said "I bet they get 10 times worse"

in the next post, you claim you don't see them getting any better.

Hello? Anyone home? You don't see the difference?

Yeah the the first one was a figure of speech, I do not see them getting any better, I think they will get worse.

Clear enough for you?

Yeah the the first one was a figyre of speech, I do not see them getting any better, I think they will get worse.

Clear enough for you?

no. Your posts make no sense whatsoever.

But if that's how you think, want to bet? The Mets won't "get 10 times worse."

He is next.

Right and sending him to California, then firing him by e-mail after he clears out the entire locke room is courageous.

You never said the will "look" 10 times worse. I agree they look terrible with the way it is handled. But in the grand scheme of things who cares. If they win, no one will care. If they lose, Omar is probably next. You said, the Mets will now "BE 10 times worse". I don't think that is possible. I think the Mets are as bad as they can be. I expect them to be better. Just like everyone in the organization expected the Mets to be better than this. When expectations are not met, managers get fired.

I never disagreed with you in regards to how the situation was handled. I'm just questioning on where you are getting your facts and making ludicrous statements.

So if they end the season the way they did last year, how many times worse is it?

Sorry, I don't gamble and regardless if they do not make the post season does it really matter.

Way to back up your opinion.

I think you already realize you're wrong, and now you're back-tracking.

Poor Willie. It's gonna be tough cashing those $100,000 dollar checks every two weeks.
I'm happy for Willie, but the way the Mets did this is a disgrace, and a poor reflection on the entire organization, feel free to close your eyes to it.

That does not change the fact, they acted like a sandlot club.

I'm happy for Willie, but the way the Mets did this is a disgrace, and a poor reflection on the entire organization, feel free to close your eyes to it.

That does not change the fact, they acted like a sandlot club.

I'm sure Willie will get over it alot quicker than you. :roll:

Who said that he was informed by e-mail of the firing?

The media was informed by e-mail.

No matter how they told willie doing it in Cally, at 3 in the morning after the entore club house empties is disgracefull.

I heard Willie found out via an e-mail, no matter who it was sent to or how he was notified it was bush league at best.

So if they end the season the way they did last year, how many times worse is it?

I don't know how many times worse. I am not into the making ridiculous statements business. If they don't make the playoffs this year. The season is a failure. Upper management said as much. The way the Mets have performed thus far is inexcusable for anyone that is associated with the franchise whether it be players, fans, management. The general consensus amongst fans and management is Willie has done a poor job and needed to go. I am glad he is gone and I think most Met fans are in agreement. I don't want to hear anyone cry about how he was fired. Who cares. He is getting his money. Approximately $3mil through 2009. Willie should be ecstatic about the way he was fired. He will at least now get some sympathy votes.

My only issue is, you're making inaccurate statements. Statements that make no sense to me or anyone else. If you think the Mets are worse off without Willie, that's your opinion. I don't think its possible. You made a statement that the Mets will be 10 times worse. I have no idea what that means. You haven't backed up your statement that Willie's a good manager in any way with any actual facts. I am still waiting for that.

I know everyone is killing the Mets as an organization about this deservedly so. How quickly we forget about how Torre was dismissed. That wasn't exactly the "classiest" situation. I don't give a **** about Torre either.

There was no easy way to do it. I'm sure there is a cancer in the locker room who needs to get the heave ho, as well.
They should have done it a month agoe, just because something is hard, does not mean it's ok to handle it like total sh*t, with no guts and no class.

Again I do not feel bad for Willie, I am happy for him, I feel bad for any body else in that organization, and the Mets fans, because their team is a joke.

Archived