Willie Randolph Fired at 3:11 AM

MagicBizkit87

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No matter how they told willie doing it in Cally, at 3 in the morning after the entore club house empties is disgracefull.

I heard Willie found out via an e-mail, no matter who it was sent to or how he was notified it was bush league at best.

Actually, California is 3 hours BEHIND the East Coast, he was informed at 12:11 local time, 3:11 East coast time.

They informed him at the hotel, which he went to after the game which ended at 10pm local time.

You are not very good on facts of this incident.

I don't know how many times worse. I am not into the making ridiculous statements business. If they don't make the playoffs this year. The season is a failure. Upper management said as much. The way the Mets have performed thus far is inexcusable for anyone that is associated with the franchise whether it be players, fans, management. The general consensus amongst fans and management is Willie has done a poor job and needed to go. I am glad he is gone and I think most Met fans are in agreement. I don't want to hear anyone cry about how he was fired. Who cares. He is getting his money. Approximately $3mil through 2009. Willie should be ecstatic about the way he was fired. He will at least now get some sympathy votes.

My only issue is, you're making inaccurate statements. Statements that make no sense to me or anyone else. If you think the Mets are worse off without Willie, that's your opinion. I don't think its possible. You made a statement that the Mets will be 10 times worse. I have no idea what that means. You haven't backed up your statement that Willie's a good manager in any way with any actual facts. I am still waiting for that.

I know everyone is killing the Mets as an organization about this deservedly so. How quickly we forget about how Torre was dismissed. That wasn't exactly the "classiest" situation. I don't give a **** about Torre either.

I said the same thing about the Yankees with Torre, I did not forget sh*t.

For someone who thinks 10 times worse is so ridiculous, you sure like to type it in all your posts.

I think the Mets will finish the same as they did last year, and in my opinion that will be 10 times worse.

I do not need to defend Willie, I already said I think the team stinks, and I don not think they will get any better no matter who manages.

They should have done it a month agoe, just because something is hard, does not mean it's ok to handle it like total sh*t, with no guts and no class.

Again I do not feel bad for Willie, I am happy for him, I feel bad for any body else in that organization, and the Mets fans, because their team is a joke.

I am glad we're all on the same page. We're all happy Willie is fired. Lets move on. The media will have a field day on this and I don't know what team you root for, but in the end who cares. If they win all will be forgotten. If they lose Omar will lose his credibility and get the ax.

PS. I am glad you're happy with Willie being fired as well.

I said the same thing about the Yankees with Torre, I did not forget sh*t.

For someone who thinks 10 times worse is so ridiculous, you sure like to type it in all your posts.

I think the Mets will finish the same as they did last year, and in my opinion that will be 10 times worse.

I do not need to defend Willie, I already said I think the team stinks, and I don not think they will get any better no matter who manages.

I keep mentioning "10 times worse" because I have yet to comprehend it. Please explain to me. If you say 10 times worse is the same as last year. What does that mean? That they did not improve? I am just curious, please enlighten me.

Would the Yankee franchise also be a "joke" in your opinion if you killed them last year as well? Just curious.

Actually, California is 3 hours BEHIND the East Coast, he was informed at 12:11 local time, 3:11 East coast time.

They informed him at the hotel, which he went to after the game which ended at 10pm local time.

You are not very good on facts of this incident.

Sure, spin, spin spin.

So what time was it when the "METS" fired him?

Who cares what time it was in Cally, the "METS" are a New York Team.

I said the "METS" fired him at 3 in the morning, get your facts straight.

REGARDLESS IT WAS A GUTLESS, CLASSLESS ACT, THEY LOOK LIKE A CLOWN SHOW.

Keep defending it, WHAT A JOKE!!!

As many know, I am a Willie basher. I never liked the hiring of him and felt he was mediocre at the job. He never handled the veterans the way he needed to, or supposedly learned from Joe Torre.

So, am I sad Willie Randolph was fired today?

No. It was the right move. It was the right move after last season's collapse. It was the right move when they went 1-6 on the road trip before memorial day.

Is Willie to blame for this mess? Only partly. Everyone shares in the blame.

The players didnt perform near their abilities, the front office didnt put together a team that could compete, and the coaching staff's message no longer was getting through to the players. Also Willie was a terrible in game manager.

How about the way he was fired:

Totally classless in my book. With that one move, Omar Minaya just punched his own ticket out of town. Omar had many opportunities to can Willie and passed on them.

This move smells. Why? Because I believe Omar was feeling the pressure from the Wilpons to fire Willie before the Wilpons fire Omar.

Also, Omar was afraid the Mets would go on a tear and start playing better, removing the reasons for Omar to fire Willie. The worst thing that could have happened for Omar was the Mets be close and miss the playoffs with Willie... then Omar would be out on the street and getting the blame, instead of Willie.

Also, I believe the Mets were waiting for another organization worse off to make a move before the canned Willie. With the firing of the GM in Seattle, it opened the door to other organizations making moves to save the season. Sounds silly, but isnt it odd that only a few hours after Bavasi gets canned in Seattle, Willie gets shown the door.

So, did the Mets make the right decision? Yes. Even though Willie isnt completely at fault for last year and this year, he had to go. For one reason: He is a mediocre manager and we had a good enough excuse to dismiss him.

I keep mentioning "10 times worse" because I have yet to comprehend it. Please explain to me. If you say 10 times worse is the same as last year. What does that mean? That they did not improve? I am just curious, please enlighten me.

Would the Yankee franchise also be a "joke" in your opinion if you killed them last year as well? Just curious.

WOW!!!

Ok I'll go slow for you...

I think the Mets will finish the same way they did last year. (Got that yet?)

In my opinion that would be 10 times worse than how they have played so far this season.

Again, I did not do any calculations, I'm anal, like you it was just a figure of speech.

Obviously you are fond of it as you won't let it go, but regardless, I do not see the Mets as very good or getting better.

I do not think the manager change will change anything, I think the team stinks, and I do not expect them to make the post season.

As for the Yankees, I have been calling almost all of their moves jokes starting with and including the Giambi deal.

BUT THE FACT REAMIANS THE YANKEES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR, FOR OVER A DECADE.

No other team does, and your Mets blew the biggest lead I ever saw last year, I guess they are the bigger joke.

Sure, spin, spin spin.

So what time was it when the "METS" fired him?

Who cares what time it was in Cally, the "METS" are a New York Team.

I said the "METS" fired him at 3 in the morning, get your facts straight.

REGARDLESS IT WAS A GUTLESS, CLASSLESS ACT, THEY LOOK LIKE A CLOWN SHOW.

Keep defending it, WHAT A JOKE!!!

I am not defending what teh Mets did, just pointing you in teh direction of the true facts, which you have been totally unable to have a grasp on.

you don't even know what your vitrol is geared towards and why. You keep changing teh tangent.

I guess you like to be mad, while being mad about incorrect subject matter.

good for you. I wish you health.

I do not see them getting any better, they are a .500 club in my opinion, and if they make the playoffs then it will be obvious that they are not the only minor league club in New York.

Hey, I fixed that for you.

WOW!!!

Ok I'll go slow for you...

I think the Mets will finish the same way they did last year. (Got that yet?)

In my opinion that would be 10 times worse than how they have played so far this season.

Again, I did not do any calculations, I'm anal, like you it was just a figure of speech.

Obviously you are fond of it as you won't let it go, but regardless, I do not see the Mets as very good or getting better.

I do not think the manager change will change anything, I think the team stinks, and I do not expect them to make the post season.

as for the Yankees, I have been calling almost all of their moves jokes starting with and including the giambi deal.

BUT THE FACT REAMIANS IS THE YANKEES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR, FOR OVER A DECADE.

No other team does, and your Mets blew the biggest lead I ever saw last year, I guess they are the bigger joke.

The Mets finished at 88-74 last season, one game out of first place. If they do that this year. It would be an improvement over the way they have performed this year. They had a terrible last month in 2007, and Willie should have been fired then. The fact of the matter is this team has underachieved and I don't think anyone can debate that. If you don't realize the Mets have the same roster as last year+ Santana. They should not be a team that is toiling in mediocrity. You're clearly so blinded by your dislike for the Mets that you refuse to see that.

The Mets finished at 88-74 last season, one game out of first place. If they do that this year. It would be an improvement over the way they have performed this year. They had a terrible last month in 2007, and Willie should have been fired then. The fact of the matter is this team has underachieved and I don't think anyone can debate that. If you don't realize the Mets have the same roster as last year+ Santana. They should not be a team that is toiling in mediocrity. You're clearly so blinded by your dislike for the Mets that you refuse to see that.
I did not think they were that good last season either.

I thought the collapse and this season showed their true colors, and if the were in the American they would have been dead and burried way before the last month of the season.

I guess I was not clear enough for you, I did not mean they would finish with the same W/L record they had last year.

I meant they would play the rest of this year similar to how they played the end of last season.

I guess I just did not care enought to make it clear for the anal.

No problem with me, I am down on the Yankees too, but again they usually make the playoffs, not have monumental collapses.

If the Yankees are minor league, that surely the Mets are liitle league. ;)

I guess losing a 3 to 0 lead is not a monumental collapse in the playoffs-especially to the hated Red Sox

I did not think they were that good last season either.

I thought the collapse and this season showed their true colors, and if the were in the American they would have been dead and burried way before the last month of the season.

I guess I was not clear enough for you, I did not mean they would finish with the same W/L record they had last year.

I meant they would play the rest of this year similar to how they played the end of last season.

I guess I just did not care enought to make it clear for the anal.

I understand now. You play 6 months out of the season. Disregard 5 months and just look at one in which the Mets played as bad as possible. That would be the true Mets. That would mean Reyes will be a career .160 hitter or something like that. Santana will all of a sudden turn to the Tom Glavine of September. The Mets playing well for 5 months is all because silly Willie was doing a tremendous job, and the September swoon was the actual team.

Sounds extremely reasonable. In case you didn't realize I am being sarcastic. You're making no sense in any of your topics. You continually change your agenda. I am not anal, I am merely mocking your silly statements that no one else seem to understand.

I am not defending what teh Mets did, just pointing you in teh direction of the true facts, which you have been totally unable to have a grasp on.

you don't even know what your vitrol is geared towards and why. You keep changing teh tangent.

I guess you like to be mad, while being mad about incorrect subject matter.

good for you. I wish you health.

What teh tangent?

Right I'm ignoring the facts and changing the argument, and what do you call your spin?

But but it was only 12:11 in Cally...

Weak, I said the Mets fired him at 3 in the morning and for everybody here on the east coast they did.

I understand now. You play 6 months out of the season. Disregard 5 months and just look at one in which the Mets played as bad as possible. That would be the true Mets. That would mean Reyes will be a career .160 hitter or something like that. Santana will all of a sudden turn to the Tom Glavine of September. The Mets playing well for 5 months is all because silly Willie was doing a tremendous job, and the September swoon was the actual team.

Sounds extremely reasonable. In case you didn't realize I am being sarcastic. You're making no sense in any of your topics. You continually change your agenda. I am not anal, I am merely mocking your silly statements that no one else seem to understand.

Right, and how have they played so far this season?

I guess losing a 3 to 0 lead is not a monumental collapse in the playoffs-especially to the hated Red Sox
It certainly was, I make no excuses for them.

They still have returned to the post season every year after and how many before were linked to championships?

The Mets, not so well.

What teh tangent?

Right I'm ignoring the facts and changin the argument, and what do you call your spin?

But but it was only 12:11 in Cally...

Weak, I said the Mets fired him at 3 in the morning and for everybody here on the east coast they did.

YOU said he was fired by e-mail.

If Willie Randolph eats a sandwhich in Anaheim at 3pm, is it considered lunch or dinner in NY?

Do you really read anything you type? I hope not.

Would rush hour in Anaheim be 8pm, because that equates to 5pm, in NY, where we live?

That is the type of logic you are making.

When I meet clients on the West Coast, and they tell me to meet them at Noon, i dont show up at 3pm, because that is NY time.

No reasonable thinking person thinks that way.

The world does not revolve around you, and the time zone YOU are in. Thankfully.

They have been playing at about a .500 clip which is unacceptable, hence Willie has been fired. So where are we again? Haven't we established that already?
Well you were the one who said I was basing my opinions today on one month last season, not the case.

I really do not care enough about any of this, so feel free to butcher the facts, but If the Mets start to play the way they did the last mont of last season,

I would consider that 10 times worse than how they played this season thus far.

Whether that is OK with you or not, I don't care, and I do not see them getting any better because Willie is gone.

If Willie Randolph eats a sandwhich in Anaheim at 3pm, is it considered lunch or dinner in NY?

Would rush hour in Anaheim be 8pm, because that equates to 5pm, in NY, where we live?

When I meet clients on the West Coast, and they tell me to meet them at Noon, i dont show up at 3pm, because that is NY time.

The world does not revolve around you, and the time zone YOU are in. Thankfully.

Perhaps firing silly Willie during last night's game, say perhaps the 2nd inning would be more fan friendly for us here in the east coast.

I could care less about other time zones in this instance, what time was it where the e-mail orginated from?

No matter how they told Willie, it was piss poor, and notifying the press at 3 in the morning is gutless.

I'm glad you see it worthy to spin the time zones for such a cowardly act.

For the record, I actually like the Mets, it's their fans for the most part that I can't stand.

Sorry I do not care enough about this to type both time zones in my posts.

Maybe you should get on the media for broadcasting that Willie was notified by e-mail at 3 in the morning as they totally rip the classes less act.

Well you were the one who said I was basing my opinions today on one month last season, not the case.

I really do not care enough about any of this, so feel free to butcher the facts, but If the Mets start to play the way they did the last mont of last season,

I would consider that 10 times worse than how they played this season thus far.

Whether that is OK with you or not, I don't care, and I do not see them getting any better because Willie is gone.

You stated that the real Mets were the one that showed up during last September. I backed that up by giving your certain player statistics and such. You've not given me or anyone else any facts to back up your argument. So here's the question.

Which is it? The mets are the team that went 7-17 down the stretch or the team that is playing over their heads at .500 because Willie is the manager? Or the team that is playing insanely above their ability for 5 months because of Willie?

It's gotten to the point where you're just twisting things around and making statements without any basis and we're going round and round in circles. I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me as long as there's some proof behind it. Time to get to work. Good luck to you.

Other ways the Mets could have fired Willie

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/

The Sports Hernia Blog

In case you didn't know yet, the Mets wacked Willie Randolph at 3am last night following the team's victory over the Los Angeles Angels. Seeing that they took such a classless route in letting him and the majority of his staff go, we thought we'd throw in a few ways the organization could have gone about this move a bit classier.

1. Hit Willie over the head with a steel chair while he makes a pitching change; then spray paint “F-I-R-E-D” on his back.
  2. Dress up a team of fake Mets to fly with him on a decoy plane to Afghanistan while the real Mets fly to Los Angeles to play the Angels.
  3. Release video of Willie playing army with Dark Helmet.
  4. Drive him to the woods so Silvio can chase him down and shoot him in the back.
  5. Slowly tweeze his mustache one hair at a time until he offers his resignation.
  6. Make him wear a Rusty Staub wig and bench coach Jerry Manuel's glasses until the humiliation is just too much to handle.
  7. Put him in the trunk of a car and take him to the Pine Barrens, then accidentally let him escape, never to be heard from again.
  8. Mic him up to the PA system for all home games and force him to explain each pitching change and lineup move until someone at Shea jumps from the stands and takes him out themselves.
  9. Fax him a pink slip while on vacation.
  10. Force him to run from the Indiana Jones boulder until it eventually squashes him like a pancake.
  11. Put him on the dais of a Roast and then at the end have Carrot Top act out his firing with a flare gun and a large plastic whale.
  12. Throw a cooler of water on his back as if they're celebrating something great; then tell him he's fired.
  13. Tell him that he's either fired or has to watch Temple of Doom and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in a row.
  14. Have Dog the Bounty Hunter and his crew take Willie from the dugout mid-game.
  15. Make him and Rick Peterson hit each other with giant Itchy & Scratchy hammers until they're both out of commission.
  16. IM him a crying emoticon and type "TTYL".
  17. Have the Undertaker run him over with his suped up hearse.

willie_randolph_fired_2.png

Perhaps firing silly Willie during last night's game, say perhaps the 2nd inning would be more fan friendly for us here in the east coast.
Why do it on the road in Cally after the game ends to begin with.

Show some balls, and fire him before the trip, makes them look like a circus act if you ask me.

Might as well did it in the 2nd inning, it would not make them look any worse.

For the record, I actually like the Mets, it's their fans for the most part that I can't stand.

why? Because we're not pompous asses who dont know anything about baseball outside of the yankees?

why? Because most are jealous of the Yankees because they have been successful?

why? Because we look queer in orange and blue?

why? Because many of us drool and make inaudible noises?

:)

You stated that the real Mets were the one that showed up during last September. I backed that up by giving your certain player statistics and such. You've not given me or anyone else any facts to back up your argument. So here's the question.

Which is it? The mets are the team that went 7-17 down the stretch or the team that is playing over their heads at .500 because Willie is the manager? Or the team that is playing insanely above their ability for 5 months because of Willie?

It's gotten to the point where you're just twisting things around and making statements without any basis and we're going round and round in circles. I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me as long as there's some proof behind it. Time to get to work. Good luck to you.

Not my fault you can't comprhend and get caught up on a figure of speech.

Regardless of who is managing, I feel the Mets are no better than they have played all year, and I think they will get worse through the summer.

I said I felt they over achieved and the collapse proved it, they were not winners.

If the rest of their league was better they would have been burried way before the last month.

In the American League, they would not have even had a lead to lose, and they would have blewn the one they did have allot quicker.

All this was made clear from go, but if you would like to point out I said 10 times worse and go back in circles have fun.

Sorry I do not care enough to look up and post stats, I'll leave it at this, they were not a playoff team last year, and I do not see them as one this year either.

why? Because we're not pompous asses who dont know anything about baseball outside of the yankees?

why? Because most are jealous of the Yankees because they have been successful?

why? Because we look queer in orange and blue?

why? Because many of us drool and make inaudible noises?

:)

Well I actually like you, but I will say I do not like all fans of my own teams either.

I don't know what it is exactly, many of them remind me of Dolphin fans. :P

(You know how they are right?)

I give you guys credit, and you are not as bad as guys who root for teams all over the continent, when they never lived in any of those cities to begin with.

I'd say those fans are the worst, just by principle.

Not my fault you can't comprhend and get caught up on a figure of speech.

Regardless of who is managing, I feel the Mets are no better than they have played all year, and I think they will get worse through the summer.

I said I felt they over achieved and the collapse proved it, they were not winners.

If the rest of their league was better they would have been burried way before the last month.

In the American League, they would not have even had a lead to lose, and they would have blewn the one they did have allot quicker.

All this was made clear from go, but if you would like to point out I said 10 times worse and go back in circles have fun.

Sorry I do not care enough to look up and post stats, I'll leave it at this, they were not a playoff team last year, and I do not see them as one this year either.

Statistics are facts. Fact is the the Mets were one of the best teams in the league for 5 months. Fact: the Mets were one of the worst team in September. I'll take 5 months worth over 1 month. Statistics are facts. Without facts, you are talking out of your ass which you're actually pretty good at. I'll give you credit for that. You continue to say that Mets without silly Willy will be worse than they already are this year. I am pretty confident you'll be proven wrong. The more important thing is, what are you basing this on. Was Willie not the manager last September. I might have forgotten, please let me know who was the interim manager last September after Willie took the Mets to a 7, 8 game lead with a month to go.

Statistics are facts. Fact is the the Mets were one of the best teams in the league for 5 months. Fact: the Mets were one of the worst team in September. I'll take 5 months worth over 1 month. Statistics are facts. Without facts, you are talking out of your ass which you're actually pretty good at. I'll give you credit for that. You continue to say that Mets without silly Willy will be worse than they already are this year. I am pretty confident you'll be proven wrong. The more important thing is, what are you basing this on. Was Willie not the manager last September. I might have forgotten, please let me know who was the interim manager last September after Willie took the Mets to a 7, 8 game lead with a month to go.
FACT: They were not a playoff team last year, and so far not this year either.

Those are facts that can not be twisted, STATS do not tell the whole story and can be used to make things look better than they are.

Who cares that they were good 5 months and bad 1, the bottom line is they failed to make the post season.

The stats say they were good for 5 and bad for 1, so they should have made the playoffs, but they did not!

I think they will get worse because I have no faith in them, regardless of who is the Manager.

I think they have the talent to get hot and go on a run, but I just don't think they will.

Now you want to get hung up on Willie...

I did not say I gave him credit when they were hot last season, and I did not blame him totally for the lows either.

I did not agree with all of Willie's moves, I never said he was a great manager.

I said I do not have faith in this team getting better, no matter who the manager is, and I made that clear sevral times.

Call it what you want, I stated my opinion you say I talk out of my ass, I really do not care how you see it.

If they were going to fire Willie they should have last month, and the way they did it was disgraceful.

Willie never had a shot, they did not want him from day 1, the did not let him pick his own staff, they fired the only guy he wanted.

They paid him nothing to start and it was like pulling teeth to get him a new contract, they did not want him to begin with, and now they have to pay him to be gone.

FUNNY!!!

Archived