RIP 2007-2008 LA Lakers

Ghost

People tend to forget that we're a pretty young team and that we're missing a our Top 5 center. No excuses tho, the better team won.

This will only make us better tho, we have a championchip team now and we will win it next year. Andrew Bynum has plenty of time to get healthy and better now.

A lot of bangwagon fans out there but a few. Don't let anyone fool you. The Lakers will be back, they never go away.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People tend to forget that we're a pretty young team and that we're missing a our Top 5 center. No excuses tho, the better team won.

This will only make us better tho, we have a championchip team now and we will win it next year. Andrew Bynum has plenty of time to get healthy and better now.

A lot of bangwagon fans out there but a few. Don't let anyone fool you. The Lakers will be back, they never go away.

Wow, you are seriously overrating Bynum, he had like one good month in his career and he's top 5? I agree Lakers will be back, they are young but they need to get some balls and get tougher.

Wow, you are seriously overrating Bynum, he had like one good month in his career and he's top 5? I agree Lakers will be back, they are young but they need to get some balls and get tougher.

Think about it tho, there aren't really good centers out there anymore.

1. Howard

2. Yao

3. Bynum

You're right about Bynum and the Lakers. Bynum gives the Lakers 10 boards and 3-4 blocks a game in the playoffs. No doubt they missed him.

Lakers will be back in next year's final, unless the Spurs or Hornets manage to get Ron Artest.

You're right about Bynum and the Lakers. Bynum gives the Lakers 10 boards and 3-4 blocks a game in the playoffs. No doubt they missed him.

Lakers will be back in next year's final, unless the Spurs or Hornets manage to get Ron Artest.

Is he going to opt out?

Paul Pierce > Kobe

Sorry Ghost, the Celtics are much better than the Lakers.

for someone who replies to EVERY post i make within 5 seconds you seem to be slow for this one...kiss my ass

before I stop reading your posts I just want to let you know that suicide isn't such a bad idea

ignore time for jcb

Paul Pierce > Kobe

Sorry Ghost, the Celtics are much better than the Lakers.

No need to say sorry bro, I said it myself. I just think you had a little more champaign by saying Pierce is better than Kobe.

I forgot your a Orlando fan. Lol

I can't imagine how good he'll be in about two years.

Yeah, the Orlando Magic have always been the first team I ever loved. Just remembering the days of Nick Anderson, Penny Hardaway, and Shaq are awesome.

Dwight Howard, if he improves his free throw percentage to about 70%, he'll be a top 3 pick in fantasy drafts year in and year out, probably behind Lebron, and Kobe of course. Dwight also has probably the best teacher you can have. Patrick Ewing is an assistant coach, so yeah, if he listens to Ewing, who knows how good he can be.

MJ never faced defense like he did in this series. Kobe had 4 guys in his face every time he drove and 2 on him when he shot. Pierce was playin 1 on 1 most of the game. There is no way you can compare Pierce to Kobe. Thats like saying D-Rob is a beast in the 3-4.

MJ never faced defense like he did in this series. Kobe had 4 guys in his face every time he drove and 2 on him when he shot. Pierce was playin 1 on 1 most of the game. There is no way you can compare Pierce to Kobe. Thats like saying D-Rob is a beast in the 3-4.

MJ had to play against all types of defense, are you kidding me? Det in the early years put a beating on MJ, Knicks also. Also most of the time they played Kobe 1 on 1 they only collapsed on him when he drove to the basket, thats just good defense. He'll have to master that if he wants to be "the man"

Think about it tho, there aren't really good centers out there anymore.

1. Howard

2. Yao

3. Bynum

Camby is better than Bynum. Okafur, Bosh, Chandler. Bynum is still young, but he hasn't proved anything IMO.

The guys I mentioned are listed as C/F.

What? Did you not watch an NBA game between since Shaq left and now? The Lakers were nowhere. At best were lower seeds losing in the 1st or 2nd round.

What? Did you not watch an NBA game between since Shaq left and now? The Lakers were nowhere. At best were lower seeds losing in the 1st or 2nd round.

Even last year when the Lakers got knocked out in round 1 Ghost was here. He's a real Laker fan, year after year.

No need to say sorry bro, I said it myself. I just think you had a little more champaign by saying Pierce is better than Kobe.

Celtics/ Lakers Series:

Kobe: 53-131 .405 shooting pct. 9-28 .321 from 3pt., 39-49 ft .796 ft pct, 4.7 rebounds, 25.7 ppg

Pierce:38-88 .432, 11-28 .393, 44-53 .830 ft pct, 4.5 rebounds, 21.8 ppg

Celtics/ Lakers Series:

Kobe: 53-131 .405 shooting pct. 9-28 .321 from 3pt., 39-49 ft .796 ft pct, 4.7 rebounds, 25.7 ppg

Pierce:38-88 .432, 11-28 .393, 44-53 .830 ft pct, 4.5 rebounds, 21.8 ppg

Don't forget the defense Pierce applied on Ho-be. He didn't back down and played him real physical.

Archived