RIP 2007-2008 LA Lakers

Ghost

MJ had to play against all types of defense, are you kidding me? Det in the early years put a beating on MJ, Knicks also. Also most of the time they played Kobe 1 on 1 they only collapsed on him when he drove to the basket, thats just good defense. He'll have to master that if he wants to be "the man"
mj sucks ****

he aint nothin wit out scottie

scottie won those rings

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the Orlando Magic have always been the first team I ever loved. Just remembering the days of Nick Anderson, Penny Hardaway, and Shaq are awesome.

Dwight Howard, if he improves his free throw percentage to about 70%, he'll be a top 3 pick in fantasy drafts year in and year out, probably behind Lebron, and Kobe of course. Dwight also has probably the best teacher you can have. Patrick Ewing is an assistant coach, so yeah, if he listens to Ewing, who knows how good he can be.

Andrew Bynum def has the best teacher. Lol

What? Did you not watch an NBA game between since Shaq left and now? The Lakers were nowhere. At best were lower seeds losing in the 1st or 2nd round.

Alright, so that means we have to trade Gasol, release Fisher and make Odom trade bait? Your not saying anything. All of those guys will be back, we're going to be better. What you said just made absolutely no sense.

Celtics/ Lakers Series:

Kobe: 53-131 .405 shooting pct. 9-28 .321 from 3pt., 39-49 ft .796 ft pct, 4.7 rebounds, 25.7 ppg

Pierce:38-88 .432, 11-28 .393, 44-53 .830 ft pct, 4.5 rebounds, 21.8 ppg

Your not understanding me. PP has the better series but he's no where near as good of a player Kobe is.

Camby is better than Bynum. Okafur, Bosh, Chandler. Bynum is still young, but he hasn't proved anything IMO.

The guys I mentioned are listed as C/F.

Camby? Okafur? Bosh? :rl::rl::rl::rl:

Unbelievable. I hope your kidding. On the other hand, Chandler is debatable.

But Okafur??? :bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll:

Camby? Okafur? Bosh? :rl::rl::rl::rl:

Unbelievable. I hope your kidding. On the other hand, Chandler is debatable.

But Okafur??? :bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll:

Numbers don't lie, Okafur had more than just a month to show what he can do. With no help what so ever. Camby has lead the league in blocks, and has 20+ rebounding games. Bosh is nasty, soft, but nasty. I really hope you're kidding.....Bynum career highlights come against bad competition.

I'd like to start by saying that the finals was pretty much the only basketball I watched this season. Maybe a playoff game here and there but that's about it. I had heard so much about Gasol and this was the first time I actually watched him play. I wasn't impressed at all. Dude is soft as a marshmallow. The only time he looked dominant was last night when he had some dude who looked to be about 5'6" 300 lbs. guarding him. The difference I saw between Pierce and Kobe last night was Kobe was trying to do everything himself while Pierce was doing everything he could to get his teammates involved early in the game. Not saying that Pierce is a better player but he most definately is a better team player that makes all of his teammates better.

I'd like to start by saying that the finals was pretty much the only basketball I watched this season. Maybe a playoff game here and there but that's about it. I had heard so much about Gasol and this was the first time I actually watched him play. I wasn't impressed at all. Dude is soft as a marshmallow. The only time he looked dominant was last night when he had some dude who looked to be about 5'6" 300 lbs. guarding him. The difference I saw between Pierce and Kobe last night was Kobe was trying to do everything himself while Pierce was doing everything he could to get his teammates involved early in the game. Not saying that Pierce is a better player but he most definately is a better team player that makes all of his teammates better.
haters like u is funny

look what passin tha ball did fo kobe this series

them dudes sucks ass

trade sahash

trade lamar

haters like u is funny

look what passin tha ball did fo kobe this series

them dudes sucks ass

trade sahash

trade lamar

Trade Kobe while you're at it then. He threw more bricks last night than anyone else on the Lakers.

mj sucks ****

he aint nothin wit out scottie

scottie won those rings

No great player EVER won anything without at least one very good complementary player. Pippen was good, he was no Larry Bird. And MJ won six rings without a big time center. How many has Kobe won without one?

Numbers don't lie, Okafur had more than just a month to show what he can do. With no help what so ever. Camby has lead the league in blocks, and has 20+ rebounding games. Bosh is nasty, soft, but nasty. I really hope you're kidding.....Bynum career highlights come against bad competition.

Okafur is a bust right about now.

Camby is a defensive player only.

Bosh plays mostly the 4 but he's not bad even when he plays the 5.

What people forget about is Andrew Bynum is 20 years old with 3 years experience. All of those 3 centers you named don't have half the experience Bynum does, including Chandler.

No great player EVER won anything without at least one very good complementary player. Pippen was good, he was no Larry Bird. And MJ won six rings without a big time center. How many has Kobe won without one?

Hold on a second. Did you just say that Bill Cartwright, Will Perdue and Luc Longley weren't big time centers? :lol:

What people forget about is Andrew Bynum is 20 years old with 3 years experience. All of those 3 centers you named don't have half the experience Bynum does, including Chandler.

OMG could you imagine if the Magic took Okafor over Howard. That would have set Orlando back another 5 years or so, and they'd still be a lottery team every season.

OMG could you imagine if the Magic took Okafor over Howard. That would have set Orlando back another 5 years or so, and they'd still be a lottery team every season.

Thats what I mean. Howard makes Okafur look like a complete bust. I won't even put him in my Top 10.

The experience Bynum has? Are you serious? These guys played college, Okafur was never drafted to be a scorer...Camby puts up double double all the time. I know you have a bias, so to agree to disagree is fine.

The experience Bynum has? Are you serious? These guys played college, Okafur was never drafted to be a scorer...Camby puts up double double all the time. I know you have a bias, so to agree to disagree is fine.

I think it'll help that I have no bias, but Okafor sucks, he's an okay defensive player, probably more suitable to be a 4 instead of a 5. Camby is there just for defense as well, when ever you put him against another 5 like Howard, or Yao those 2 just make him look bad. Bynum however has the potential to just be great, able to get the job done on both sides of the ball.

College experience? I don't think you understand the total difference between the two.

I rather have a player with NBA experience than college.

College experience? I don't think you understand the total difference between the two.

I rather have a player with NBA experience than college.

Still don't get it huh....How did Bynum have more experience with these vets and he's only been in the league for 3 years? He barely played until this year, and he got hurt? Those guys I mention started from the moment they were drafted....bottom line Bynum isn't a top 3 center in the league. Honestly I'll take Perkins over him right now.

Still don't get it huh....How did Bynum have more experience with these vets and he's only been in the league for 3 years? He barely played until this year, and he got hurt? Those guys I mention started from the moment they were drafted....bottom line Bynum isn't a top 3 center in the league. Honestly I'll take Perkins over him right now.

If you would seriously take Perkins over Bynum, I would probably die in laughter.

I think it'll help that I have no bias, but Okafor sucks, he's an okay defensive player, probably more suitable to be a 4 instead of a 5. Camby is there just for defense as well, when ever you put him against another 5 like Howard, or Yao those 2 just make him look bad. Bynum however has the potential to just be great, able to get the job done on both sides of the ball.

You said it right, *potential* thats a big keyword for high school guys. Okafur wasn't brought in to be a scorer or the "main guy". All i'm saying that Bynum isn't top 3 in the league...If you put Bynum on guys like Amarie, Duncan, Howard or Yao they'll make him look bad also.

If you would seriously take Perkins over Bynum, I would probably die in laughter.

Did you see Perkins play this season? playoffs? Not the Finals, the whole playoffs? He can defend rebound and clean up. Whatever, you said Doc Rivers was comparable to Isiah, I died of laughter when I read that....

Did you see Perkins play this season? playoffs? Not the Finals, the whole playoffs? He can defend rebound and clean up. Whatever, you said Doc Rivers was comparable to Isiah, I died of laughter when I read that....

I still don't see any wrong in comparing Doc Rivers to Isiah. They're both morons, I swear put Isiah coaching that Celtics team, and they would have done the same.

On to Perkins, yeah I've seen him play, and he's nothing special, he just sucks. Comparing him to someone who has potential like Andrew Bynum is just crazy. Bynum is potentially a top 2 center in the league. Perkins is worse then some teams backup centers.

That explains your basketball knowledge. I'm done arguing with someone who doesn't know anything about basketball.

Don't even reply to this because no matter what you say I won't reply back.

I still don't see any wrong in comparing Doc Rivers to Isiah. They're both morons, I swear put Isiah coaching that Celtics team, and they would have done the same.

On to Perkins, yeah I've seen him play, and he's nothing special, he just sucks. Comparing him to someone who has potential like Andrew Bynum is just crazy. Bynum is potentially a top 2 center in the league. Perkins is worse then some teams backup centers.

Potential Potential Potential....what has Bynum done to make him "special" or even to be considered to be Top 3?

That explains your basketball knowledge. I'm done arguing with someone who doesn't know anything about basketball.

Don't even reply to this because no matter what you say I won't reply back.

Right, and you have a vast knowledge of the sport....Bynum top 3. *YAWN*

Potential Potential Potential....what has Bynum done to make him "special" or even to be considered to be Top 3?

Through that potential, Bynum is the closest thing to Dwight Howard in this league, if it were possible to be compared to Howard right now. Comparing someone as lowly as Kendrick Perkins to Andrew Bynum is hilarious.

Did someone say they beleive that Isiah Thomas could get his players to committ to defense, set aside star ego and actually play on guts for him...just like Doc did with this group of Celtics? Are you f'en high?????

For the sake of Laker fans everywhere, I hope Bynum does become a top 2 center. I sure hope the hype meets reality....unlike this finals Lakers team. Man, talk about hype turned wrong.

Bynum is the closest thing to Dwight Howard in this league, if it were possible to be compared to Howard right now. Comparing someone as lowly as Kendrick Perkins to Andrew Bynum is hilarious.

ROFL! Now I've heard it all, you and Ghost win. It remains to be seen.

Did someone say they beleive that Isiah Thomas could get his players to committ to defense, set aside star ego and actually play on guts for him...just like Doc did with this group of Celtics? Are you f'en high?????

For the sake of Laker fans everywhere, I hope Bynum does become a top 2 center. I sure hope the hype meets reality....unlike this finals Lakers team. Man, talk about hype turned wrong.

You don't know Doc Rivers like I do. When Doc Rivers was coaching Orlando, and was pretty much running that team, he was pretty much the Isiah of then. To prove even more that you Bostonians know nothing about the game of Basketball, you still think Doc Rivers is anywhere near a good coach. Hell one of you Bostonians, which I've said numerous times, know nothing about the game could take this Celtics team to a championship.

Archived