Indians ready to deal FatBathia Now !!

baseballnut

Here is your latest on the CC Rumors and how the Indians are going to handle it .

Jayson Starks latest on ESPN.com that The Indians WILL NOT be giving a negotiation window for a team hoping to sign C.C. Sabathia while acquiring him.

After reading this today I watched the Indians sports show on Direct TV

# 657 Bruce Drennen show on STO Ohio He stated that the CC trade will be made shortly. The Indians according to his sources want to do the deal shortly and not wait for the deadline .

the Indians have talked to all teams interested asking for a Min 3 top prospects and he may only make 1 more start in Cleveland .

He has said to his Knowledge that they have at least two very atractive offers on the table . The teams he said are believed to be The Rays and The Phillies two teams that haven't even been mentioned in the past .

If The Rays ( who have more prospects than they know what to do with ) get CC , it looks like Cashman will be the one getting kicked in the nuts . :Nuts:

If they will take a bag of practice balls, some bubble gum and some CDs of Bob Shephard singing Black Sabbath songs, we have a deal. Captain Cheeseburger is about to be declared a state as soon as some pioneers can plant a flag in that fat arse of his.

The Rays aren't giving up anything for CC or Griffey. The only reason they are mentioned in these rumours is because they are finally good this year.

Bruce Drennen has been a staple in cleveland in sports news for 30 years he would have never said anything about the Rays if their wasn't some truth to it .

He even had a guest on a writer from Baseball America to that even said he had heard to same and even went as far as to say he thought that CC may not even make his next start in Cleveland that it may be in another uniform.

Everyday I DVR or watch Mke and the Maddog or the Bruce Drennen show out of cleveland.

And i just finished watching the Rockies sweep the Indians they really suck right now

going nowhere but to the cellar.

griffey jr and dunn both came out and told the reds yesterday that they want to stay in cincy and finish their careers there .

and will stay in cincy at a discount .:Typotux:

If they will take a bag of practice balls, some bubble gum and some CDs of Bob Shephard singing Black Sabbath songs, we have a deal. Captain Cheeseburger is about to be declared a state as soon as some pioneers can plant a flag in that fat arse of his.

Dude won the cy young last year and never misses a start, who cares if he's fat. He's an ace.

Wang-Sabathia-Joba, that would be a sick 1-2-3.

And imagine if we can do the deal w/o giving up Hughes.

You claim that the Indians want 3 top prospects, yet you claim the Phillies are in involved. They don't have prospects to give.

The Indians would be STUPID not to allow an exclusive period to negotiate.It lessens their own leverage.

Exactly. There's no point in not allowing the team to negotiate. They'd be hard pressed getting one, let alone three, top prospects without a negotiating window.

You claim that the Indians want 3 top prospects, yet you claim the Phillies are in involved. They don't have prospects to give.

The Indians would be STUPID not to allow an exclusive period to negotiate.It lessens their own leverage.

the indians are trying to get a good deal out ofhim but other teams no that he is leaving next year anyway so they most likely gonna wait and then try and get him for a lesser deal.

sabathia wants 20 mil a year deal or somethign around that not many teams are gonnna be able to do that..

These are the player that are being rumored as part of the Phillies package

Carlos Carrasco / Adrian Cardenas / Fred Galvis / Greg Golson / Gus Milner

The first 2 are considered top flight prospects in Baseball America

He's had 2 good starts, and starts against the Dodgers and Chan Ho park tommorrow. There's a lot riding on it. Still, his lack of conditioning is why the Injuns won't go past $100 million. It's craziness to give anything close to those numbers to a guy who is eating himself out of MLB. Ha ving lvied through Wells vaporlocking in the WS in 2003 due to poor conditiioning(and costing them a title), no way Cashman and the Yankees bite. Rather go the minor leagur route.

Being fat didn't stop David Wells from being an excellent pitcher for the Yankees all those years - and Sabathia is probably better than him.

After thinking this over the past couple of days, I think the way I would handle this issue with CC, is to let him hit FA, and then offer him a 4 year deal at 25 million per, making him the highest AAV of any pitcher (average of 25 million per - higher than Santana and Zito). More per year, but less years. Similar to the way the Yankees handled Jonny Damon when Boras wanted 7 years, at some 80 million. Yankees waited until Boras got off his horse, and gave a slightly higher AAV, but for less years.

CC should be handled the same way. And I do not trade high level prospects for him.

Sabbathia had a great start Saturday. But I don't see the Yanks pulling the trigger(unless it's a total giveaway-Kennedy/Cabrera and some lesser non-Tabata-type ML guy, which the Indians probably couldn't sell to their fanbase), and giving Sabbathia a long-term $25 million per contract to a guy who will break down due to piss poor conditioning and simple age seems crazy. The longer the season goes on, the more likely Shapiro sits tight and takes the sandwich draft pick from the FA over a trade.

CC is 28. I don't think age is an issue, yet. His history has been pretty solid, health-wise. But I would not go out more than 4 years. Give him a high AAV, but shorter length. If he's still healthy after the 4 years, he will still be only 32, so he could get another large payday.

Archived