Who are you really for as the Starting QB?

MagicBizkit87

Who do you want as the Starting QB  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the Starting QB

• Kellen Clemens
    • Chad Pennington
    • Undecided/Other

will the new oline etc.. i want to start with chad ( i am sure you are all surprised) and if we go 0-3, then put kellen in.. and give him 13 games... he can prove that he is "it" as you all think he is with 13 games..

and if he isnt.. time to look elsewhere.. either that or put in ratliff the last two games if kellen proves not to be "it"

Leftwich or Culpepper? Gross.

I totally agree with your appraisal, but is the prospect of Chad or Clemens any more of a horrible fantasy/reality? Look at what lots of us are doing: grasping at straws because we know in our hearts that the QB situation--unless Clemens actually pans out--is a disaster waiting to happen. I can already see myself watching the opening game with Chad at the helm when Shotzy calls his patented (read cluster f**k) sideline pattern that gets picked off for six the other way. In slow motion, I see myself jumping off the couch and screaming my head off, much to the consternation of my poor wife and son, who are both die hard Jet fans, but can't take my insane histrionics. Another day and season up in flames, not to mention that my anticipated Sunday night "F-Fest" with my cutie (or wife if she is busy:)) is out the window as well.

Someone please talk me down and--more importantly--convince me that Chad or Clemens will get the job done.

sorry, i cant. but dont be surprised at the end of the season we all love Kellen Clemens.

I want this to happen more than anything. To have Clemens click and become our consistent starter for the next five years would make me giddy. I just don't want to go through another Nagle, Brister, Carter, et. al. season.

I want this to happen more than anything. To have Clemens click and become our consistent starter for the next five years would make me giddy. I just don't want to go through another Nagle, Brister, Carter, et. al. season.

the first quarter of the season is going to be rough. real rough.

but the jets will click and Clemens will take us on the ride of a lifetime. If we can just survive the 1st half of our season and click well together there will be happiness in these parts in early 2009.

And if we sh!t the bed early its going to be a long cold winter in the death trap Giants stadium

the first quarter of the season is going to be rough. real rough.

but the jets will click and Clemens will take us on the ride of a lifetime. If we can just survive the 1st half of our season and click well together there will be happiness in these parts in early 2009.

And if we sh!t the bed early its going to be a long cold winter in the death trap Giants stadium

Please don't let that ride become one on the River Styx. I owe the horned one a soul. Seriously, I hope you're right about Clemens. Why are you so confident and I'm not?

I totally agree with your appraisal, but is the prospect of Chad or Clemens any more of a horrible fantasy/reality? Look at what lots of us are doing: grasping at straws because we know in our hearts that the QB situation--unless Clemens actually pans out--is a disaster waiting to happen. I can already see myself watching the opening game with Chad at the helm when Shotzy calls his patented (read cluster f**k) sideline pattern that gets picked off for six the other way. In slow motion, I see myself jumping off the couch and screaming my head off, much to the consternation of my poor wife and son, who are both die hard Jet fans, but can't take my insane histrionics. Another day and season up in flames, not to mention that my anticipated Sunday night "F-Fest" with my cutie (or wife if she is busy:)) is out the window as well.

Someone please talk me down and--more importantly--convince me that Chad or Clemens will get the job done.

As far as the freaking out part over stupid play calls and the pick six, that's just natural as Jets fan's because it's happened alittle too often. I do think that Chad will work out better in this new O-Line than Clemens will. It's already been said he sits in the pocket too long and holds onto the ball. If that's the case, Clemens might get the nod to start, but he won't finish the season that way.

Or don't be suprised if we all love Chad one more time. Sorry just not sold on Clemens at all.

no way we could love him as much as 2007...ya know, when he got benched. I suppose he should be getting better this year, it normally happens to QB's at his age.

As far as the freaking out part over stupid play calls and the pick six, that's just natural as Jets fan's because it's happened alittle too often. I do think that Chad will work out better in this new O-Line than Clemens will. It's already been said he sits in the pocket too long and holds onto the ball. If that's the case, Clemens might get the nod to start, but he won't finish the season that way.

LOL. You're right: it does happen way too often and freaking out is second nature to us. As for Chad and the new--much improved--O-Line, he still can't throw the deep ball to put a little fear into the DBs or the crisp sideline route. So--like the last couple of years--other teams will jam the box and dare him to beat them long. This will, once again, screw up our running game because all the holes will be filled with cheating LBs and DBs. Plus, as usual, Chad will get clobbered by the rush.

no way we could love him as much as 2007...ya know, when he got benched. I suppose he should be getting better this year, it normally happens to QB's at his age.

Good point, although I'd put more down on the fact that Clemens will be running around in the backfield looking over to the sideline asking Chad who he should throw too. That is after he's held the ball for 30sec and doesn't know what to do if nobody's open.

Good point, although I'd put more down on the fact that Clemens will be running around in the backfield looking over to the sideline asking Chad who he should throw too. That is after he's held the ball for 30sec and doesn't know what to do if nobody's open.

That's what scares me, too. He's got those happy feet like Obie.

LOL. You're right: it does happen way too often and freaking out is second nature to us. As for Chad and the new--much improved--O-Line, he still can't throw the deep ball to put a little fear into the DBs or the crisp sideline route. So--like the last couple of years--other teams will jam the box and dare him to beat them long. This will, once again, screw up our running game because all the holes will be filled with cheating LBs and DBs. Plus, as usual, Chad will get clobbered by the rush.

Chad can throw the deep ball, he normally just doesn't have enough time. So it takes a little while to get there, ya can't be too picky. I see him being a 1,000 yrd rusher behind the new O-Line. <------and that's a joke. In all honesty though, I think he'll start and do better than basically everyone in the world gives him credit for.

As bad as he was, he did beat a team that Chad could only beat if he were hurt on the sideline. At least with kellen the jets are still in the game when they are down by 4 points. I never had the feeling chad could bring us back, and looking at his track record, i am right.

As bad as he was, he did beat a team that Chad could only beat if he were hurt on the sideline. At least with kellen the jets are still in the game when they are down by 4 points. I never had the feeling chad could bring us back, and looking at his track record, i am right.

I really think this year it'll be different with that feeling. He just tries to do too much by himself instead of letting the playmakers do what they are supposed to do (Which is makes plays). He hasn't had a running game since Curtis (My Favorite) Martin. With a much improved running game, a do believe Chad can do it.

Oh and if the game you're talking about is the Steelers, then yeah you're probably right, although the flea flicker they ran didn't look like Kellen has that great arm. Coles had to slow down to almost a stop and wait for the ball to get there.

clemens should start so we can accurately gauge whether or not he's a bust. don't be so ignorant as to write him off after half a season behind a sh!t line. we should find out now if he's the answer so we can move in another direction as quickly as possible. people want to just jump into the next offseason so we can draft a QB in the first round, as if that's going to be the absolute solution. it seems as if no one is even considering the fact that a rookie QB is going to struggle learning the offense and adjusting to the speed. a rookie QB might even need 2 seasons to get it right.

so, i ask all of you: what's the difference between sitting through 2 bad seasons waiting for the rook to develop and allowing clemens last half season (which essentially could be perceived as his rookie season) and this full season to develop? give the kid a chance before making up your minds that we need to go in a new direction.

and nobody bring up '02 when chad came in for the first time. he had a WAY better O-line, a WAY better ground game, a WAY better D and sat watching for 2 full seasons before getting in a game. chad essentially came into a much better situation in '02 than clemens did last year, so that is a horrible comparison.

I really think this year it'll be different with that feeling. He just tries to do too much by himself instead of letting the playmakers do what they are supposed to do (Which is makes plays). He hasn't had a running game since Curtis (My Favorite) Martin. With a much improved running game, a do believe Chad can do it.

You mean like throwing the ball to the sidelines? Because that won't be changing any time soon, last time i checked that is the route you generally run when you are losing a game with a few minutes left.

Rest assured, with Chad at QB, we will be losing plenty of games to witness that yet again.

You mean like throwing the ball to the sidelines? Because that won't be changing any time soon, last time i checked that is the route you generally run when you are losing a game with a few minutes left.

Rest assured, with Chad at QB, we will be losing plenty of games to witness that yet again.

From what's being reported, he's changing the mechanics in his throwing so he can throw with more velocity. IF THAT IS THE CASE, he should be able to make that throw. Would you put more faith in him being able to bring us back then?

From what's being reported, he's changing the mechanics in his throwing so he can throw with more velocity. IF THAT IS THE CASE, he should be able to make that throw. Would you put more faith in him being able to bring us back then?

there is no denying that he is smart, he has said that same thing about his mechanics for a few years now, he has no arm. He may have one of the worst arms in NCAA division one football at this point. I like him as a human being, gives great interviews is a team player, all that crap. He just can't throw the ball.

Why are you so confident and I'm not?

im usually not positive about a lot of things, but Clemens I am.

He played behind a sh!t line, with lousy offensive play calling. This year he has a line, a good running game, and an OC who's job is on the line.

He will struggle early and wont be surprised if we are 1-3 or 2-2. But once the O-line starts clicking and Clemens gets comfortable and our defense begins kicking ass, this team will be unbeatable.

We dont need Clemens to bring us to the promise land. We need the defense to step up and shut teams down. We need Clemens to play well enough in key situations. And I believe with a better line and play calling he will be very comfortable and will surprise us all.

No.

If the NYJs cannot run the ball because of a 'finesse' line that cannot win and own the line of scrimmage, then the BS offensive strategy is squelched. It doesn't matter who the QB is.

Last year, the NYJs demonstrated a lack of running capability, and the pass rush took away all but the shortest routes, which ultimately the DBs were instructed to jump in the second half with dreary, consistent success.

There's a reason why there's a competition between Chad and Kellen this year.

The cast of characters has been changed mightily, according to everything the CS and FO could come up with this off-season. And they are probably not finished.

The QBs need to be viewed in terms of a functional OL and a run-smashing D. Running games beget down-the-field passing opportunities when your QBs know how to play fake. So speaks the BS offensive strategy.

Until the NYJs build brutal OL and DL line-of-scrimmage owners, instead of this tradition of timid "Just Visiting" linemen, then it doesn't make a damn who the quarterback is.

im usually not positive about a lot of things, but Clemens I am.

He played behind a sh!t line, with lousy offensive play calling. This year he has a line, a good running game, and an OC who's job is on the line.

He will struggle early and wont be surprised if we are 1-3 or 2-2. But once the O-line starts clicking and Clemens gets comfortable and our defense begins kicking ass, this team will be unbeatable.

We dont need Clemens to bring us to the promise land. We need the defense to step up and shut teams down. We need Clemens to play well enough in key situations. And I believe with a better line and play calling he will be very comfortable and will surprise us all.

On paper, our defense looks like a group of deranged maniacs...annihilators. I want that to happen so bad; to just smash and embarrass teams like the Cheats and Miami. My dream is that we can field a defense that guarantees us consistent wins at home. Imagine if we could go 8-0 at home? Why not? Just f**kin' play your butts off at home. How awesome a place would Jets Stadium become? We win a couple more on the road and playoffs are a lock. I just pray your confidence in Clemens is warranted.

Archived