ARod and Madonna?

TaborJet

:character42:

Report: Alex Rodriguez in late night visits to Madonna's apartment

By KORIN MILLER

DAILY NEWS FEATURE WRITER

Updated Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 3:09 PM

amd_madonnayankees.jpg

Madonna takes in a Yankees game on June 22nd with her family.

amd_alexrodriguez.jpg

Alex Rodriguez attended Madonna's April 30th concert in New York.

Alex Rodriguez has made "numerous" late-night visits to Madonna's Central Park West apartment, according to a published report.

Rodriguez, 32, has been seen arriving alone, according to US Weekly, and sneaks out of Madge's building "as late as midnight," a source told the magazine, adding, "all the doormen are talking."

But the unlikely coupling has left some wondering if this is a real scoop - or lawsuit in the making.

Although they've been plagued by break-up rumors for years, Madonna's marriage to Guy Ritchie seems to be on the rocks for real this time, and both have reportedly hired divorce attorneys. A-Rod came under intense scrutiny last year when photos surfaced of him spending time with a woman who was not his wife on a Yankee road trip to Toronto.

US Weekly mentions that Rodriguez attended Madonna's April 30 concert in New York and the Daily News recently published photos of the singer at a June 22 Yankees game. Plus, they note, Madonna's son, Rocco, also wears Yankees gear.

OK! magazine also noticed the budding friendship between the Material Girl and A-Rod. "They met briefly at a charity event and that's it," the singer's publicist told the magazine.

Madonna has been shacked up in her posh Manhattan apartment - without her husband - for more than a week. Ritchie arrived in New York Monday night in a reported attempt to salvage their marriage.

The Times of London recently reported that Madonna has consulted high-powered British divorce attorney Fiona Shackleton, who represented Paul McCartney and Prince Charles in their respective divorces. Just days before, U.K. newspaper The Mirror quoted a friend of the couple who said the two are planning to split in November after Madonna's Sticky 'n' Sweet world tour wraps.

Several publications took note when Madonna was spotted in New York last weekend without her wedding ring. However, Madge has often gone ringless - alongside her husband - in the seven years that couple have been married. Ritchie, too, has often been spotted sans wedding band.

Ritchie's mother went on the offensive to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper, describing reports that the couple consulted divorce lawyers as "works of fiction."

"They are no different to most other couples," she said. "We all know that being together can be hard sometimes and marriages are not always a bed of roses."

Madonna and Ritchie, who are parents to Lourdes, 11, Rocco, 7, and David, 2, have not been photographed together since early June.

Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, denied reports of a romance between the singer and A-Rod to People magazine Tuesday , adding that her client met the baseball player through their shared manager, Guy Oseary. "They have met," she said. "They know each other and Madonna took her kids to a Yankees game last week. There's really not anything to comment on beyond that."

Rosenberg has repeatedly insisted that Madonna and Ritchie are not splitting.

You know, if he were actually SINGLE - this would fun news. Unfortunately, he's a married man with two small children, which makes him a cheatin' sack of doo-doo if these reports are true.

it is Madonna though...hard to pass on that..after all she has had so many

D's in her...have to wonder if there is anything left for him to boink.

Mrs Arod will be the big winner here...i would think she would be better off.

the kids always lose.

it is Madonna though...hard to pass on that..after all she has had so many

D's in her...have to wonder if there is anything left for him to boink.

Mrs Arod will be the big winner here...i would think she would be better off.

the kids always lose.

I'll never understand men and I've stopped trying. Why would anyone want to be with Madonna - and her "history" - besides the fact that it's Madonna, the marketing machine, with minimal actual talent and a boatload of cash?

I have no delusions that celebrity-athletes are true to their spouses....I've seen it first hand, lot's of girls out their willing to compromise their morals (if they have any) just so they can be with a "star"....these people don't star gaze, they star f***.....and the celebrity-athletes just act like it's another day in their rockin' world. Part and parcel of being a Celebrity-athlete. No morals.

I feel bad for Mrs. Rodriquez (a Boston gal). She "sticks by her man" - only to be figuretively sucker punched by him AGAIN.

Boo hoo hoo. Men cheat everyday, and pro athletes every second. Get over it. Any woman who marrys a guy like Arod is stupid to think he will be faithful. Men are as faithful as their options. Most of the guys here have cheated or will cheat, so stop acting all high and mighty.

Again, you lump one person into an entire gender.

Just because A-Rod would do it (and his scruples have previously been shown lacking), does not mean all men , or even a majority would.

I can virtually guarantee you if you could stick the head of a German Shepard on Rosie O'Donnel, some man would find that attractive. Doesn't mean we all would.

My feelings for Mrs Rodriguez are not of pity. if she did not see this coming after last year's revelations, she is either uber-naive, or just conniving.

As mentioned by others, it is the children that deserve the pity. They did not pick this lot.

I'll never understand men and I've stopped trying. Why would anyone want to be with Madonna - and her "history" - besides the fact that it's Madonna, the marketing machine, with minimal actual talent and a boatload of cash?

I have no delusions that celebrity-athletes are true to their spouses....I've seen it first hand, lot's of girls out their willing to compromise their morals (if they have any) just so they can be with a "star"....these people don't star gaze, they star f***.....and the celebrity-athletes just act like it's another day in their rockin' world. Part and parcel of being a Celebrity-athlete. No morals.

I feel bad for Mrs. Rodriquez (a Boston gal). She "sticks by her man" - only to be figuretively sucker punched by him AGAIN.

Boo hoo hoo. Men cheat everyday, and pro athletes every second. Get over it. Any woman who marrys a guy like Arod is stupid to think he will be faithful. Men are as faithful as their options. Most of the guys here have cheated or will cheat, so stop acting all high and mighty.

How am I being "high and mighty?" I basically said the same thing you did. I know men cheat. There are women who cheat too. It's a cheatin' world.....doesn't make it right.

So, tell me this, you are getting married in September, correct? How would you feel if your wife cheated on you? I mean, people cheat everyday, right? I'm kidding, btw, just making a point....I suspect that people go into a permenanty union excepting to be faithful 'till the day they die. For better and for worse, and all that other stuff.

Congrats, btw. Really.

I seriously doubt most people here have cheated.

Most are a bunch of fat losers. How many options do they have?

Only thing they've cheated on is their diet.

Archived