Attn; Drago....

SoFlaJets

Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 2 - 7:16 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.

Related: Ravens, Chiefs, Jets

Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 2 - 7:16 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.

Related: Ravens, Chiefs, Jets

this would be a nice sport for favre to land. Pretty strong team around him, two receivers with great hands and another tightend his is used to. I woudln't be thrilled about having Kellen wrot for another year...can't say i haven't thought of this one in the back of my mind.

yeah right a guy who has one or two years left going to the Chiefs. shefter confuses me.

but Michael Lombardi also suggested the Jets.

my question, would you trade a conditional third round pick (escalates to second for playoff appearance) for Favre

yes, but who would we have to release to get below the salary cap. Im sure we dont have 12 mil available for him... Chad is what 6 or 7 mil this year.. still a lot of room to clear up.

For the Jets, if they think they have the weapons to really compete this year and Qb is our biggest problem then its a no brainer. If they dont think so, then you have to pass and let Clemens be QB. Is a 2nd rounder worth it if we get knocked out in the wild card round....

This seems to be a non story now but The Packers trading Favre would be like the Mets trading Seaver- the backlash would be monumental- would never happen.

not that I'd want him ON the Jets but Seaver DID end up a Cincy Red

Our WRs don't have great hands. You only thought they did because Chad's ducks are catchable by anyone, including DBs. Just ask Assante Samuel. With Chad at QB, you can use your CBs as WRs, which we shoulda done before. Woulda saved money too.

When Clemens came in, everyone dropped everything. Only Coles can catch some, but he didn't want to play with Clemens. This is why I am against this whole competition thing, just make it Clemens team and give him all the reps with the starters so they can actually catch a real NFL ball.

If we really have no faith in Clemens, then fine get Favre, but you might as well just cut KC, and Chad won't stay on either. The Packers don't even want Favre really anymore because they want to let Rodgers play, but WE shouldn't let Clemens play? The Vikes won't take him either because they are committed to Jackson, despite the objections from most of the board (which could end up being rightful).

One team nobody mentions is the Titans. I don't think they are really that committed to VY even, and even if they were, they could claim he can sit and learn from Favre so it's okay. Plus you figure that type of backwater is precisely where Favre wants to be, where he can be the entire team and the city's entire focus.

Our WRs don't have great hands. You only thought they did because Chad's ducks are catchable by anyone, including DBs. Just ask Assante Samuel. With Chad at QB, you can use your CBs as WRs, which we shoulda done before. Woulda saved money too.

When Clemens came in, everyone dropped everything. Only Coles can catch some, but he didn't want to play with Clemens. This is why I am against this whole competition thing, just make it Clemens team and give him all the reps with the starters so they can actually catch a real NFL ball.

If we really have no faith in Clemens, then fine get Favre, but you might as well just cut KC, and Chad won't stay on either. The Packers don't even want Favre really anymore because they want to let Rodgers play, but WE shouldn't let Clemens play? The Vikes won't take him either because they are committed to Jackson, despite the objections from most of the board (which could end up being rightful).

One team nobody mentions is the Titans. I don't think they are really that committed to VY even, and even if they were, they could claim he can sit and learn from Favre so it's okay. Plus you figure that type of backwater is precisely where Favre wants to be, where he can be the entire team and the city's entire focus.

I'm hoping that the reason Cotch started dropping a few was the finger injury he has. I'm also hoping that he's now completely recovered.

Archived