THE I HATE BRUNO THREAD: He may resign...

BaumerJet

Enjoy

1001024.jpg

Posted: Tuesday, 08 July 2008 2:45PM

State Senator Joseph Bruno May Resign

ALBANY, NY (AP) -- Former state Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno says he may leave the Senate altogether in a few weeks.

Bruno, 79, a Rensselaer County Republican, was first elected in 1976. His term expires Dec. 31. The Senate's powerful Republican leader since 1995, he announced shortly before the legislative session ended in June that he would not seek re-election and it was time to move on.

Republican senators, who hold a slim 32-30 advantage in the chamber, elected Long Island Sen. Dean Skelos as their leader.

Bruno told reporters Tuesday he's taking it day-to-day might be out in a couple weeks.

Spokesman Kris Thompson says no timetable has been set for Bruno's departure.

There are several candidates angling to take Bruno's job. The general election is Nov. 4.

HE is just one of the many that blocked the Jets West Side stadium

actually it was Bruno and SHELDON SILVER- alone that blocked the stadium for their own gain. BRUNO's son works foir the DOLANS. And Silver worried only about the WTC area and reconstruction. He wanted no competition from the WSS for state dollars. Two jerks were responsible. Pataki was for it. If they voted yes on the WSS it would have happened. Too late to cry now. But the WSS area will be desolate for several years to come rather then generating tax dollars for the city. The WTC reconstruction is awash in delays and work stoppages. SCREW BRUNO and SILVER! The last vote on the issue of the WSS required a unanimous vote of the three men. BRUNO & SILVER screwed the Jets, and the City of NY.

The PSLs for a stadium in Manhattan would have been MUCH more than the PSLs coming now. Why? The stadium was going to cost 1.5 BILLION, about 70% more than the Jets are currently putting out for their shared stadium.

Bruno and Silver are heroes for stopping that horrid plan. Other than that, I have little use for either of them.

As an upstater, though, I'm going to miss having a guy at the negotiating table at budget time.

HE is just one of the many that blocked the Jets West Side stadium

I remember the NY Daily News giving Sheldon Silver much of that credit. I believe the line was to paraphrase "WS Stadium shot down on the jaw bones of an a$$. " Pretty funny line.

Meh. I would've rather us staying in current Giants Stadium until we had time/money to build our own stadium--somewhere in New York. The PSLs would be way more if the move was to NYC. There are/were other viable locations in New York, but whatever.

I agree. So much for Woody's "promise" of us having our own stadium.

Archived