Steve Phillips is an ass

Kidhuman

I honestly want to know what this dude smokes. Does he even watch baseball or does he make the sh!t up as he goes along?

Last night he mentioned the Yankees are out of the playoff run because they have no pitching. Their pitching seems to be doing pretty well right now and with Hughes and Kennedy on the way back it adds depth. Wang(hopefully) will be back in Sept. If all this falls into place, there is plenty of depth to the pitching staff.

He is a jackass. Get over 2000 already.

Phillips said the same thing last year.

Thanks to Moose, Ponson and a bullpen that right now is pitching very well they are still in the chase.

If they can get Hughes and Wang back sometime in September it could make things very interesting

Alot of the National "experts" do not get the chance to follow teams that closely so they spout off the same old tired lines. Once you have a reputation it's hard to shed it BUT to be fair as well as we have pitched we don't know when the bottom is going to fall out w/ Mussina & Ponson and Rasner has already come back to Earth. If these guys can keep it up we are fine for the reg season but that's alot to ask so I can see soemone questioning our starting staff and thinking we could use another arm.

Actually, the Yankees pen is among the more solid ones in Baseball, especially since early May. And the rotation really has 3 guys doing well, one purely lucky (Ponson - Yankees average 10 runs a game for him) and one guy struggling big time (Rasner).

But the Yankee issues are all offensive related. Maybe Damon coming back helps ignite a few big innings. But they need for Cano to be superman, and for guys like Jeter and Abreu to have better 2nd halves than their first 100 games.

And Melky, Molina and Gardner/Betemit/Sexton have to make some positive offensive contribution.

Just remember this is the guy who traded Kazmir for Victor Zambrano. There is a reason he is a talking head for ESPN.

No he wasn't. Phillips was fired in 2003, Kazmir was traded in 2004. I thinkDuquette was the GM then let's not forget Phillips put together the Mets only WS team of the last 21 years PLUS the ONLY Mets team to ever reach back to back postseasons.

I honestly want to know what this dude smokes. Does he even watch baseball or does he make the sh!t up as he goes along?

Last night he mentioned the Yankees are out of the playoff run because they have no pitching. Their pitching seems to be doing pretty well right now and with Hughes and Kennedy on the way back it adds depth. Wang(hopefully) will be back in Sept. If all this falls into place, there is plenty of depth to the pitching staff.

He is a jackass. Get over 2000 already.

While the pen has been very good Oakland and Minny can make any staff look good.

Lets face it, that Oakland series was their AAA team.

Lets see how the SP after the top 3 holds up when the schedule shifts up a level competition wise. I think the Yanks have a much harder schedule than last year.

Yanks top 3 starters are pitching very good so not sure what Phillips is talking about.

I don't think Hughes sees the rotation again in 2008. Kennedy, maybe as a last resort.

BTW ...how the f can Seattle be interested in Igawa as part of a Washburn deal?

While the pen has been very good Oakland and Minny can make any staff look good.

Lets face it, that Oakland series was their AAA team.

Lets see how the SP after the top 3 holds up when the schedule shifts up a level competition wise. I think the Yanks have a much harder schedule than last year.

Yanks top 3 starters are pitching very good so not sure what Phillips is talking about.

I don't think Hughes sees the rotation again in 2008. Kennedy, maybe as a last resort.

BTW ...how the f can Seattle be interested in Igawa as part of a Washburn deal?

I agree about Oakland(though they thrashed the Rays last night) but Minnesota had been on fire. They had won 23 of their last 31 heading into the Yankee series and they were averaging almost 6 runs a game in that span. How come every time the Yanks start winning it's b/c the opponent stinks? Why is this never mentioned w/ other teams?

Archived