Grad School Question

drago

What do you get with a masters in education if you do not have an undergrad in education?

And if someone (me) sucks donkey nuts at computer stuff, how impossible would a computer science masters be? I'm thinking damn near impossible.

these are the only two programs that aren't called nursing or PT at my school, so i don't exactly have a world of choices.

what say you educated jets fans?

What do you get with a masters in education if you do not have an undergrad in education?

And if someone (me) sucks donkey nuts at computer stuff, how impossible would a computer science masters be? I'm thinking damn near impossible.

these are the only two programs that aren't called nursing or PT at my school, so i don't exactly have a world of choices.

what say you educated jets fans?

I say go to a different school and expand your choices. Nothing says that you must have an undergrad and masters in the same concentration.

I say go to a different school and expand your choices. Nothing says that you must have an undergrad and masters in the same concentration.

Normally i'd agree, but they are paying me to coach there in credits...so i have 9 grad credits to burn or the equivilent in undergard.

I don't really want or need another undergrad, so IDK, looks like I'll be doing education.

Normally i'd agree, but they are paying me to coach there in credits...so i have 9 grad credits to burn or the equivilent in undergard.

I don't really want or need another undergrad, so IDK, looks like I'll be doing education.

Oh, I was wondering why you were asking about education. I think most teachers have undergrad degrees that aren't in education. I think the typical NY teacher wants to do something hates or can't find another job takes up teaching and they pay/help them get the masters in education. I assume you pretty much have to teach, but it's no more useless than philosophy or my history and political science degrees.

What's the over under on when this thing gets moved? Is it just being left as a change of pace? **** BRETT FAVRE!

Oh, I was wondering why you were asking about education. I think most teachers have undergrad degrees that aren't in education. I think the typical NY teacher wants to do something hates or can't find another job takes up teaching and they pay/help them get the masters in education. I assume you pretty much have to teach, but it's no more useless than philosophy or my history and political science degrees.

What's the over under on when this thing gets moved? Is it just being left as a change of pace? **** BRETT FAVRE!

I'm a realy cheap SOB so if i have a degree in something, i'll use it. even if it means doing something i hate for 40 years. :)

Oh look at Mr center of the Universe. Starting off topic threads in the NFL forum. Big shot. Nice.

:bag:

Just for that? I'm not moving it.

I'll just keep it bumped then.

So, i've been meaning to ask, when i do i get some mod powers around here? i want to send some stuff to the baseball forum, maybe merge some accounts together...ya know, just send me a PM and we can work out the specifics. :lol:

That theory had me practicing law for fifteen years. I live in Italy now, I'm sure the next fifteen years will be much happier.

Yeah i would not cut it as a lawyer...i think i'd like teaching, not sure i could teach them anything but Pennington sucks and Leon needs more carries but it's a start.

Yeah i would not cut it as a lawyer...i think i'd like teaching, not sure i could teach them anything but Pennington sucks and Leon needs more carries but it's a start.

If you could teach ecrumb that chode pennington sucks that would make you a miracle worker.

Most people never get the same undergraduate and graduate degree anyway. If you do not want a carrer in those two areas though to me it will be wasting your time and effort and you will not do well in pursing them.

Most people never get the same undergraduate and graduate degree anyway. If you do not want a carrer in those two areas though to me it will be wasting your time and effort and you will not do well in pursing them.

Yeah, actually coming out of law school they look to people with diverse degrees. Engineers, biology backgrounds, things like that might help with a specialty. 95% of us had some form of history or political science degree which you take on to grad school or use to teach.

i agree with you on wasting time. I have thought about teaching ever since I got out of high school. i just never put the time in to change majors from business and sort of stuck it out.

As anyone could tell you, banking kind of sucks. I have gotten a lot out of it, as in, how to take care of my own finances, which is invaluable, but at this point i'm more interested in doing something entirely different.

In the long run i'd like to teach personal finance in high school or at a tech school. This country seems to have a really low IQ when it comes to even handling a check book, let alone a balloon mortgage.

Archived