NYJETS are in trouble.

JETSFAN5180

Kellen Clemens is struggling to beat out Chad Pennington for the starting QB job.This is all sounding too familiar.This team has spent alot of $$$$ revamping the offense and the defense but the signal caller is still an issue.SHAME on the NYJETS and Mangini and Tannenbaum for not addressing this situation.Another year of the merry go round at QB will certainly not bring us a SUPER BOWL or even PLAY-OFFS.

Mediocrecy seems to be the goal for this team year after year.All the free agent signings wont change a thing until the QB issue is resolved.

Chad will be the opening day starter.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/08/new_york_jets_clemens_is_closi.html

And what savior QB was just available for the taking last off-season?

I do not think there ever was one...Favre does not have any interest in the Jets...in fact other than himself...I do not think he has an intrest...you can not just find a QB to fill in...he has to be developed...and in your system...even an exp. QB will not just light up the league in a new system...takes time... we do have problems at this position...but I am not ready to push the panic button...camp just started...

I do not think there ever was one...Favre does not have any interest in the Jets...in fact other than himself...I do not think he has an intrest...you can not just find a QB to fill in...he has to be developed...and in your system...even an exp. QB will not just light up the league in a new system...takes time... we do have problems at this position...but I am not ready to push the panic button...camp just started...

I'll push it for you Shodan-IF Chad is named the starter....

Exactly. It is so easy to second guess GMs and Head Coaches. If you are going to criticize an action or non-action at least offer an alternative. And I don't mean "they should have addressed the QB situation". Exactly who should they have gone after?

And let's at least see a pre-season game or two before we write off the season.

Exactly right. The atmosphere among all Jet fans I've been talking to on here and elsewhere has beyond depressing. You'd swear we were the Miami Dolphins the way people talk FFS.

I for one am incredibly pumped for this season. **** the QB situation, let's hope the best guy starts. Look what we have around the QB now. The O-lines and D-lines are going to be better, much better. To the point were I think we can really dominate in the trenches. When was the last time a Jet team had the talent to pull that off? How sweet and refreshing would that be to finally see? I'm used to seeing us being destroyed in the trenches, doubt that will be the case this year.

People need to get a grip, we're not 1-7, we're not going to be a top 5 pick, we're relatively healthy and we have a very talented roster. Lets start looking forward to the 2008 season instead of dreading it, which is something I've seen far too much from Jet fans.

Archived