Ole Man Walkin...No middle Ground here folks, Boom or Bust from Franchise POV

SouthernJet

Yup,,cant wait,, but make no illusions..

This move will either be a BOOM with him playing great in 2008 and us a playoff contender,,OR, if he plays bad it will have effect of destroying vet commradare by again movin gPenny down line and now Clemmens.

If Brett plays bad we have NO QB in 2009..

There is no Break even on this one....

Go JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is better than what they have.. no brainer... Keep it positive for a little bit boys

whats not positive???

Just conjecture of what thois move may bring...

ther eis no question we dont have along term solution anymore

coaches would not have mad ethis move if they thought clemens was a bonafide nfl starter...he is in 3rd year now and i doubt in 2 years in his 5/6th year they wil lsay 'ok, u r ready'..

wee draft a QB high in next years draft,,count on it!!!!!!!!!!!

It is risky as hell but shall make for a lot of good football this season.

BZ

I didn't want Farve, but now that we've got him, I hope he has a better year here than he had last year in Green Bay. If the Jets are going to be his last "hurrah" then please let it end with a Super title.:cheers:

I didn't want Farve, but now that we've got him, I hope he has a better year here than he had last year in Green Bay. If the Jets are going to be his last "hurrah" then please let it end with a Super title.:cheers:

u realize a rainbow in your signature has more meaningful RAMifications here at Max's JN site :confused:

whats not positive???

coaches would not have mad ethis move if they thought clemens was a bonafide nfl starter...he is in 3rd year now and i doubt in 2 years in his 5/6th year they wil lsay 'ok, u r ready'..

Especially since he's only got a 4 year contract that expires after 2009 anyway.

I think it's safe to say that he's the backup this year, 50/50 to be a backup next year depending on whether or not the Jets burn a 3rd round pick or higher on a QB in anticipation of Favre's retirement after '08/'09/'10.

whats not positive???

Hopefully next year is deep at QB. Maybe Erik Ainge will come through and make strides this year.

It is risky as hell but shall make for a lot of good football this season.

BZ

Wonder if we'll see him tonight. I guess they'll tweak the playbook for him and he's familiar with Bubba Franks . Maybe Ainge or Ratliff will be ready next year or whenever Farve leaves. I'm going to go look for the "keep healthy Brett Farve god" now. I have a few candles to light and prayers to say along with the favors I ask. :):Typotux:

Wonder if we'll see him tonight. I guess they'll tweak the playbook for him and he's familiar with Bubba Franks . Maybe Ainge or Ratliff will be ready next year or whenever Farve leaves. I'm going to go look for the "keep healthy Brett Farve god" now. I have a few candles to light and prayers to say along with the favors I ask. :):Typotux:

Dude c'mon.

There's not even a chance he plays tonight. He might not even play the second game. He hasn't been in training camp and has no clue of the playbook. If he plays the second game it won't be long.

I'll take BOOM or BUST over the SNAP, CRACKLE, and POP we've had at QB for the last 7 years!!

you morons will just never give up will you?

I think Clemens should get the boot not Pennington. If Favre gets hurt, and I know he never has YET, thats puts us right back into last season with Clemens playing. I am excited to have Favre, but as SJ mentioned, hopefully this works out well and doesn't fracture a young team being built for longevity..

I wonder what mumbles is thinking right about now?

Archived