Lamont Jordan the worst Jets draft pick in recent history

PFSIKH

When is it going to be a right time? A few years ago when you were not a contender or in a few years when you are closer to the prize?

Look just because the LaMont situation didn't work out how most of us would have liked does not make him a bad draft pick. At this point I hope the Jets can draft another LaMont Jordan type (whether it be Morency, Moats, or if one of the big 3 slides down to us). Then Curtis starts this year and then goes to the bench in '06. While Curtis might not be most explosive back to ever play, he is certainly good enough to get to and win a Super Bowl, IMO.

While Curtis might not be most explosive back to ever play, he is certainly good enough to get to and win a Super Bowl, IMO.

I'm sorry, but no, he isn't. Curtis alone, without a powerback to pull 25-40% of the carries, is not at the level of play that will allow us to win a SB.

I'm sorry, but no, he isn't. Curtis alone, without a powerback to pull 25-40% of the carries, is not at the level of play that will allow us to win a SB.

I disagree. This year speaks for itself. Also there's almost no such thing as a back who takes 90% of the carries anymore. I'd venture to say that most teams main RB gets 75-80% of the carries.

Look just because the LaMont situation didn't work out how most of us would have liked does not make him a bad draft pick. At this point I hope the Jets can draft another LaMont Jordan type (whether it be Morency, Moats, or if one of the big 3 slides down to us). Then Curtis starts this year and then goes to the bench in '06. While Curtis might not be most explosive back to ever play, he is certainly good enough to get to and win a Super Bowl, IMO.

What leads you to believe that Herm will turn the ball over to another back? If Curtis comes out and runs for another 1300-1500 yards, the new back will get Lamont's token amount of carries. Then when he is really needed, the Jets will not know if he is ready.

Lamont, the player, was a good pick. Lamont selected by the Jets was not. It shows the Jets FO lacked a plan or the belief of that plan.

What leads you to believe that Herm will turn the ball over to another back? If Curtis comes out and runs for another 1300-1500 yards, the new back will get Lamont's token amount of carries. Then when he is really needed, the Jets will not know if he is ready.

Two things lead me to believe that Herm will turn the ball over to another back.

1) Herm wanted LaMont to get more carries even at the objections of Hackett and Bishop Harris.

2) Heimerdinger seems like the type of OC who will get the ball to the hot hand and let them make plays. If Curtis is having a great game, he'll keep feeding him the rock. If Curt's off I believe Dinger will change it up and give other guys carries.

Archived