Lamont Jordan the worst Jets draft pick in recent history

PFSIKH

And considering he is going up against Becht that says something.

Why? I know Herm is reluctant to put faith in youth until the last possible moment. Chad did not sniff the field until well into his second season and then had a 101 rating. He ran all them old geezers on D until the defense collapsed in 2003. Now, a second round pick, the "back of the future" is running for Oakland.

Why waste the pick if you are going to stay married to Curtis?

Why? I know Herm is reluctant to put faith in youth until the last possible moment. Chad did not sniff the field until well into his second season and then had a 101 rating. He ran all them old geezers on D until the defense collapsed in 2003. Now, a second round pick, the "back of the future" is running for Oakland.

idiotic post, vilma took over in week 2 this year and coleman started the entire 16 games that put an end to the rookie fear you speak of, saying lamont was the worst pick compared to becht is beyond ignorant

lamont was a steal in the 2nd round and he contributed very much to the team's success as a back up, the choice to keep him as a backup you may question but he was drafted to serve as a backup and serve as one he did and very well

becht was also a good pickup, the team had their eyes of franks who was drafted right before becht and we had a major need for a TE, tell me what other TE we should have drafted that year that was better than him???

you're not one of those fools that think a TE is useless or bad because he's not a receiving threat, the man is one of teh best blocking TEs in the game, getting a guy like that would never make him your all time worst pick

damn you stupid

Obviously the Jets, and everyone, didn't factor Martin would stay so healthy and so effective.

Still the Jets could have used Jordan and Martin as a 1-2 punch just like the Steelers did with Bettis and Staley. I really thought that after Hackett left that Jordan would stay.

Obviously the Jets, and everyone, didn't factor Martin would stay so healthy and so effective.

So effective????????

Martin padded his stats against piss-poor run defensive teams and also had the most carries of any RB in the league.

How effective was Martin twice against the Pats, twice against the Bills and twice against the Steelers?

Check the stats.

Not very.

This public service announcement was brought to you by savage69.com

So effective????????

Martin padded his stats against piss-poor run defensive teams and also had the most carries of any RB in the league.

How effective was Martin twice against the Pats, twice against the Bills and twice against the Steelers?

Check the stats.

Not very.

Well said Tex!! The Good of the One Martin is

more important then the good of the Team..But

I will always be thrilled with Cumar ripping

through the Pack for 42 yds in the Pats bowl

loss..And was astounded with his one Man show

vs Denver with 14 yds in 13 carries!! I hope the

Jets keep him till he's 50!! :lol:

So effective????????

Check the stats.

Not very.

and who exactly did run well against those same teams????

certainly not Dillon

So effective????????

Check the stats.

Not very.

If you are going to spin it that way, tell us how the other top backs did against those defenses.

Dillon earned ALL his yards :wink:

and who exactly did run well against those same teams????

certainly not Dillon

Wrong once again Mean Bro.

Dillon versus:

Bills- 19/79

Jets- 22/115

Steelers- DNP

Ravens- 30/123

Jets- 29/89

Bills- 26/151

Corey Dillon had a much more productive year than CuMar. Give Dillon all Martin's carries and he would have easily led the league.

Dillon also walked away with a Super Bowl ring. How many of those does CuMar have? :o:o

Wrong once again Mean Bro.

Dillon versus:

Bills- 19/79

Jets- 22/115

Steelers- DNP

Ravens- 30/123

Jets- 29/89

Bills- 26/151

Corey Dillon had a much more productive year than CuMar. Give Dillon all Martin's carries and he would have easily led the league.

Dillon also walked away with a Super Bowl ring. How many of those does CuMar have? :o:o

blowing cocks once again Tex

you said:

so what does his one good game against the ravens have to do with a comparison???

basically he had one giant game against teh Bills and a few pedestrian efforts

should I then throw Mart's 200+ against teh Chargers?

stay on topic ADD boy, Dillon aint do bett against thos edefense than Martin did

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD Rec Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec Yds TD

09/12 Cincinnati W 31-24 Yes 29 196 6.8 24 1 3 7 2.3 7 1 0 0 0 0

09/19 @San Diego W 34-28 Yes 32 119 3.7 12 2 6 25 4.2 7 0 1 0 0 0

October Rushing Receiving Fumbles

10/03 @Miami W 17-9 Yes 24 110 4.6 13 1 4 31 7.8 11 0 0 0 0 0

10/10 Buffalo W 16-14 Yes 22 77 3.5 11 0 6 23 3.8 8 0 0 1 0 0

10/17 San Francisco W 22-14 Yes 25 111 4.4 14 2 3 20 6.7 10 0 0 0 0 0

10/24 @New England L 7-13 Yes 20 70 3.5 9 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0

November Rushing Receiving Fumbles

11/01 Miami W 41-14 Yes 19 115 6.1 25 1 1 13 13.0 13 0 0 0 0 0

11/07 @Buffalo L 17-22 Yes 19 67 3.5 19 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11/14 Baltimore L 17-20 Yes 28 119 4.3 21 2 2 5 2.5 4 0 0 0 0 0

11/21 @Cleveland W 10-7 Yes 17 88 5.2 19 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

11/28 @Arizona W 13-3 Yes 24 99 4.1 19 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0

December Rushing Receiving Fumbles

12/05 Houston W 29-7 Yes 23 134 5.8 22 1 4 20 5.0 10 1 0 0 0 0

12/12 @Pittsburgh L 6-17 Yes 24 72 3.0 13 0 3 35 11.7 14 0 0 0 0 0

12/19 Seattle W 37-14 Yes 24 134 5.6 20 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12/26 New England L 7-23 Yes 13 33 2.5 5 0 5 44 8.8 22 0 0 0 0 0

January Rushing Receiving Fumbles

01/02 @St. Louis L 29-32 Yes 28 153 5.5 20 0 2 22 11.0 11 0 0 0 0 0

01/08 @San Diego W 20-17 Yes 18 66 3.7 12 0 4 47 11.8 23 0 0 0 0 0

01/15 @Pittsburgh L 17-20 Yes 19 77 4.1 13 0 4 29 7.3 17 0 0 0 0 0

youre right, he should be ashamed of himself with those crappy #'s NOT!!!!!!!!!

](*,)

You are SO right!...(for a change :wink: )

Lamont Jordan is NOT the worst pick ever. In fact, I think he was a brilliant pick.

However, seperate from the pick itself is how the team UTILIZED him. And that, my friends, is where the error lies. Lamont Jordan was wasted here, plain and simple.

The error was NOT the pick, it was the rest of his time here.

Hey Eienstein, the Ravens had the 8th best rushing defense in the league.

Curtis did pretty bad against the Ravens didn't he? in fact, looks like he did better then your boy FLAMING MORON

Curtis did pretty bad against the Ravens didn't he? in fact, looks like he did better then your boy FLAMING MORON

Yea, he had some great runs late in the 4th quarter to seal a Jets victory against the Ravens. :lol::lol:

Martin is useless in crunch time.

As usual, these Patsie flamers couldn't find their asses with both hands and a map.

HOWEVER, it can be reasonably argued that the pick was not very smart. We had a feature back locked up until the end of time. We couldn't expect to keep two of them.

It's certainly fair to surmise that the idea was to make Jordan the number one back as Martin declined, kind of like the situation in Pittsburgh. The problem is, Martin declined to decline.

The pick might have been used on a more pressing need, and a RB drafted a couple of years later.

Yea, he had some great runs late in the 4th quarter to seal a Jets victory against the Ravens. :lol::lol:

Martin is useless in crunch time.

and you are useless over all,,stop spinning your original point...the game went into overtime so your intended jab that Martin couldn't get the win for us, a game QB'd by Q Carter I might add, doesn't hold up..I remember 3 or 4 patsie* games that Dillon was held to squat till the game was out of reach & the defenses were quit..and if you subtract the one 25 yarder he gets a game, the reat of his performances were mediocre at best...FLAMING LOSER

and you are useless over all,,stop spinning your original point...the game went into overtime so your intended jab that Martin couldn't get the win for us, a game QB'd by Q Carter I might add, doesn't hold up..I remember 3 or 4 patsie* games that Dillon was held to squat till the game was out of reach & the defenses were quit..and if you subtract the one 25 yarder he gets a game, the reat of his performances were mediocre at best...FLAMING LOSER

Do you actually believe the crap that you write??

Speaking of 25-yarders, how many of those did the speedster Martin have last season? :lol::lol:

there you go spinning again...why do you keep changing the focus everytime you say something? I am the first to admit Curtis doesn't break off big plays, but that doesn't change the fact that he had a great year and is a HofF'er. Im sure you of all people didn't forget the Patsies* won 2 super bowls without ANY running game, so how are we to believe that Dillon is so f'ing great? FLAMING SPINNING LOSER

Do you actually believe the crap that you write??

Speaking of 25-yarders, how many of those did the speedster Martin have last season? :lol::lol:

just randomly pointing out... in the first jets game if u take away dillons 50 something yard run, he averaged like 3 yds per carry.

Thats pretty much what I was trying to tell the flamer..Dillon has one long run every game & its usually when the game is pretty much over already

Lamont Jordan is NOT the worst pick ever. In fact, I think he was a brilliant pick.

However, seperate from the pick itself is how the team UTILIZED him. And that, my friends, is where the error lies. Lamont Jordan was wasted here, plain and simple.

The error was NOT the pick, it was the rest of his time here.

And that is my point warfish.

I do believe he is the worst pick in only recent times for the Jets and you are correct it is not a reflection on Lamont but the Jets' FO.

exactly my poinbt but dumbass you didnt mention the Ravens in your original post and only threw those stats in when i called you on it because dillon did weel against them, now that you bring them up look at Curtis' number

exactly my poinbt but dumbass you didnt mention the Ravens in your original post and only threw those stats in when i called you on it because dillon did weel against them, now that you bring them up look at Curtis' number

forget it Bro, once proven to be the FLAMING LOSER that he is, he abandons the threads he posted in and starts FLAMING a different one

Thats pretty much what I was trying to tell the flamer..Dillon has one long run every game & its usually when the game is pretty much over already

What do these long runs accomplish, which should be against defenses that are stacked to stop the run? In the Jets game fat referenced, it took the ball from the New England 15 and brought it to the Jets 41. Five plays later, Klecko fumbles and the Jets get the ball. That one long run changed the complexion of the game. Instead of being already in FG range, a stretch for Brein I know, the Jets are in there own end and have to drive just to get in field goal range.

Here is the difference Dillon made in the Patriots.

With Dillon, despite every defensive category going down (i.e. pash/rush yards allowed and points allowed) the Patriots went from beating opponents by 6.9 to 11. They went from 9 victories by 7 points or less to 4.

And that is my point warfish.

I do believe he is the worst pick in only recent times for the Jets and you are correct it is not a reflection on Lamont but the Jets' FO.

That's not your point at all. Your point is just to come here and start sh*t. Your premise that LaMont is a terrible pick is the most moronic thing I've read on JN.

Say Curtis got injured a year or two after that draft, without drafting LaMont. We would have been screwed because we most likely would of had some JAG back there. Now just because Curtis didn't get hurt doesn't mean LaMont was a bad pick.

Pat's fans are always crowing how although they might not had the best players 1-22, they do have the best 23-53 players. Now you're saying having great depth is just a wasted pick? Make up your hypocriticals minds, is it good to have talent with your depth or not??

Lag - No, I have been saying this is a horrible pick the last few years.

There are two problems with your theory. One, you can not do that with a salary cap. Yeah depth is needed, but that is why you use a 4th round pick on a back-up.

Two, the Jets were not Superbowl champions or even close. Look at all the other players you could have had at that time.

I am of the party that believes Lamont will be very good and in the near future your basically have to cut the cord with CuMar and you are no closer to finding a replacement.

I am of the party that believes Lamont will be very good and in the near future your basically have to cut the cord with CuMar and you are no closer to finding a replacement.

Holy crap, why didn't I think of that? Cut the cord with Martin? GENIUS!!!

I can't wait to drive over to Hempstead and tell this wonderful news to Bradway.

Then when he laughs at my face and tells me how by cutting the cord we'd be in the Afghanistan of cap situations I'll just tell him it was all your idea.

I can't wait to drive over to Hempstead and tell this wonderful news to Bradway.

Then when he laughs at my face and tells me how by cutting the cord we'd be in the Afghanistan of cap situations I'll just tell him it was all your idea.

:lol::lol: BRILLIANT!!! :lol::lol:

When is it going to be a right time? A few years ago when you were not a contender or in a few years when you are closer to the prize?

Archived