3 weeks to learn the offense

LionelRichie

favre definitely has the skills to lead the team but does he have the time? 3 weeks to learn the offense, 1 week for the gameplan - time is not on the jets side here.

Yep not much time. I see it going down like this:

Favre tries his best to catch up during the preseason

Favre has a rough first couple of games and throws some ints as the offense is still out of synch.

The Chadinistas are up in arms yelling I told you so, Favre stinks we should have kept Penny he is the greatest Jets QB of all time.

We then argue all day long on the board about Chad vs Favre instead of Chad vs Kellen.

I was thinking that too. Even so, 31 days isn't exactly ideal.

Neither are flipflops in the sand but most people still wear them...

in all seriousness, we'll struggle or have a simple playbook early on... I think the last 10-12 games our offense will be much better than the 1st 4.

He doesn't have to learn the entire playbook all at once, we'll slowly add more to the offense as time goes on.

McNair didn't have much time a few years back for the Ravens either, but iirc they went 14-2 or something that year. Of course, McNair is probably a bit smarter than Favre, but even so, I think Favre will be okay.

He doesn't have to learn the entire playbook all at once, we'll slowly add more to the offense as time goes on.

McNair didn't have much time a few years back for the Ravens either, but iirc they went 14-2 or something that year. Of course, McNair is probably a bit smarter than Favre, but even so, I think Favre will be okay.

McNair was also very average, the D more than carried that Baltimore team.

Archived