Predict Brett Favre's Stats

Maxman

They say hes getting 12 plays which is probably 2 drives, but Favre said there gonan ask him how hes feeling and he said he could say put me in for another is he wants.

so I see him getting 17 plays. 9-12 75 yards 1TD, 0int

just for fun heres what I think Jones, cotchery, coles, and Keller gets. . Jones- 5 carries 37 yards. Cotchery 4 rec 36 yards. Coles 3 rec, 27 yards. Keller 2 rec, 12 yards.

Favre does not need to throw for 4000 yards with the Jets all he needs to do is move back the saftey and the Jets offense will be much better. Stats is not that important for him the fact that he has an arm and not wet noodle will be a big factor in our run game improving.

That and the ability to bring a team from behind. We have not had that since I don't know when. Maybe O'Brien at times. Hopefully, we will not need to that often if we really have a good ball control offense, solid defense and outstanding special teams like I expect.

The players who I am really looking at today:

1st team Defense - This group was really struggling vs The Browns last time out, especially Miller at RCB. I want to see a lot more from them today, there must be much more pressure on the QB and just better overall penetration. If the Redskins are able to run all over us and Campbell has all kinds of time to throw, then I'll start to be very worried about this group and its development.

David Clowney - Hopefully he gets some reps with the first team, otherwise I'm not really interested. I want to see if he can be the player some are making out.

Vernon Gholston - He looked very out of place in the 1st pre-season game. I can't complain too much though, I know it will take some time for him to adjust. Hopefully he at least shows a flash or two of brilliance, to help remind me just why we took him where we did.

Dustin Keller - He's apparently been ripping it up in TC, I want to see this translate onto the field. I want us to be able to utilize his physical attributes in full force by the time of the new season.

Brett Ratliff/Kellen Clemens - It will be interesting to see how these two do. I'm not buyin Ratliff moving up to 2nd string QB, however if Clemens struggles badly and Ratliff lights it up again the pressure will be on KC, big time.

That and the ability to bring a team from behind. We have not had that since I don't know when. Maybe O'Brien at times. Hopefully, we will not need to that often if we really have a good ball control offense, solid defense and outstanding special teams like I expect.

I agree with you 100%. We need not throw to much at Favre early on for this very reason.

14 plays total

5 of 7 passing, 72 yards. 1 TD - 0 INT. :-P

What do I win? I was a little short on the yardage but the 15 yard penalty gave the Jets a short field. I didn't have that in my calculation.

:)

Archived