Jet Cuts

Irish Jet

Someone cares way to much about who long snaps on the jets this year. I thought I was a devoted fan. Man, you take the cake. I admire you level of caring and commitment to this team that you take the time to actually worry about the long snapper. Kudos on you for that.

The point is, with Dearth we don't have to worry about who long snaps. It's a non-issue. Start trying other guys, worse guys you are trying to use at other positions and see how fast you start hearing "Who the **** is the long snapper?" Plenty of playoff games are decided by the long snapper. Giants lost one a while back to the Niners.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August 30, 2008 -- The New York Jets have submitted the following transactions to reduce their roster to 53 players. The announcement was made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Waived/Injured:

S Cameron Worrell

Released:

LB Matt Chatham

DB Hank Poteat

Waived:

WR David Ball

OL Jacob Bender

WR Larry Brackins

DB Rudy Burgess

RB Jehuu Caulcrick

OL Stanley Daniels

OL Kyle DeVan

OL Nate Garner

DB James Ihedigbo

DL Thomas Johnson

DL Bryan Mattison

OL Matt McChesney

LB Blair Phillips

DL Ropati Pitoitua

TE Jason Pociask

WR Paul Raymond

LB Brandon Renkart

TE A.J. Schable

the end of the jacob bender experiment.

the end of the jacob bender experiment.

Glad to see somebody else caught this besides me. Last year, when the FO mismanaged the Kendall situation and sent him packing to the Redskins, we heard all about how Jacob Bender was a spectacular prospect and the Jets were expecting big, big things from him. Perhaps not right away, but at some point-he was overwhelming the coaches with his raw ability.

These reports came out right after Kendall was traded as a way to placate those who were worried that we were making a big, big mistake letting Kendall go.

So what happens? Not only does the Oline collapse even worse than anyone thought, but the guy the FO was touting as the long-term solution to the Kendall loss gets quietly cut the very next training camp!

Talk about handing the public a line. They never had any big plans for Bender and were never that impressed with him. They just had to say something to the fans who were afraid Kendall's departure could spell trouble for the Jets-which it certainly did.

Archived