Jet Cuts

Irish Jet

August 30, 2008 -- The New York Jets have submitted the following transactions to reduce their roster to 53 players. The announcement was made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Waived/Injured:

S Cameron Worrell

Released:

LB Matt Chatham

DB Hank Poteat

Waived:

WR David Ball

OL Jacob Bender

WR Larry Brackins

DB Rudy Burgess

RB Jehuu Caulcrick

OL Stanley Daniels

OL Kyle DeVan

OL Nate Garner

DB James Ihedigbo

DL Thomas Johnson

DL Bryan Mattison

OL Matt McChesney

LB Blair Phillips

DL Ropati Pitoitua

TE Jason Pociask

WR Paul Raymond

LB Brandon Renkart

TE A.J. Schable

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 30, 2008 -- The New York Jets have submitted the following transactions to reduce their roster to 53 players. The announcement was made by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Waived/Injured:

S Cameron Worrell

Released:

LB Matt Chatham

DB Hank Poteat

Waived:

WR David Ball

OL Jacob Bender

WR Larry Brackins

DB Rudy Burgess

RB Jehuu Caulcrick

OL Stanley Daniels

OL Kyle DeVan

OL Nate Garner

DB James Ihedigbo

DL Thomas Johnson

DL Bryan Mattison

OL Matt McChesney

LB Blair Phillips

DL Ropati Pitoitua

TE Jason Pociask

WR Paul Raymond

LB Brandon Renkart

TE A.J. Schable

With Pociask being released this means the team will only carry four Tight Ends and will keep Chatman even with his four game steroids suspension. Crazy. Had no idea Jesse was on roids.

Also, Ainge making the roster is crazy. Four QB's for no reason at all unless this Clemens to Vikings rumor holds up and is announced soon.

With Pociask being released this means the team will only carry four Tight Ends and will keep Chatman even with his four game steroids suspension. Crazy. Had no idea Jesse was on roids.

Also, Ainge making the roster is crazy. Four QB's for no reason at all unless this Clemens to Vikings rumor holds up and is announced soon.

Link to the stink??????

4 QB's and 7 WR's?!?!

Wow.

4 QB's is a surpise but 7 WR's isn't. Clowney will be back after the Bye Week and they clearly like him. I was expecting 7 WR's, its 4 QB's that is incredible, especially with Favre on the roster. Ainge should've been cut.

4 QB's is a surpise but 7 WR's isn't. Clowney will be back after the Bye Week and they clearly like him. I was expecting 7 WR's, its 4 QB's that is incredible, especially with Favre on the roster. Ainge should've been cut.

Be patient. They arent done making roster moves.

I agree, my point was that having 11 players taking up the 2 positions combined is pretty strange. For example, I know the Giants are trying to hold on to a lot of WR's so they now have 2 Qb's on their roster, cutting Anthony Wright and Andre Woodson.

Be patient. They arent done making roster moves.

Pretty sure they are. They're at 54 players including Chatman but I guess since he's suspended for the first four games that he doesn't count and its technically 53.

Waived/Injured:

S Cameron Worrell

Released:

LB Matt Chatham

DB Hank Poteat

Waived:

WR David Ball

OL Jacob Bender

WR Larry Brackins

DB Rudy Burgess

RB Jehuu Caulcrick

OL Stanley Daniels

OL Kyle DeVan

OL Nate Garner

DB James Ihedigbo

DL Thomas Johnson

DL Bryan Mattison

OL Matt McChesney

LB Blair Phillips

DL Ropati Pitoitua

TE Jason Pociask

WR Paul Raymond

LB Brandon Renkart

TE A.J. Schable

My one gripe is they kept Barrett and released Poteat???

Poteat is strictly a Cornerback while Barrett can play both Corner and Safety. Still, it pisses me off as well. Cut Barrett, keep Poteat and instead of keeping a fourth QB keep Ihedigbo as your 4th Safety.

Archived