A-ROD says Yanks out of it

SouthernJet

SEATTLE - Even Alex Rodriguez seems to have realized that the Yankees are not playoff-bound.

After a 5-2 loss to the Mariners yesterday knocked them into fourth place in the American League East, behind the Rays, Red Sox and now the Blue Jays, Rodriguez was asked about being passed by Toronto.

"Toronto's playing really well," he said. "I'll tell you what, a lot of people should be happy they're not in the playoff race, because they'd be the scariest team, with the 1-2 punch they've got over there with [Roy] Halladay and [A.J.] Burnett."

But, Alex, if the Blue Jays are ahead of your team, and they're not in the playoff mix, what does that mean about your chances to make the playoffs?

Hello Max, i just got on board here. looks like a great site. its going to be slow going until i get used to the place. do you know if there is a Game Thread available here?

Hey Dave --

Thanks for signing up. Not sure what you mean by a game thread?

SEATTLE - Even Alex Rodriguez seems to have realized that the Yankees are not playoff-bound.

After a 5-2 loss to the Mariners yesterday knocked them into fourth place in the American League East, behind the Rays, Red Sox and now the Blue Jays, Rodriguez was asked about being passed by Toronto.

"Toronto's playing really well," he said. "I'll tell you what, a lot of people should be happy they're not in the playoff race, because they'd be the scariest team, with the 1-2 punch they've got over there with [Roy] Halladay and [A.J.] Burnett."

But, Alex, if the Blue Jays are ahead of your team, and they're not in the playoff mix, what does that mean about your chances to make the playoffs?

:rl: Not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Hey Dave --

Thanks for signing up. Not sure what you mean by a game thread?

i was wondering if someone starts a seperate thread for games that are going on so people could post during the happenings of the game. eitherJets.jpg orNewYorkYankeesBP.gif games. oh btw, last years Super Bowl was AWESOME!!!!!

i was wondering if someone starts a seperate thread for games that are going on so people could post during the happenings of the game. eitherJets.jpg orNewYorkYankeesBP.gif games. oh btw, last years Super Bowl was AWESOME!!!!!

There will be an ***Official*** game thread for every Jet game.

Sometimes there are game threads for the Yankees when they have an important game or series. Haven't seen one of those since July.

Archived