Red Sox acquire a reliever -Remlinger from Cubs

faba

Red Sox get Remlinger, cash for AstacioAssociated Press

Related Video:

Graffanino's 4 RBI power Sox past Rangers

BOSTON -- The Boston Red Sox tried to bolster their bullpen with yet another left-hander, getting Mike Remlinger and cash from the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday for minor league pitcher Olivo Astacio.

Mike Remlinger

Relief Pitcher

Chicago Cubs

2005 SEASON STATISTICS

GM W L BB K ERA

35 0 3 12 30 4.91

The AL East-leading Red Sox cut lefties Alan Embree and John Halama last month. Remlinger was designated for assignment by the Cubs last Friday.

Remlinger, 39, was 0-3 with a 4.91 ERA in 35 games. He was sidelined from May 21 to June 5 because of a broken finger on his left hand. He was especially effective against righty hitters, holding them to a .210 batting average.

Remlinger had been one of the more reliable and durable lefty setup men in recent years. He was an NL All-Star in 2002 with Atlanta, which came during a stretch in which he made at least 70 appearances in five straight seasons.

Last year, he was 1-2 with two saves and a 3.44 ERA in 48 games for the Cubs, and twice was on the disabled list. Remlinger also has pitched for the Giants, Mets and Reds.

Astacio, a 21-year-old righty, is 7-11 with a 4.33 ERA in 38 career games in the Boston system, spending much of his time in the rookie Gulf Coast League.

In another roster move, the Cubs recalled outfielder Corey Patterson from Triple-A Iowa and optioned infielder Ronny Cedeno to Iowa.

I hope you all realize this:

No sooner did JonEJinx author this wiseass post than did the OBVIOUS Yankee equivalent of geriatric, scrub-a$$ gas-can Mike Remlinger, Alan Embree, gave up the game LOSING bomb.

Red Sox Nation thanks you!!!

Hey Pinocchio...did that really happen or is this another bosox version of the truth?

Hey Pinocchio...did that really happen or is this another bosox version of the truth?

"as soon as Podsednik goes into the stands for the foul ball, 5 Yankees fans attack him with machettes and closed fists until he's bleeding on the outfield warning track"

Just doing a public service and pointing out what hypocritical scumbag lying weasels you Yankee homers are.

Boy smizzy, did you pick the wrong time to jump back on the Yankees bandwagon!

I mean, they get shut down by Jose Contreras? Hey...I thought he didnt have the Nads to pitch in NY?!?!?!

Just doing a public service and pointing out what hypocritical scumbag lying weasels you Yankee homers are.

Boy smizzy, did you pick the wrong time to jump back on the Yankees bandwagon!

I mean, they get shut down by Jose Contreras? Hey...I thought he didnt have the Nads to pitch in NY?!?!?!

Hey sh*tneck....im so sick and tired of you calling me out for no reason whatsoever...Untill you actually start to make some sense and stop being a yankee hating dick....Go **** yourself...I don't need to talk to you.

I told you ...Im immortal...you're a nobody with an ego,go figure.

Go blow ted williams dead carcass.

OH...so its OK for you to say "go blow Ted Williams dead carcass" huh? And you insinuated I have no class in the "Contreras thread" because I called I called him a piece of sh*t for deserting his family in Cuba???

And youre gonna defile the sacred name of the greatest hitter EVER? Well 2 can play at that game buddy.

Hey smizzy, Thurmon Munson wants to give you flyin lessons!

OH...so its OK for you to say "go blow Ted Williams dead carcass" huh? And you insinuated I have no class in the "Contreras thread" because I called I called him a piece of sh*t for deserting his family in Cuba???

And youre gonna defile the sacred name of the greatest hitter EVER? Well 2 can play at that game buddy.

Hey smizzy, Thurmon Munson wants to give you flyin lessons!

Cool...right after i have finish my Ted Williams Ice pop...K?

Archived