12 years ago today.

I think you might be mixing up your Mayhem members. Euronymous was stabbed 27 times by Vikernes 12 years ago today.

You're probably thinking of Dead, who shot himself, and the photo was used for a bootleg album cover.

Dead.jpg

That is just nasty.

By the way, these black metal dudes are satanists right? Althogh supposedly the guy who stabbed that other guy was an odinist (He believes in ODIN the god of war)

LL

yup i mixed em up. i thought the time line was funky....

ll these guys dont really believe or worship satan, they just dont believe much in god either, and it makes for good metal lyrics to praise the dark lord our savior in black king satan 666 ave satanas

You're close enough there. A few of them did, and still do go for the satanic stuff, a few others went for the odinist theme, though it was more of an extension of a old Norwegian nationalist idea (ie the Vikings were the strongest in the world, then christianity came along and screwed it up for everybody).

Most of them quickly realised it was the music that counted. However the majority of them are still anti-christian. Might not believe in anything, but still despise organised religion.

Regarding Vikernes (the murderer), he believes whatever he can to justify his racism. If the bible said it was ok to hate blacks, he'd be a committed Christian. He's just a piece of shit.

Archived