2 calls were the game

madmike1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, sad excuses Madmike.

It was blatant offensive PI from Cotch, he prevented a pick by shoving O'Neal out of the way.

The things that ****ed this team up were simply:

The missed FG, The pussified playcalling from the 2 yard line.

Had we taken a 10-3 or 10-6 lead, it would have been a different game IMO.

I hope to god there's a video of this PI on Cotch, IMO he didn't "throw" the guy to the ground. Should've been a non-call.

We lost because our offense doesn't have any game changers on it to help Favre. That's just fact.

So you were sitting upper deck at the game watching all the open receivers that Brett missed? I wasn't either - but there are people posting tonight that were and stated just that. There were plenty of guys open at various times and by more than a half step. Not knocking Brett at all - he probably needs more than 20 practices with a team to be somewhat effective.

Face it madmike, he's right.

First off, Feely misses an automatic FG. Of course, we're used to seeing Jets kickers missing 30 yarders.

We also had a golden opportunity with 1st and Goal at their own 3, and Schotty clearly didn't make the right calls. He finally got it right when Favre connected with Stucky, but it was too late by then.

Favre also showed some of his flaws, like the pick to Merriweather, and not taking a fall quickly enough to avoid a 20 yard sack. I hated that PI call against Cotchery, but I hated our offensive playcalling even more.

Dude the other mistakes the jets made had NOTHING to do with those 2 plays.

I hope to god there's a video of this PI on Cotch, IMO he didn't "throw" the guy to the ground. Should've been a non-call.

I never said he threw him to the ground. But he shoved him and had O'Neal done that to Cotch, I have no doubt he would've been flagged. IMO it was blatant and I'm pretty sure Cotch knew what he was doing, O'Neal was in a MUCH better position to make a play on the ball.

So you were sitting upper deck at the game watching all the open receivers that Brett missed? I wasn't either - but there are people posting tonight that were and stated just that. There were plenty of guys open at various times and by more than a half step. Not knocking Brett at all - he probably needs more than 20 practices with a team to be somewhat effective.

Oh give me a break. I'm sure he missed 1 or 2... I don't doubt it. I bet every QB does. However, someone sitting in the upper deck has NO CLUE if the receiver was open at the time Favre needed him to be open to deliver the ball. He also has no idea if there was a throwing lane there......or if he was the primary wr, etc.

Fact is our wrs are good wrs, but not #1s..

I never said he threw him to the ground. But he shoved him and had O'Neal done that to Cotch, I have no doubt he would've been flagged. IMO it was blatant and I'm pretty sure Cotch knew what he was doing, O'Neal was in a MUCH better position to make a play on the ball.

And Moss does that on every play and NEVER gets flagged. It was a toss up call and it went the cheaters way as usual.

To back up your point.. you didn't see a soul on the field complain.

is a good running back. I don't feel all 3 of those runs were his fault. The OL needs to be in the end zone, coming off the ball hard. They weren't on any of the 3 plays.

At the Goaline he is awful, Really awful. He doesn't push a pile and doesn't hit the hole hard enough. Hence the 1 rushing TD throughout 07. He is horrible in short yardage, I would have much rather seen Leon in there. It was sooooooo predictable.

No way, Cotch came back for the ball and O'neal slipped, and his body wasn't fully turned around. Its a moot point really, but we'll see some Pats game this year where Moss FULLY extend his arms and pushes the DB to make the catch, and there will be NO call. Watch, we've seen this **** last year.

At the Goaline he is awful, Really awful. He doesn't push a pile and doesn't hit the hole hard enough. Hence the 1 rushing TD throughout 07. He is horrible in short yardage, I would have much rather seen Leon in there. It was sooooooo predictable.

No, he actually is not really awful. He wasn't great last year because of the line, but in Chicago he was actually pretty good.

So he's really awful based on 18 games? Come on, he's had a longer career.

Leon washington on a short yardage situation. That's funny.

And Moss does that on every play and NEVER gets flagged. It was a toss up call and it went the cheaters way as usual.

I know Moss pushes off a lot, that I agree with. Not something I can complain about today though, when Moss does it he seems to be trying to adjust himself to get the catch. Still totally illegal and it's a disgrace that they never call it. When Cotch done it though he was clearly, first and foremost, trying to prevent the pick. That's what made it even more blatant.

Who gives a crap what happened 8 years ago?

If it makes you feel better, keep blaming the refs for your teams failure to win a big game.

A big game in week 2? Stop being melodramatic troll. Your team is still mediocre and needed help to win today. You're going nowhere.

Moss had more PI penalties than any offensive WR in the NFL last year.

The trick is doing it and not getting flagged.

Cotchery push off today was blatant.

and it was a GOOD play by cotchery. It would have been a pick. However, it was a penalty, just a smart one to take.

No, he actually is not really awful. He wasn't great last year because of the line, but in Chicago he was actually pretty good.

So he's really awful based on 18 games? Come on, he's had a longer career.

Leon washington on a short yardage situation. That's funny.

Funny how Leon had a few more rushing TD's than Jones last season despite having far less carries.

Not saying he'd be great by any means but heck he couldn't be worse than TJ. Also, the reason we were in that position was through some great running from Leon to set us up, where he broke a lot of tackles.

I don't mind them giving Jones a shot but to do it three ****ing times is inexcusable, the Pats were waiting on the run. It was NEVER going to work.

Here's what I don't get about the game today.

The Jets have a HOF QB and the Pats have two (Hobbs and O'Neil) questionable CB's and Mangini/Shotty do not go after them.

Sorry to say, but the Jets offensive game plan sucked today.

Every questionable CB's can be effective when they are allowed to mug WR's all game.

Funny how Leon had a few more rushing TD's than Jones last season despite having far less carries.

Not saying he'd be great by any means but heck he couldn't be worse than TJ. Also, the reason we were in that position was through some great running from Leon to set us up, where he broke a lot of tackles.

I don't mind them giving Jones a shot but to do it three ****ing times is inexcusable, the Pats were waiting on the run. It was NEVER going to work.

So because Leon Washington had more TDs, we should use him in Short yardage, that makes absolutely no sense.

Thomas Jones is not the problem. The Line's push was the problem. Maybe 3 times wasn't the BEST planning, but any team worth their weight in salt should have been able to score.

The Jets have a HOF QB and the Pats have two (Hobbs and O'Neil) questionable CB's and Mangini/Shotty do not go after them.

That was by design.

Belichick took away Farves long ball and made him be patient. I saw frustration on Farves face. He wanted the home run. Futhermore, Smerlas was dead on. Farve is slow footed in his old age. He cannot elude the rush like he did in his heyday.

ONeil and Hobbs played damn good.

So because Leon Washington had more TDs, we should use him in Short yardage, that makes absolutely no sense.

Thomas Jones is not the problem. The Line's push was the problem. Maybe 3 times wasn't the BEST planning, but any team worth their weight in salt should have been able to score.

Yeah, I don't see how Leon having more TD's wouldn't influence a desicion when you're looking for a TD.:confused0058:

On at least one of the runs (think it was the 2nd), the line got sufficient push where I'd guarantee 80% of the starting backs in this league would spring their way into the endzone. TJ is incapable of doing that for whatever ****ing reason.

Jets did go after their CB's, however whenever there was a big play it was called back with penalties...a couple of 3 n outs, defense gets tired, bring in some fresh legs (Jordan) its a wrap. Good win, good luck with Cassel the rest of the way. Until we meet again...

Just curious, what is your excuse on how the Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets DLine the entire 2nd half?

Were the refs responsible for that too?

It wasn't the entire 2nd half, pretty sure we opened with 3 plays for negative yardage to force a 3 and out but eventually we wore down and you guys had a fresh back in Jordan. He was running hard and our defenders just looked to be out of gas.

Early on, we more than held our own in the trenches. Something that never would have occured with a Jets team vs the Pats before this season.

I can't, because I only listened to the game on radio.

The announcers said Cotchery mugged O'Neil to the ground BEFORE the flag was thrown.

Cotchery push off today was blatant.

Not to argue the call, but you were able to determine that it was a blatant penalty by listening to the game on the radio?

Glad you're back TX, and also that you're okay after the storm came through:cheers:

Yeah, I don't see how Leon having more TD's wouldn't influence a desicion when you're looking for a TD.:confused0058:

On at least one of the runs (think it was the 2nd), the line got sufficient push where I'd guarantee 80% of the starting backs in this league would spring their way into the endzone. TJ is incapable of doing that for whatever ****ing reason.

Because TDs scored from 15 yds out do not help you on a 1 yd power run. That's why.

No, not a 1 of those runs got good push.

He can't elude the rush? He looked very good extending plays by rolling out and making big throws. I sometimes wonder if people even watch the games.

We had 10 passing attempts over 20 yards.

You have to be kidding.

Attempts ?? Who the F cares about attempts?

Many of the those 20 yard plays that he made came because of YAC. He certainly didnt complete 10 plays for 20 yards.

BTW, Cassel had virtually indentical passing numbers as Farve.

Regarding Farves lack of speed, he lost about 20 yards on the Adalius Thomas sack trying to avoid him. Under durress last week vs Miami he lobbed up a Hail Mary for a TD. Face it, the dude is old.

Jets didnt deserve to win. They got outcoached and outplayed.

But that PI call on Cotchery was BS. Watch it on replay in slow motion, the CB tripped on his own feet and fell by himself. Sure Cotchery touched him, but nothing out of the ordinary and it wasnt the reason the CB slipped.

Plays like that should be challengeable.

Archived