Jets sign P Reggie Hodges

i dont care about punt avg..doesnt take into effect how high punt is,,,i want to know net after punt and return,,thats all that counts

Your exactly right SJ. Grahams punts that had ANY distance to them last week were returned for big yardage. NET YARDAGE is all that should count. We had CRAP field position the entire game last week and I blame Graham for alot of that.

This is from Hodges scouting report when he was drafted in 2005:

BIO: First-team All-Conference selection as a senior after averaging 42.6 yards on 73 punts, pinning opponents inside the 20-yard line twenty-five times. Had a long of 65 yards.

POSITIVES: Explosive athlete and big legged punter. Quickly gets the ball off his foot, then tremendous hang time on punts and pins opponents deep. Can flip the field with long punts and also effective directional kicking.

NEGATIVES: Prone to an occasional shank and not overly consistent.

ANALYSIS: Coming off a great combine in which he presented himself as the strongest legged punter in attendance, Hodges now sits as the number two prospect at the position. Needs to prove his consistency yet a solid middle round choice.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round

This is from Hodges scouting report when he was drafted in 2005:

BIO: First-team All-Conference selection as a senior after averaging 42.6 yards on 73 punts, pinning opponents inside the 20-yard line twenty-five times. Had a long of 65 yards.

POSITIVES: Explosive athlete and big legged punter. Quickly gets the ball off his foot, then tremendous hang time on punts and pins opponents deep. Can flip the field with long punts and also effective directional kicking.

NEGATIVES: Prone to an occasional shank and not overly consistent.

ANALYSIS: Coming off a great combine in which he presented himself as the strongest legged punter in attendance, Hodges now sits as the number two prospect at the position. Needs to prove his consistency yet a solid middle round choice.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round

Sounds good. Thanks for the report. One thing, though: What does "explosive athlete" mean when you're talking about a punter?

He roomed with Otto Graham, right?

haha..

I think assmop is referring to me winning 1st Ford PP&K...New York region,,

before it got huge and they only had region winners..

all you got was trophy and football,,i played with mine,,but i found this one on ebay,,i also got a very cool jacket,,it was Gianst ssince I was from Buffalo area,,and it was NFL sponsored, not AFL

997a_12.JPG

Archived