Porter calls it like it is.... Is Mangini the answer...

CoachTsurfing

Well, I'm still shocked that the phins beat the pats and we couldn't. But honestly, Porter called it exactly like it needed to be done. Blitz when you needed to and put pressure on the QB. So, I've been asking myself is Mangini really the best coach to be coaching our team????

Mangini is god.

Think about this. Last yr, we barely had any film on Cassell, and noone had an idea of what kind of gameplan they would come up with Cassell. Miami got to see all that... and thehy exposed him.

Stop it please, Miami put pressure on him... its that simple... something the JETS couldnt do...

You act like he is a HOF QB that the JETS had 0 film on... the guy played in 4 pre-season games and he sucks...

THEY SHOULDNT NEED FILM ON HIM!

Well, I'm still shocked that the phins beat the pats and we couldn't. But honestly, Porter called it exactly like it needed to be done. Blitz when you needed to and put pressure on the QB. So, I've been asking myself is Mangini really the best coach to be coaching our team????

Mangini will be a great coach.

Not now and certainly not with the Jets. He has made no adjustments and learned nothing since becoming a HC. He reminds me a lot of BB during the Browns days. He simply refuses to see the light and coaches with no guts. I loved the choice at first......I sincerely want to be worng about him...but I doubt it. Even an older coach like Coughlin has made changes within himself, yet Mangini has not....what does that tell you?

Cassel played like garbage but the arse kicking the Pats got today was on defense.

Mangini will be a great coach.

Not now and certainly not with the Jets. He has made no adjustments and learned nothing since becoming a HC. He reminds me a lot of BB during the Browns days. He simply refuses to see the light and coaches with no guts. I loved the choice at first......I sincerely want to be worng about him...but I doubt it. Even an older coach like Coughlin has made changes within himself, yet Mangini has not....what does that tell you?

BINGO!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Cassel played like garbage but the arse kicking the Pats got today was on defense.

it looked to me like Belichick didn't WANT to expose him today. I saw only Chad Pennington pass plays coming from NE-3,4, and 5 yard tosses-nothing down field and Moss....holy ****...that guy friggin quit on you

Stop it please, Miami put pressure on him... its that simple... something the JETS couldnt do...

You act like he is a HOF QB that the JETS had 0 film on... the guy played in 4 pre-season games and he sucks...

Having film helps DRAMATICALLY. He's not a HOF QB but that has absolutely nothing to do with this. Preseason doesnt include gameplanning

The Jets defense gave up 20 points to the Pats and sacked Cassel 3 times. One TD came after an INT set it up and the special teams play had the entire game being played in the Jets side of the field. The mighty Phins gave up 13 points to the Pats.

I have a feeling it was what the Phins offense did to the Pats D that made the difference.

Having film helps DRAMATICALLY. He's not a HOF QB but that has absolutely nothing to do with this. Preseason doesnt include gameplanning

:rl:

Yes if the JETS had film on Matt Cassell, who ran the exact same offense as Brady just not as well they would have won...

Stop it.

BINGO!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Thanks for your input EC...

As for the post he was responding too, I disagree that he hasn't changed at all. And I disagree that he is gutless. Blaming the coach is always easy, but the simple truth is that he is a fine coach. We lost a game we probably should have won, boo hoo, its football, it happens. Its a long season and we're 1-1. Lets move on please.

Yes if the JETS had film on Matt Cassell, who ran the exact same offense as Brady just not as well they would have won...

Stop it.

if you think they ran the same exact plays and offense, then there is no sense continuing this conversation because you're clueless.

The Jets defense gave up 20 points to the Pats and sacked Cassel 3 times. One TD came after an INT set it up and the special teams play had the entire game being played in the Jets side of the field. The mighty Phins gave up 13 points to the Pats.

I have a feeling it was what the Phins offense did to the Pats D that made the difference.

Oh, you mean lining Ronnie Brown up to get the direct snap, so he could run and/or pass for one of his FIVE tds..... yeah, I agree.

I also buy into the Cassel game-planning. We rattled that kid, and showed Miami that he would be doing a lot of short stuff and that pressure would be effective.

Pretty sure Maroney and Jordan not playing helped out a bit as well.

As for the post he was responding too, I disagree that he hasn't changed at all. And I disagree that he is gutless. Blaming the coach is always easy, but the simple truth is that he is a fine coach. We lost a game we probably should have won, boo hoo, its football, it happens. Its a long season and we're 1-1. Lets move on please.

He is stubborn... plain and simple... hwo can you not see that? He hasnt adjusted... he doesnt put his players in the best position to win games... he puts them in his system his way regardless of their skillset...

He is gutless... he plays scared and wont play for the win against good teams... especially BB...

I may be wrong about this, but I think that the Jets did not Blitz last week until the 3rd series. When they got to him, they rang his bell and answered his phone as well. Yet, they insisted with backing off. Granted, the loss was 95 % based on the fact that our offense just stunk up the joint mostly based on terrible play calling...But my thought was that from the first defensive play of the game, you attack him with the kitchen sink. Mangini failed us in all phases of that game.

if you think they ran the same exact plays and offense, then there is no sense continuing this conversation because you're clueless.

It was the same style offense... a lot of slants... a few long balls (less wihtout brady) some mroe slants, the running stayed the same...

How did their offense change? Its like having a ****ty brady on the field who checks down every ball... same plays ****ty QB...

You think the re-wrote the playbook for Matt Cassell?

According to your logic...Hermano and Booway, should still run the show.

It was the same style offense... a lot of slants... a few long balls (less wihtout brady) some mroe slants, the running stayed the same...

How did their offense change? Its like having a ****ty brady on the field who checks down every ball... same plays ****ty QB...

You think the re-wrote the playbook for Matt Cassell?

Obviously not, but they called plays that they thought SUITED HIM. That's only OBVIOUS.

agreed on lets move on, but here's the thing. We can't move on if Mangini can't learn from his mistakes and right now that's what we're getting. I think Mangini can be a good coach he is just so friggin stubborn. Like trying to run a defense we don't have the personnel for. Like running the same goal line play three times in a row. He has to learn to adapt and I don't know if he can at this stage of his career. Which sucks, because some other team is going to get the benefit of his learning curve with us. Go Jets!!!!!

Obviously not, but they called plays that they thought SUITED HIM. That's only OBVIOUS.

The plays were the same... he made different reads is all... and he doesnt change the plays as often as brady...

The gameplan VS a QB like that... film or no film is to Blitz the **** oyut of him and make him beat you.

agreed on lets move on, but here's the thing. We can't move on if Mangini can't learn from his mistakes and right now that's what we're getting. I think Mangini can be a good coach he is just so friggin stubborn. Like trying to run a defense we don't have the personnel for. Like running the same goal line play three times in a row. He has to learn to adapt and I don't know if he can at this stage of his career. Which sucks, because some other team is going to get the benefit of his learning curve with us. Go Jets!!!!!

Literally... not even 3 different running plays... it was the same damn play with the same damn motion letting the D know where the ball was oging... UGH

He is stubborn... plain and simple... hwo can you not see that? He hasnt adjusted... he doesnt put his players in the best position to win games... he puts them in his system his way regardless of their skillset...

He is gutless... he plays scared and wont play for the win against good teams... especially BB...

Ecurb, I want to hear how you came to the conclusion that Mangini doesn't play for the win... I know you'll dodge the question and never give me a real answer, but I'd love to see you try.

Also, Im assuming you're referring to the 3-4, 4-3 debate again, even though that should be solved now. But anyway, look at last years roster, look at any good 4-3, and tell me how a 4-3 wouldve been so dramatically better. Tell me how switching to a 4-3 would've reversed a 4-12 season and gotten us to the playoffs. I want answers, please, share your knowledge with me.

I don't understand why you think he hasn't adjusted, did he not realize that his OL sucked last year, and hire a new OL coach? Has he not changed his playbook at all after the acquisition of Brett Favre? Has the 3-4 defense he installed fail in the ultimate goal of 3-4 defenses of 'bend but don't break' at all this season? Even last season, can't really remember any opponents running up the score on us other than the Pats week 1 and the Cowboys over Thanksgiving...

Please, enlighten me Ecurb, I want some explanations...

Literally... not even 3 different running plays... it was the same damn play with the same damn motion letting the D know where the ball was oging... UGH

Thats not bad coaching, if that had worked and TJ had scored on that play we would be praising Mangini for his genious in sending a message both to his OL and to the defense... You can know whats coming and still not stop it. From 1 yd out and the OL we have, that should be the case.

So, I've been asking myself is Mangini really the best coach to be coaching our team????

You do realize that Favre having NOT learned the offense is why the coaching staff has no choice but to simplify things enough so that you can't surprise no one. As to last year, it turned out that Pennington had this high ankle injury, and we had no OL. These facts also severely limited the coaching staff. Let's be factual here and try to control some of the emotional reactions here.

Ecurb, I want to hear how you came to the conclusion that Mangini doesn't play for the win... I know you'll dodge the question and never give me a real answer, but I'd love to see you try.

Also, Im assuming you're referring to the 3-4, 4-3 debate again, even though that should be solved now. But anyway, look at last years roster, look at any good 4-3, and tell me how a 4-3 wouldve been so dramatically better. Tell me how switching to a 4-3 would've reversed a 4-12 season and gotten us to the playoffs. I want answers, please, share your knowledge with me.

I don't understand why you think he hasn't adjusted, did he not realize that his OL sucked last year, and hire a new OL coach? Has he not changed his playbook at all after the acquisition of Brett Favre? Has the 3-4 defense he installed fail in the ultimate goal of 3-4 defenses of 'bend but don't break' at all this season? Even last season, can't really remember any opponents running up the score on us other than the Pats week 1 and the Cowboys over Thanksgiving...

Please, enlighten me Ecurb, I want some explanations...

The offense has the same handcuffs on it this year as it did last...

Not 3-4/4-3 more specific than that... making CB's play man coverage that arent capable of it just because his play calls for it... making LBs (like Vilma) try to blitz up the middle with no Dline infront of them knowing it wont work... Not using the TE's that Chad and Favre both do GREAT with... lining up Jones for OBVIOUS runs over and over getting stuffed OVER and OVER...

You can just tell that the JETS dont go for the win,... they play to keep it close... have you watched any of the games in the last 2 years? Aside form the occasional wacky ST call there is no urgency.

You do realize that Favre having NOT learned the offense is why the coaching staff has no choice but to simplify things enough so that you can't surprise no one. As to last year, it turned that Pennington had this high ankle injury, and we had no OL. These facts also severely limited the coaching staff. Let's be factual here.

Nice try

See Chad Pennington and the Miami Dolphins. Favre knows how to play an NFL offense well enough not to be handcuffed.

Not 3-4/4-3 more specific than that... making CB's play man coverage that arent capable of it just because his play calls for it... making LBs (like Vilma) try to blitz up the middle with no Dline infront of them knowing it wont work... Not using the TE's that Chad and Favre both do GREAT with... lining up Jones for OBVIOUS runs over and over getting stuffed OVER and OVER...

You can just tell that the JETS dont go for the win,... they play to keep it close... have you watched any of the games in the last 2 years? Aside form the occasional wacky ST call there is no urgency.

Mangini did great in 2006. He was average last year.

Thats all we have to work on so far. Oh and we're 1-1 this year.

Step away from the ledge for a bit and lets see what he does this week.

Thats not bad coaching, if that had worked and TJ had scored on that play we would be praising Mangini for his genious in sending a message both to his OL and to the defense... You can know whats coming and still not stop it. From 1 yd out and the OL we have, that should be the case.

It would be a miracle! TJ is NOT a goalline Rb the whole world knows this... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many rushing TD's does he have in the redzone?

Mangini did great in 2006. He was average last year.

Thats all we have to work on so far. Oh and we're 1-1 this year.

Step away from the ledge for a bit and lets see what he does this week.

Im not at the ledge.. Im getting a running start from 100 feet away... lol

I see no signs of progression... just more regression... I cant help but be scared...

Ecurb, stop it already...

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just talking to talk?

Making CB's play man coverage, oh my, how rediculous for him to assume that an NFL CB is capable of guarding his man!!!! How could he?!?!?!?

Not using the TE's...Really? I recall Favre throwing to Keller and Baker and Franks a lot the 1st two weeks.

Stop man, just stop.

Ecurb, stop it already...

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just talking to talk?

Making CB's play man coverage, oh my, how rediculous for him to assume that an NFL CB is capable of guarding his man!!!! How could he?!?!?!?

Not using the TE's...Really? I recall Favre throwing to Keller and Baker and Franks a lot the 1st two weeks.

Stop man, just stop.

Making David Barrett play man to man with Wes Welker is bad coaching, you need to bring help... he cant keep up with him... Im not tlaking the good CB's the bad ones who need help...

AS for the TE's

Keller - 1 catch 19 yards

Baker - 2 catches 34 yards

Franks - 4 catches 15 yards

WTF are you watching?

Archived