Yankees interested in Hudson

NIGHT STALKER

The Yankees are exploring a possible bid for free-agent second baseman Orlando Hudson, and are intrigued enough by Hudson's talent and reputation as an excellent clubhouse influence to bat around the possibilities of trading talented young second baseman Robinson Cano or even signing Hudson with the idea of moving him to centerfield. The Yankees' interest in Hudson could incite a crosstown battle with the Mets, who are weighing the idea of Hudson replacing Luis Castillo at second base for them.

SI.com

Shame Cano had such a down year last season or his trade value would be high enough to easily justify a top of the rotation SP in return. Still might be able to pry one away from somebody but it'll be a tougher sell.

I would be utterly against this move. Cano is 25 and has been very productive... Hudson plays a nice second base but will be 31 and while he is a nice little clutch hitter Cano has potential to be an elite hitting middle infielder IMO. Only way you can do this if you can secure a legit arm for Cano and even then I would have to think twice.

I would be utterly against this move. Cano is 25 and has been very productive... Hudson plays a nice second base but will be 31 and while he is a nice little clutch hitter Cano has potential to be an elite hitting middle infielder IMO. Only way you can do this if you can secure a legit arm for Cano and even then I would have to think twice.

but if you turn Cano into say Hudson and Cain? Or some other young stud pitcher..I think it makes sense

Or... move Cano to CF?

Is there any reason I should be against that? We need an everyday CF who can hit. Cano hits well enough, and his defense may be better in the OF.

Thoughts?

Or... move Cano to CF?

Is there any reason I should be against that? We need an everyday CF who can hit. Cano hits well enough, and his defense may be better in the OF.

Thoughts?

I assume they meant moving Hudson to CF based on the way it was worded. I would be all for seeing what Cano could do in CF.

The Yankees are exploring a possible bid for free-agent second baseman Orlando Hudson, and are intrigued enough by Hudson's talent and reputation as an excellent clubhouse influence to bat around the possibilities of trading talented young second baseman Robinson Cano or even signing Hudson with the idea of moving him to centerfield. The Yankees' interest in Hudson could incite a crosstown battle with the Mets, who are weighing the idea of Hudson replacing Luis Castillo at second base for them.

SI.com

2nd base is high on the Mets winter needs list.

Archived