HDMI Cable.

JETSFAN5180

My neighbor goes out and buys a similiar LCD-TV like the one I own. He calls me over before dinner and says.Im taking it back the picture sucks its nowhere near as clear and true as yours. His wife and kids are also disapointed. I look over the manual 1080p take a look at the set and tell him I will be right back. I head home for an HDMI cable as he had it hooked up with a regular cable tv wire coming out of the box. I return and he asks whats that I reply a magic cable. So I hook it up into his cable box and into the tv,go to menu change the input and he now has HD-TV. A reminder for anyone with an HDTV and a convertor box without the HDMI cable you dont have TRUE 1080P HDTV.

Whoever didn't know that is an absolute ****ing idiot.

Carry on.

That all depends I had my TV installed by a major electronic big box store.They didnt supply or install the cable.I assumed they did.When I questioned it they blamed an oversight.

Im sure many dont have the HDMI cable.But what do I know.You are the expert on everything I post.

That all depends I had my TV installed by a major electronic big box store.They didnt supply or install the cable.I assumed they did.When I questioned it they blamed an oversight.

Im sure many dont have the HDMI cable.But what do I know.You are the expert on everything I post.

I'd rather not claim that title, thanks anyways. I suppose that was an oversight, but I would rather do all that myself. Not too much hassle and you know you have everything just right. People don't deserve nice HDTV's if they didn't even look up the proper stuff to get the HD out of it, in my opinion.

Besides, you can use things other than HDMI cables. Component cables work up to 1080p on some TV's, and computer display-ports can do even higher resolutions. It's not the only solution, but it's definitely the cheapest and handiest if you buy them off the likes of monoprice.

Just to clarify, no broadcast is ever in true 1080p. 1080i is the max. The only way you can watch 1080p is by watching a blu-ray or HD-DVD. The difference between 1080p and 1080i is subtle, but noticeable.

Carry on.

Carry on.

Yeah, my earlier post is quite ambiguous and inaccurate from my true beliefs. What I meant to say was whoever has an HDTV and didn't look up anything about HDTV technology or how to maximize their viewing experience is an idiot and deserves to remain in SD. Unless they got someone else to do it for them.

My bad.

Yeah, my earlier post is quite ambiguous and inaccurate from my true beliefs. What I meant to say was whoever has an HDTV and didn't look up anything about HDTV technology or how to maximize their viewing experience is an idiot and deserves to remain in SD. Unless they got someone else to do it for them.

My bad.

you're a kid. you can make mistakes.

My bad.

I know. My 78 year old neighbor who I hooked up with an HDMI cable is an absolute idiot for not knowing about HD technology and not knowing how to surf the web. ;)

The idiot is the store employee who didn't educate the consumer.

I know. My 78 year old neighbor who I hooked up with an HDMI cable is an absolute idiot for not knowing about HD technology and not knowing how to surf the web. ;)

Alright, I'll clarify again. Someone with a viable internet connection that isn't senile should look up some stuff about the product they are buying before they go out and buy it.

And, besides, if your 78 year old neighbor doesn't know how to surf the web this thread serves no use. I was assuming people of the age that surf the internet and look on sites like this would be able to look up some stuff about the product they just bought for hundreds of dollars.

Alright, I'll clarify again. Someone with a viable internet connection that isn't senile should look up some stuff about the product they are buying before they go out and buy it.

And, besides, if your 78 year old neighbor doesn't know how to surf the web this thread serves no use. I was assuming people of the age that surf the internet and look on sites like this would be able to look up some stuff about the product they just bought for hundreds of dollars.

So... all elderly people are senile? Dude still is a practicing lawyer. I sure as hell hope he isn't senile. ;P

So... all elderly people are senile? Dude still is a practicing lawyer. I sure as hell hope he isn't senile. ;P

Not necessarily. I used senile instead of a certain age to avoid disparity. But, for those who are not senile and have a connection should have already looked up at least the basics about the product they are buying. Or maybe that's just the uber-geek in me. Your neighbor wouldn't fit the internet connection part, so he's off the hook.

Good point. Knowing about technology does not make one smart.

I wouldn't trust those guys. They purposely sway consumers toward certain brands that the store gets a higher dividend off. They also play around with the monitors to give the visual edge to that brand. They also lie all the time. Very biased, them people are. Best way to get some good facts is read a product review on cnet or something similar.

By the way, my initial post was purely meant to incite 5180. I've just been digging a huge hole for myself since then. I'd advise people to look up a bit about what they want, especially if it's expensive, before buying it, if they can. It's fine if they can't for one reason or another or get the wrong facts, it just sucks for them. Those who are more knowledgeable should help them out. I take back the whole idiot thing from earlier--someone not tech-savvy might use the internet and end up with misinformation instead of no information, which in my opinion is worse. All I've done in this thread is used an extremely broad statement and clarified it to extremely specific cases, pretty silly. Oops.

I wouldn't trust those guys. They purposely sway consumers toward certain brands that the store gets a higher dividend off. They also play around with the monitors to give the visual edge to that brand. They also lie all the time. Very biased, them people are. Best way to get some good facts is read a product review on cnet or something similar.

By the way, my initial post was purely meant to incite 5180. I've just been digging a huge hole for myself since then. I'd advise people to look up a bit about what they want, especially if it's expensive, before buying it, if they can. It's fine if they can't for one reason or another or get the wrong facts, it just sucks for them. Those who are more knowledgeable should help them out. I take back the whole idiot thing from earlier--someone not tech-savvy might use the internet and end up with misinformation instead of no information, which in my opinion is worse. All I've done in this thread is used an extremely broad statement and clarified it to extremely specific cases, pretty silly. Oops.

The basics of what you said is right. If you're going to spend a lot of money on something, and the technology is new to you, you need to do a little research on it to understand exactly what you are dealing with. Otherwise you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Archived