No Herm thread?

bfett81

I figured you guys would be all over this by now. Herm lost again today. He punted on 4th and 2 from the Saints' 40 with the Chiefs trailing by 7. Only problem was we hadn't stopped the Saints during the entire second half and were playing with a skeleton crew on defense. Herm thought he'd put the game in their hands, though, instead of sticking with the offense that was actually shocking everyone and producing for the fourth straight week.

I figured you guys would be all over this by now. Herm lost again today. He punted on 4th and 2 from the Saints' 40 with the Chiefs trailing by 7. Only problem was we hadn't stopped the Saints during the entire second half and were playing with a skeleton crew on defense. Herm thought he'd put the game in their hands, though, instead of sticking with the offense that was actually shocking everyone and producing for the fourth straight week.

You should thank him for a higher draft pick.

There is no coach worse than Herm. He was absolutely a memorable coach.

We are still going through withdrawal of being drained by that Thursday night game plus close games that affect or could affect the Jets (Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Denver, Baltimore).

Personally, I just didn't have the energy to look for Herm stuff this week. But that doesn't make him any less awful.

Worst coach in the NFL.

He obviously hasn't been your coach long enough if you can still be shocked by his stupidity.

Theres no way Herm gets fired after this season.

I'm conflicted about this part.

On the one hand, no diehard NFL fan deserves Herm.

On the other hand, it's so much fun to watch him lose every week.

The reason they've been doing well - or better, to be more accurate - is he's allowing his QB to throw the football, having been forced into that by having no RB's for a month (until yesterday).

The coach of a team that is on its way to its second straight bottom-5 finish is never safe. 4-12 (after losing the last 8 straight games) in 2007 and following that up with a possible 1-15 season isn't just bad. It's Kotitesque. Everyone gets fired if that happens. The head coach, the coordinators, the GM - everyone. And deservedly a far cry from "no way" he gets fired. The whole fan base despises him. You're talking about a coach who thinks 20 points is the stuff of offensive juggernauts.

The Chiefs are playing pretty well right now and 4 games in a row they've pushed decent teams. They look like they might actually have something in Tyler Thigpen and with a VERY young roster, they could develop a lot of young talent. They really need to get rid of Herm though, the guy is a disaster.

The reason they've been doing well - or better, to be more accurate - is he's allowing his QB to throw the football, having been forced into that by having no RB's for a month (until yesterday).

Jamal Charles is damn good RB. 5+ YPC vs Tampa.

Thigpen ran the spread in College and thats the reason why KC is throwing.

The coach of a team that is on its way to its second straight bottom-5 finish is never safe. 4-12 (after losing the last 8 straight games) in 2007 and following that up with a possible 1-15 season isn't just bad. It's Kotitesque. Everyone gets fired if that happens. The head coach, the coordinators, the GM - everyone. And deservedly a far cry from "no way" he gets fired. The whole fan base despises him. You're talking about a coach who thinks 20 points is the stuff of offensive juggernauts.

KC is young and some of those guys can really play. Another good draft and watch out.

The whole fan base doesnt depise him. They are seeing progress. The ones I talk to say " 5 - 11 or 1 - 15, whats the difference? KC isnt making the playoffs anyway" Nobody expected the Chiefs to even compete this season given their terrible QB situation begining the season.

Theres no way Herm gets fired now. If KC was getting blown out 30 - 0 like the Carolina and Tenn game, then yes, but thats not happening.

Jamal Charles is damn good RB. 5+ YPC vs Tampa.

Thigpen ran the spread in College and thats the reason why KC is throwing.

KC is young and some of those guys can really play. Another good draft and watch out.

The whole fan base doesnt depise him. They are seeing progress. The ones I talk to say " 5 - 11 or 1 - 15, whats the difference? KC isnt making the playoffs anyway" Nobody expected the Chiefs to even compete this season given their terrible QB situation begining the season.

Theres no way Herm gets fired now. If KC was getting blown out 30 - 0 like the Carolina and Tenn game, then yes, but thats not happening.

He's fine. He also had some room to run if you watched it, as TB was clearly playing down to the Chiefs. Sometimes a team plays well & sometimes they don't. And it's not like Tampa has some sickly-dominant run defense anyway. The irony of this player, of course, is that Herm has already announced that he's only a part-time back.

The whole Jets fan base didn't despise Herm either. Because you know a couple of guys who like him doesn't mean anything. I'm sure you also know some people who think NE's championships are totally legit. But it's only a small sample of the population of football fans.

He's fine. He also had some room to run if you watched it, as TB was clearly playing down to the Chiefs. Sometimes a team plays well & sometimes they don't. And it's not like Tampa has some sickly-dominant run defense anyway. The irony of this player, of course, is that Herm has already announced that he's only a part-time back.

The whole Jets fan base didn't despise Herm either. Because you know a couple of guys who like him doesn't mean anything. I'm sure you also know some people who think NE's championships are totally legit. But it's only a small sample of the population of football fans.

Well, where I live (KC area) and judging from local sportsradio and TV. Many fans and media are encouraged by Thigpens play and the Chiefs team as a whole. And, the reason is that after a slow start, KC has been competitive in the last month or so.

They took the mighty Jets down to the wire. In NJ!

Herm has the total support of the Chiefs ownership. Moreso now because of recent weeks. If youre betting that Edwards will be fired, you'd have better odds wishing the Jets win another Superbowl. Best of luck.

Well, where I live (KC area) and judging from local sportsradio and TV. Many fans and media are encouraged by Thigpens play and the Chiefs team as a whole. And, the reason is that after a slow start, KC has been competitive in the last month or so.

They took the mighty Jets down to the wire. In NJ!

Herm has the total support of the Chiefs ownership. Moreso now because of recent weeks. If youre betting that Edwards will be fired, you'd have better odds wishing the Jets win another Superbowl. Best of luck.

Hahahah. That's funny. If it's true it's even funnier.

They may be encouraged by playing tough, but at some point an actual win might come in handy. Now coaches get to keep their jobs for close losses?

Archived