Keller vs. Winslow

Gas2No99

The SUPERIOR Football Player - Winslow v. Keller  

1 member has voted

1. 1. The SUPERIOR Football Player - Winslow v. Keller

• Dustin Keller - NY Jets
    • Kellen Winslow Jr. - Cleveland Browns

After watching last night's MNF game, I was thinking how Keller has similar abilities to Kellen Winslow. They both add a different dimension to their respective offense from the TE position.

They both are more receiving TEs who create match-up/coverage nightmares.

Winslow is 6'4" 250 - 4.62 Forty & Keller is 6'3" 242 - 4.55 Forty.

Obviously K2 is a half-nut with many early f#$ck-ups, but if that were factored out of the equation, who would you rather have?

I feel Keller (especially how he's stepped up these last few games) is pretty much doing what K2 was drafted #6 for back in '04. Considering Keller was tabbed at #30, the Jets got a STEAL!

A friend of mine, and yes he's a Browns fan, argues Winslow is superior despite his antics. I beg to differ and say Keller is the better player. Factor in character, and I think it's a no-brainer to go with Keller. Am I just enamored with this guy because he's been TEARING IT UP :headbang: lately

Any thoughts? I'm loving Keller and know that I'm not rating this guy with green-colored glasses. He's better than Winslow? no?

I was going to say Keller just because Winslow is a retard. But, if you take out that factor like you say, then I'm sorry I have to go with Winslow. If he's on a team that uses the te more, he'd be leading the league in receptions. The more I see Keller though the more I like him. And I hated the spot we drafted him.

Keep in mind Winslow's QB's have been Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson until 2 games ago (replaced by Brady Quinn who, while a better talent, isn't exactly Brett Favre just yet). How much worse would Frye/Anderson have been with a full-time Steve Heiden?

So it's too early to make a judgment at this point. But Keller's sure started his career off better than Winslow did.

Keep in mind Winslow's QB's have been Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson until 2 games ago (replaced by Brady Quinn who, while a better talent, isn't exactly Brett Favre just yet). How much worse would Frye/Anderson have been with a full-time Steve Heiden?

So it's too early to make a judgment at this point. But Keller's sure started his career off better than Winslow did.

You can say that again, his father didn't try and charge teams to speak with him at the combine.

I'll honestly take Keller over Winslow right now. I like what I see of Keller so far. He's a little raw but I've been impressed so far. I still say Winslows a head case . I just don't like his whole "me first attitude" . IMO he's NOT a team player.

I like Keller's potential a lot but right now Winslow's better and its by a significant amount. With below average QBs he's been argueably a top 3 TE the past few years and at worst top 5. He puts up numbers and he'd probably be dominant if he had any type of consistantly good QB play. I know everybody thinks he's a headcase and what not but that's very overblown because people just don't like his personality. Also, even though he's a bit of a tweener he's much more of a complete TE than Keller since he's an average blocker. Maybe in a few years we can have the discussion but right now there's no debate.

I think it'd be a much better question to ask whether you'd take Keller or Winslow long term and in that regard I think I'm leaning toward Keller. He's obviously a nightmare matchup and with more seasoning he can be a monster.

Archived