Breaking Down the Jets vs the 49'ers

jason423

Maybe all the accolades being thrown the New York Jets last week were a bit premature. The team came out flat against the Denver Broncos and were outworked by their opponents who cruised to victory in sloppy weather conditions. The Jets took a small step backwards looking more like the team in weeks 2 and 3 of the NFL season rather than the team that had shown up in weeks 11 and 12.

Now the Jets look to bounce back as they head out to California for the 3rd time this season making their way to San Francisco for an important game in week 14. The Jets have been a horror show out west this year being pummeled by the San Diego Chargers and humiliated by the Oakland Raiders. San Francisco hasn

Jason,

Excellent.

YOu would think Martz would be the last coordinator that the Jets defense wanted to face right now. He likes passing even when he shouldn't. If he had his way they would pass 50 and run 5.

That could be a problem for the Jets defense. Hopefully the talent differences in these rosters is enough for the Jets.

Because they can't drop this game.

Jason,

Excellent.

YOu would think Martz would be the last coordinator that the Jets defense wanted to face right now. He likes passing even when he shouldn't. If he had his way they would pass 50 and run 5.

That could be a problem for the Jets defense. Hopefully the talent differences in these rosters is enough for the Jets.

Because they can't drop this game.

Singletary and Martz agreed on balance when he got the job. Singletary wants the team to run and they have been much more since he became HC.

Singletary and Martz agreed on balance when he got the job. Singletary wants the team to run and they have been much more since he became HC.

Well I hope they continue to try that approach this week. If I were them I wouldn't run the ball at all. Maybe a QB sneak on 3rd and inches, that is it. :)

Well I hope they continue to try that approach this week. If I were them I wouldn't run the ball at all. Maybe a QB sneak on 3rd and inches, that is it. :)

Considering how Denver worked the screen on first down I'd expect to see this with Frank Gore. We all know how much Martz LOOOOOVEEES working his RB's into the pass game. It's essentially an extended handoff for them

I bet a bunch of people said the same thing about Denver last week.

Great read as usual.

But, I disagree. A loss here is demoralizing. Back to back games that you should have won that would make you a step closer to wrapping up the division with a possible first round bye.

Sure, it doesnt technically on paper put us out of anything, but mentally...it cant be a good thing.

We need to win these types of game. Good teams win these types of game. IMO, this a chance to trounce a lesser team and get things back on track and a loss hurts...BIG time.

Great read as usual.

But, I disagree. A loss here is demoralizing. Back to back games that you should have won that would make you a step closer to wrapping up the division with a possible first round bye.

Sure, it doesnt technically on paper put us out of anything, but mentally...it cant be a good thing.

We need to win these types of game. Good teams win these types of game. IMO, this a chance to trounce a lesser team and get things back on track and a loss hurts...BIG time.

Yea, like the Titans.

Great write up j423...

btw, have you picked a Jet game right yet?

Im having an awful year picking games. The last 3 years Ive been pretty rock solid with the Jets and the NFL in general. This year not so much. Off the top of my head I connected with Jets wins and losses against the Dolphins, Chargers, Cardinals, Chiefs, Bengals, and Rams. That's pretty awful.

Archived