Is Jim Dolan Out?

Maxman

Subject: NEWS REPORTS SUGGEST CABLEVISION CEO JIM DOLAN MAY BE OUT

NEWS REPORTS SUGGEST CABLEVISION CEO JIM DOLAN MAY BE OUT

"...two sources close to the elder Dolan said he is considering taking the drastic step of booting his son, CEO Jimmy Dolan, from the company's board.

Late Wednesday evening, Dolan - who through ownership of class B super-voting shares controls 75 percent of the vote - announced that he had named four new directors to the company's board." -

http://www.newyorkpost.com/business/41732.htm

"Cablevision Systems chairman and primary shareholder Charles Dolan may try to remove his son as CEO of the company due to a battle over its satellite television unit, according to a published report."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/04/technology/cablevision_battle/

"Cablevision Systems Corp. was reeling yesterday after a palace coup in which chairman Charles Dolan ousted three directors and recaptured control of the company from his rebellious CEO son, James.

As the company's stock plunged 5 percent yesterday, Wall Street assailed what an analyst called the "bizarre" turn of events, in which Charles Dolan picked five new directors, including a son-in-law, giving him a theoretical 8-7 edge on the board, which includes four Dolans." - Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzvoom044164654mar04,0,7227469,print.story?coll=ny-business-headlines

Subject: NEWS REPORTS SUGGEST CABLEVISION CEO JIM DOLAN MAY BE OUT

NEWS REPORTS SUGGEST CABLEVISION CEO JIM DOLAN MAY BE OUT

"...two sources close to the elder Dolan said he is considering taking the drastic step of booting his son, CEO Jimmy Dolan, from the company's board.

Late Wednesday evening, Dolan - who through ownership of class B super-voting shares controls 75 percent of the vote - announced that he had named four new directors to the company's board." -

http://www.newyorkpost.com/business/41732.htm

"Cablevision Systems chairman and primary shareholder Charles Dolan may try to remove his son as CEO of the company due to a battle over its satellite television unit, according to a published report."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/04/technology/cablevision_battle/

"Cablevision Systems Corp. was reeling yesterday after a palace coup in which chairman Charles Dolan ousted three directors and recaptured control of the company from his rebellious CEO son, James.

As the company's stock plunged 5 percent yesterday, Wall Street assailed what an analyst called the "bizarre" turn of events, in which Charles Dolan picked five new directors, including a son-in-law, giving him a theoretical 8-7 edge on the board, which includes four Dolans." - Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzvoom044164654mar04,0,7227469,print.story?coll=ny-business-headlines

HAHAHAHAHA, ROME IS BURNING! Let those mothers Burn!

LL

Careful Tom, the old man has taken control of his company because I see a FIRE SALE coming in connection to Cablevision & Rainbow Media.

This Maciavellian move by his ADOPTIVE father is bigger than Michael taking out Fredo!

More people may be "Swimin' with the fishies!" Make sure you're not the next Luca Brassi!

Careful Tom, the old man has taken control of his company because I see a FIRE SALE coming in connection to Cablevision & Rainbow Media.

This Maciavellian move by his ADOPTIVE father is bigger than Michael taking out Fredo!

More people may be "Swimin' with the fishies!" Make sure you're not the next Luca Brassi!

:lol::lol: Please God, make him sell the Knicks to Michael Jordan on the cheap.

Baum, does this pretty much ensure that the West Side Stadium gets built?

Not really, this move may be by the old man to simplify his move into another outlet - real estate.

If he sells off Cablevison & gets the same buyout for both the Cable Company & Rainbow Media - he could make hundred's of millions - if not a Billion for the turnover.

Perfect example was the fact that when James sold VOOM to JVC/DISH for $175 million while the elder Dolan made $225 million in the buy out of his shares of the company.

Trust me Tom, the Dolans are looking out for something BIG!

Maybe the Air rights are just the beginning...

Not really, this move may be by the old man to simplify his move into another outlet - real estate.

If he sells off Cablevison & gets the same buyout for both the Cable Company & Rainbow Media - he could make hundred's of millions - if not a Billion for the turnover.

Perfect example was the fact that when James sold VOOM to JVC/DISH for $175 million while the elder Dolan made $225 million in the buy out of his shares of the company.

Trust me Tom, the Dolans are looking out for something BIG!

Maybe the Air rights are just the beginning...

OY! Dolan Sr. is the savvy one, though, right? It's Jim that ruins everything, I'm hoping. Still, great to see justice done to a moron like Jimmy boy.

I wonder if they sell the Knicks off with the Cablevision group. We shall see.

btw Baum, can you send us a logo/link or something to your site? We're getting the front page ready for Wednesday.

Baum, does this pretty much ensure that the West Side Stadium gets built?

i think that, at this point, it's in the hands of the politicians / legal system. i think there's very little that the dolans could do, one way or the other.

bottom line:

it gets built IF-

my honest opinion? i think, in the end, it will be the jets decision, and it will get built. i think the pols will get what they want and relent; i think the laws governing financing real estate development in nyc are some of the most fluid and pliable laws in existance, and they'll be a small, albeit expensive (for woody) hurdle; i think it will cost the jets a lot more than they thought, but less than they were willing to go, so their decision will, in the end, be to build it, using more of their actual money than they ever thought they would have to, maybe even $800MM.

It looks like it's 60/40 that it gets built then?

No, actually it's more like 30/70. With the State Senate looking into the possibilities of the PILOT program being Illegal, it's more or less a loss in Manhattan.

I just do not think the JETS are willing to pay to play & that's why the project will fail!

Interesting, fellas. I know you two have been all over the stadium issue from the start and to see you two differ in terms of your predictions is surprising. You both make some good cases.

If I could express my much less informed opinion, I'd have to say it gets built, simply because money talks, and Woody's got enough of it, and seems to want the Stadium enough, to get it done. Especially with Bloomberg and Pataki behind him, I don't see how any minor politico is going to stop that train.

Archived