Starting Pitcher: Yankees closing in on Lowe

Lil Bit Special

Thank. You. God.

A real f'ing pitcher, a proven playoff winner. Not some scrub who cannot stay healthy unless its his contract year and can only perform well against the Yankees and Red Sox. And if he signs with the Yankees, that takes out one team he can actually pitch successfully again, when he's motivated enough. :rolleyes:

Screw Burnett. Sign Lowe and if you want another pitcher, sign Sheets or Pettitte. Stay away from Burnett.

1. Sabathia

2. Wang

3. Lowe

4. Pettitte

5. Joba/Hughes

Or

1. Sabathia

2. Wang

3. Sheets

4. Lowe

5. Pettitte/Joba/Hughes

What is so wrong with A.J. Burnett?

Because he CANNOT STAY HEALTHY UNLESS HE IS IN A WALK YEAR.

And because besides the Yankees & Red Sox games in 2008 he struggled once again having a 4+ ERA. He owned the Yanks & Sox and aside from that, he was hardly a top tier pitcher. He was hardly anything. The guy has Carl Pavano written all over him and I don't see how people are seeing that. Nobody cares about him being 4 years younger, so the f what? We are not planning for 2012. We are planning for the next two years while we still have guys like Posada and guys like Jeter (I mean, Jeter will be here but he won't be the same soon, he's even going down some now).

Derek Lowe stays healthy and is a proven pitcher. A proven posteason pitcher and a proven postseason pitcher whose had some very good success. Those who say he'd be nothing in the AL obviously forgot all of his solid seasons in Boston.

yea only because he can hit pretty good.. but we need a guy that is gonna go out and win games

Well, I was thinking because he's more successful in the NL and is a groundball pitcher.

But yeah, he won't have a better season that Pettitte in the AL. That's my prediction.

Archived