Ken Rosenthal is right...

MagicBizkit87

If the Yankees were to offer a contract to Mark Teixeira, and he accepts, the Red Sox can't do anything about it. Isn't that enough of a reason to offer him a contract? Obviously Manny isn't an option for Boston, so if the Yankees were to sign C.C., Tex, and A.J. there is absolutely nothing Boston can do to top that. Manny would eventually go to one of the LA's. It just makes too much sense.

If the Yankees were to offer a contract to Mark Teixeira, and he accepts, the Red Sox can't do anything about it. Isn't that enough of a reason to offer him a contract? Obviously Manny isn't an option for Boston, so if the Yankees were to sign C.C., Tex, and A.J. there is absolutely nothing Boston can do to top that. Manny would eventually go to one of the LA's. It just makes too much sense.

And you would still be in third place.

Teixeria would be an upgrade. No doubt. However, the Sox do not need him like the Yankees needed CC and Burnett. He would be nice to have. He does make them better because he at the very least provides a little protection to Big Papi. Again, the Sox off season and signing Teixeria is not make or break like the Yankees would have been if CC went to Cali or Milwaukee.

Are you saying the Yankees don't care about winning, if they don't sign Teixiera?

And you would still be in third place.

Teixeria would be an upgrade. No doubt. However, the Sox do not need him like the Yankees needed CC and Burnett. He would be nice to have. He does make them better because he at the very least provides a little protection to Big Papi. Again, the Sox off season and signing Teixeria is not make or break like the Yankees would have been if CC went to Cali or Milwaukee.

Really? What's your plan for catching the Rays?

Really? What's your plan for catching the Rays?

Hopefully, to be healthly.

As long as Ortiz' wrist and Lowell's hip are healthy, this is still the most complete team in the AL East. If we get Teixeria, they will be that much stronger and they are prooven talent.

The Rays were a great story and they have a lot good players. However, I want to see them do it again. Sonnastine, Jackson and Garza all had career years. They are also trying to break in Price. Granted, they are young and unlike AJ Burnett, will probably have long productive careers, I think this year will be a 'market correction' as they do not play that well again. I am not saying they are back to 60 win team, but how many times have we seen a bunch of young players put it together and then struggle the next year? Colorado in 2007 for example. Plus, their offense needs to not get better.

Lol

You are such a yankee hater....if anything the Sawx will be the 3rd place teamin the East

Based on what?

You replaced the 34 wins you got from Moose and Andy with production from CC and AJ. Assuming AJ who is coming off his first injury free season in his eight year career remains healthy.

The worst Yankee offense since 1995 looks to be even worse. Swisher for Giambi? :rl: Who is replacing Abreu? Yes, you get Posada back, but even his not making that much up.

Hopefully, to be healthly.

As long as Ortiz' wrist and Lowell's hip are healthy, this is still the most complete team in the AL East. If we get Teixeria, they will be that much stronger and they are prooven talent.

The Rays were a great story and they have a lot good players. However, I want to see them do it again. Sonnastine, Jackson and Garza all had career years. They are also trying to break in Price. Granted, they are young and unlike AJ Burnett, will probably have long productive careers, I think this year will be a 'market correction' as they do not play that well again. I am not saying they are back to 60 win team, but how many times have we seen a bunch of young players put it together and then struggle the next year? Colorado in 2007 for example. Plus, their offense needs to not get better.

Let's not use the injuries as part of the excuse. If we are, throw in Wang, Posada, Hughes, Matusi, Joba for a bit, etc...this goes on with every team.

Manny Ramirez is a way better hitter then Mark T. I am just saying that if were to sign Tex, there still is nothing Boston can do about it. They can't top it. Peter Gammons would cry like a bitch every night on sportscenter, and Boston would be on there way to third place in the American League East. Like I said it just makes so much sense.

Manny Ramirez is a way better hitter then Mark T. I am just saying that if were to sign Tex, there still is nothing Boston can do about it. They can't top it. Peter Gammons would cry like a bitch every night on sportscenter, and Boston would be on there way to third place in the American League East. Like I said it just makes so much sense.

That is not true.

They could trade for a Prince Fielder (who is rumored to be available) or swing a deal someplace else.

When you start GMing to steal away from your opponient, rather than what is best for your team, you are doomed to fail.

That is not true.

They could trade for a Prince Fielder (who is rumored to be available) or swing a deal someplace else.

When you start GMing to steal away from your opponient, rather than what is best for your team, you are doomed to fail.

To get Prince Fielder they may have to trade someone like Jon Lester. Does that make the Boston Red Sox's better? I don't think it does.

Besides, why shouldn't the Yankees offer Tex a contract. Do we really want Nick Swisher as our 1B for next year?

Saying that signing Tex isn't best for the Yankees is insane, there is no doubt we need the guy. It just happens to screw Boston as well.

To get Prince Fielder they may have to trade someone like Jon Lester. Does that make the Boston Red Sox's better? I don't think it does.

Besides, why shouldn't the Yankees offer Tex a contract. Do we really want Nick Swisher as our 1B for next year?

Saying that signing Tex isn't best for the Yankees is insane, there is no doubt we need the guy. It just happens to screw Boston as well.

Maynbe they trade Lester and sign Oliver perez or Ben Sheets. You can't say there is no way teh Red Sox could be better if Tex drops off the radar. That is naive

So, again I ask then, If the Yankees do not sign Tex, they did not want to improve as much as they could?

Maynbe they trade Lester and sign Oliver perez or Ben Sheets. You can't say there is no way teh Red Sox could be better if Tex drops off the radar. That is naive

So, again I ask then, If the Yankees do not sign Tex, they did not want to improve as much as they could?

What are you trying to say here? If they sign Teixeira, they make themselves a better team for it and also screw their rival, the Sox.

This was this player many years ago, his name escapes me, but the Yanks got him from the Sox, made their team better and screwed the Sox for many years after that.

What are you trying to say here? If they sign Teixeira, they make themselves a better team for it and also screw their rival, the Sox.

This was this player many years ago, his name escapes me, but the Yanks got him from the Sox, made their team better and screwed the Sox for many years after that.

So you are saying Tex is a better signing than Manny? Or you get them both? Or you sign players just to keep them away from the Red Sox?

So you are saying Tex is a better signing than Manny? Or you get them both? Or you sign players just to keep them away from the Red Sox?

I want a bat. I have no preference whether it's Manny or Teixeira. Hell, sign both if you can. You sign players to get better and if it means screwing the competition along the way, that's even better.

Sox ain't trading Lester.

The Yankees don't need Teixeria. They NEED Manny Ramirez.

Are you saying Nick Swisher is a long term solution? :rl: Besides being 8 years younger, Teixera is as close to being Manny (i.e. hit for average and power) as any young player not named Pujols.

Tex and Pujols should NOT be mentioned in the same sentence

I am not saying that, but as I said. Teixeria is as close to being that as anyone not named Rodriguez, Ramirez or Pujols. He is not that good, but he is close.

Of course it doesn't make the Red Sox better. That's why you can dream all you want but the Red Sox are NOT trading Lester.

That why I wonder what makes him think he's worth 180 million . I think he's going to be way overpaid.

That is true of everybody.

He will be 29 a week into the season. He provides Gold Glove defense at first. He switch hits. He hits for a decent average and power from the right and higher average and decent power from the left. He will fit nicely in the clean-up spot behind Big Papi.

That is true of everybody.

He will be 29 a week into the season. He provides Gold Glove defense at first. He switch hits. He hits for a decent average and power from the right and higher average and decent power from the left. He will fit nicely in the clean-up spot behind Big Papi.

How much longer does Papi have left ?

I think it's sort of funny how I mentioned this, and like Ruben said in his first post, "

Can you imagine the whining and complaining that would produce ?"

Just mentioning it alone got them whining and complaining.

Huh ? Man you are weird at times.

Archived