If the Yanks have truely given up on their youth movement....

Arsis

They needs to trade for Peavy. Especially if we can get him without giving up Hughes.

You think we can trick them into giving him to us for Kennedy, Igawa, Melky?

I don't think so but I can dream.

Peavy doesn't awant to come to NY.

Also, the Pads are not dumb. 3 pieces of crap don't add up to anything more than crap.

Peavy a fraud ? Lolz.....ok bro.

Jake Peavy - 2008

Home: (In huge ballpark)

5-5 1.75 ERA .205 BAA 99 Ks in 98 innings

Away: (In some not so friendly confines)

5-6 4.28 ERA .258 BAA 67 Ks in 75 innings

He is a 6 inning pitcher in the National league where he gets to face inferior talent and a pitcher. That pretty uch makes him a 5 inning pitcher in the American League with superior talent and tough places to pitch.

Yanks can get by with Aceves or JAG as the #5 SP. In fact Aceves looked fine in that role late last year although you cannot put too much into playing out the schedule performances.

Trade Hughes, Melky or Gardner for McLouth. If you look at the Nady/Marte deal, the Yanks may even get away with replacing Hughes with Kennedy. The chances of Austin Jackson being as good as McLouth are unknown and at least two years away. If he is, slide him into one of the corner OF spots opening up next year when Damon and Nady's contracts expire.

This would also allow them if they choose, to move Swisher for a arm at the # 5 spot in the rotation.

On paper that would be a fairly complete team and right up there with the Rays and Sox with a decent chance of one of them taking the WS Ring away from the "inferior" NL.

The Yanks have spent some serious coin but let's remember that they have simply replaced the production they received last year out of Moose-Pettitte-Abreu-Giambi while getting better defensively at 1B. Abreu was/is a better offensive player than Nady.

The high priced signings always look grand this time of year but to complete the job there is still some tweaking to do and they have the players and dollars to get it done.

Yeah, something the Yankees have realised that the Pirates apparantly have not - You can sign good FA and build through the draft and trades, you don't have to choose one or the other.

:confused:

Are you serious? Do you even read what you post?

The Yankees probably generate a half billion dollars a year. I think that is conservative. The Pirates might crack 100 million.

It is easier to do both when you make at least 5 times the money.

The Yankees haven't given up on their youth at all. Hughes is probably #5 right now and he'll be in the rotation when, not if, someone gets hurt (that is, if Pettitte comes back). Damon and Matsui are gone next year and Jackson is going to take one of those spots. They have a flood of bullpen arms ready to come up and help the big league squad.

When you have the chance to sign a cornerstone 1B and pitcher who are still pretty young and entering their primes, it's a no-brainer. Doesn't mean they're giving up on their youth.

They needs to trade for Peavy. Especially if we can get him without giving up Hughes.

You think we can trick them into giving him to us for Kennedy, Igawa, Melky?

I don't think so but I can dream.

lol...If the Yankees somehow gave Towers enough drugs to do that deal I would...

JIZZ...IN...MY PANTS

The Yankees haven't given up on their youth at all. Hughes is probably #5 right now and he'll be in the rotation when, not if, someone gets hurt (that is, if Pettitte comes back). Damon and Matsui are gone next year and Jackson is going to take one of those spots. They have a flood of bullpen arms ready to come up and help the big league squad.

When you have the chance to sign a cornerstone 1B and pitcher who are still pretty young and entering their primes, it's a no-brainer. Doesn't mean they're giving up on their youth.

We have no idea if Jackson will be able to start for the Yankees. In fact I believe Holliday will replace those expiring corner outfield contracts.

Regarding their young players:

As of today, per Girardi, Hughes is NOT in their rotation plans. Neither is Kennedy.

Melky was offered for Cameron.

Cano has been whispered to be available.

Prospects were traded for Nady, Marte and Swisher.

Swisher is likely the CF barring a trade. Not Gardner and not Melky.

Tex was a no brainer I agree though it means only DH is open down the road if Jeter or ARod need to move off their current positions.

Everyone has a farm system and everyone throws minor leaguers into their pen at one point or another to see if anything sticks. The Yanks said their big league club would be built from within the org starting last year. That has changed and there is nothing wrong with it but saying they are still on last years youth movement plan from their farm system is not true.

We have no idea if Jackson will be able to start for the Yankees. In fact I believe Holliday will replace those expiring corner outfield contracts.

Regarding their young players:

As of today, per Girardi, Hughes is NOT in their rotation plans. Neither is Kennedy.

Melky was offered for Cameron.

Cano has been whispered to be available.

Prospects were traded for Nady, Marte and Swisher.

Swisher is likely the CF barring a trade. Not Gardner and not Melky.

Tex was a no brainer I agree though it means only DH is open down the road if Jeter or ARod need to move off their current positions.

Everyone has a farm system and everyone throws minor leaguers into their pen at one point or another to see if anything sticks. The Yanks said their big league club would be built from within the org starting last year. That has changed and there is nothing wrong with it but saying they are still on last years youth movement plan from their farm system is not true.

As of now, Hughes IS in their rotation plans. Or maybe Aceves. But until they sign Pettitte, a young starter is in the rotation either way. And WHEN someone goes down, one of those two will be the first call-up.

Melky sucks, and there were no legitimate prospects dealt in those deals except for one with a high-ceiling who's yet to show if he can harness all his talent (Tabata). They have kept all their good, legit prospects. And Cano could be available in the right deal, but they key part there is the RIGHT DEAL. They're still committed to him.

I don't think anyone said they're going to completely build from within. But they still have a mix between free agents and young players with more young players on the way. That's what their plan has been all along IMO and they're still sticking to it.

:confused:

Are you serious? Do you even read what you post?

The Yankees probably generate a half billion dollars a year. I think that is conservative. The Pirates might crack 100 million.

It is easier to do both when you make at least 5 times the money.

I'm not talking about the top guys like Teixeira and Sabathia.

Archived