Congratulation 2008 New York Jets....Solid Season

JonEJet

Not making the playoffs = not making the playoffs.

Just sayin'.

(We both had crappy seasons and couldn't win when we had to, so it cost us big time. Now we're all thinking about the offseason. I could care less who's better between two non-playoff teams, as they both suck.)

11-5 is not a crappy season. This is the best record that I can remember to not make the playoffs since the advent of the Wild Card. If not the one WC, at least when there have been 2 and 3 WCs available, although even when there was only 1 I doubt this ever happened.

When your starting QB goes down and you go 11-5, you had a great season. BB is definitely COTY imo. Just look at what happens to the Jets every time a QB goes down. Look at the Bengals. The Pats lost the league MVP QB and missed only 2 beats. If the Pats have to use Cassel next year, which they probably will since Brady's having complications, the Pats are winning the division. Frankly, I think the Pats are better off just signing Cassel to a decent long term contract and cutting ties with Brady, since he'll have missed 2 entire seasons by the time he gets back, and will be 33 I think? Let some other team have him, he'll need at least 1 year to get back to NFL speed and be productive again, and by then he is nearing the end of his career.

This was not a solid season. This was an epic collapse. This was a piece of **** season. You can't go from 8-3 to 9-7 and consider than a successful season.

we went from 4-12 to 9-7, but i still agree that it was a dissapointing season but wat r you gonna do, thats football, you cant win em all. over all better than the frustrating 4-12 with chad ducks. watching favre do his magic was fun for first 11 games, after that his body checked out, bad break for the jets.

we went from 4-12 to 9-7, but i still agree that it was a dissapointing season but wat r you gonna do, thats football, you cant win em all. over all better than the frustrating 4-12 with chad ducks. watching favre do his magic was fun for first 11 games, after that his body checked out, bad break for the jets.

Last year has absolutely nothing to do with what happened this year. We were 8-3 and in a great position to get the 1st or 2nd seed and we choked and missed the playoffs. How does what happened last year have anything to do with that. If you're happy with these small petty condolences, I really don't know what to tell you. That only tells me that we've pretty much kept up our streak of being a ****ty team going.

11-5 is not a crappy season. This is the best record that I can remember to not make the playoffs since the advent of the Wild Card. If not the one WC, at least when there have been 2 and 3 WCs available, although even when there was only 1 I doubt this ever happened.

When your starting QB goes down and you go 11-5, you had a great season. BB is definitely COTY imo. Just look at what happens to the Jets every time a QB goes down. Look at the Bengals. The Pats lost the league MVP QB and missed only 2 beats. If the Pats have to use Cassel next year, which they probably will since Brady's having complications, the Pats are winning the division. Frankly, I think the Pats are better off just signing Cassel to a decent long term contract and cutting ties with Brady, since he'll have missed 2 entire seasons by the time he gets back, and will be 33 I think? Let some other team have him, he'll need at least 1 year to get back to NFL speed and be productive again, and by then he is nearing the end of his career.

He is coach of the year. But the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. Who the hell cares who's better between two non-playoff teams? I'd rather not mourn a moral defeat to the Patriots. I'll mourn the fact that we suck, but will take some solace in the fact that the Patriots didn't make the playoffs either. At least something's changed. I don't know what Gainzo's trying to get at with all of his seemingly random 11-5 > 9-7 posts, other than stir the pot or make himself feel good that he has a better team. Who gives a ****, we both didn't do what we were supposed to when we had to.

Last year has absolutely nothing to do with what happened this year. We were 8-3 and in a great position to get the 1st or 2nd seed and we choked and missed the playoffs. How does what happened last year have anything to do with that. If you're happy with these small petty condolences, I really don't know what to tell you. That only tells me that we've pretty much kept up our streak of being a ****ty team going.

Wah! Wah! Wah!

They gave you some thrills. They made you believe it could happen. Isn't that what it's all about? I don't think anybody dogged it on the team. The coaches may be dumb or unimaginitive, but they tried. The players may be old or slow or ****ty, but they tried. I'll salute them all. Every overpriced one of them.

Archived