Good luck to Bama

SouthernJet

Bama had a great year. Young team, 4th yiungest in NCAA, UNC 3rd youngest.

Saban made avery interesting comment on season after game :

In his post-Sugar Bowl press conference, Saban made an interesting point:

"...Thank God that we didn't lose any starters this year to injury; we didn't have any depth."

This is so important in football..UNC lost quite afew starters this year and it showed at end. Bama played 17 freshman and the future is bright.

IF Bama stays healthy next year I think they could have a special season.

Bama had a great year. Young team, 4th yiungest in NCAA, UNC 3rd youngest.

Saban made avery interesting comment on season after game :

In his post-Sugar Bowl press conference, Saban made an interesting point:

"...Thank God that we didn't lose any starters this year to injury; we didn't have any depth."

This is so important in football..UNC lost quite afew starters this year and it showed at end. Bama played 17 freshman and the future is bright.

IF Bama stays healthy next year I think they could have a special season.

ALABAMA is indeed one year ahead of schedule. This year was to be a stepping stone year leading up to a challenge for the National Championship in 09'. As much as I don't like JPW there is NO college experience at the QB position and that worries me somewhat for next year. Luckily there is a ton of talent there to be explored.

ALABAMA is indeed one year ahead of schedule. This year was to be a stepping stone year leading up to a challenge for the National Championship in 09'. As much as I don't like JPW there is NO college experience at the QB position and that worries me somewhat for next year. Luckily there is a ton of talent there to be explored.

yup...

only thing bama has to fear is injuroes,,,like saban said 'we have no depth',,well UNC and Bama are 3rd/4th youngest teams in NCAA,,,saban and davis have both brought in Top10 classes in 2 years they are there and bama is 6th so far this yera and UNC 7th.

Lack of depth is obvious as they had to shed some of teh guys they inherited,,UNC was on way to 11 season but got killed in depth area because they had so many key injuries this year..bama, like saban said, had no key injuroes and depth wasnt exposed..

depth will be better for both teams next year since it will be another year of thier kids in there, BUT, injuroes are still teh key when a team hasnt built up great depth yet...

Archived