Giants make 3 year offer to Manny

NIGHT STALKER

The Giants have entered the bidding for free-agent superstar Manny Ramirez, SI.com has confirmed.

KPIX-TV reported Friday that the Giants have made a three-year offer with an option for a fourth year.

The Dodgers remain interested in Ramirez, and a bidding contest between the two great West Coast rivals could loom. The Dodgers originally offered the slugging savant $45 million over two years, but later withdrew that offer. They will have to do better than that to have chance to retain his services.

While the Angels have suggested publicly that they won't be bidding for Ramirez, some baseball people aren't writing them off. There also appears to be one or two other American League teams on the periphery of the bidding. The Yankees, after signing Mark Teixeira to an eight-year, $180-million contract, are not among them.

I worry about ManRam when he has nothing to play for. That worries me. However, the dude can RAKE. I've never seen a better right handed hitter in person. I don't care if you have a wicked 12-6er or if you bring 95 mph gas with movement, he's dialing if it's in his zone.

I worry about ManRam when he has nothing to play for. That worries me. However, the dude can RAKE. I've never seen a better right handed hitter in person. I don't care if you have a wicked 12-6er or if you bring 95 mph gas with movement, he's dialing if it's in his zone.

So... on top of playing single A ball you are also Jim Rome? :cheers:

Archived